toldailytopic: Ethnic Food. Which countries cuisine reigns supreme?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoo22

Mmmm. Probably Japanese for me. I eat Mexican the most.

And I agree with the "different times/different foods" folks. It depends where I am, too... For example, when I'm in NY, Jewish and Italian foods top the list, and I'll skip the Mexican. In Memphis, I'll take the BBQ please and skip the Japanese.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'm going outside of the box. Southern cuisine is the most varied, delectable and satisfying food on the planet. From unbelievable seafood dishes of the Gulf Coast, to fried chicken, greens and mashed potatoes of the interior, to Texas beef with its chili and barbecue, the South is the true culinary gem of the Americas. And I haven't even gotten to our Sweet Potato or Key Lime pies, just to begin the dessert menu...:TomO: :chew:

drbrumley

I'm going outside of the box. Southern cuisine is the most varied, delectable and satisfying food on the planet. From unbelievable seafood dishes of the Gulf Coast, to fried chicken, greens and mashed potatoes of the interior, to Texas beef with its chili and barbecue, the South is the true culinary gem of the Americas. And I haven't even gotten to our Sweet Potato or Key Lime pies, just to begin the dessert menu...:TomO: :chew:

Well, I'll have to second that

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Italian food is closely followed by Mexican food which is closely followed by Chinese food. :chew:

Hey, you stole my answers! :sozo2:

I must have mexican food to survive. Salsa is the life blood that runs through my veins.

gsweet

I've heard stories from a buddy in Memphis about certain BBQ joints; the kind of place where Hasidic Jews renounce their Kosher status for an evening so they can sample the ribs... I have yet to make my way into the South for this type of meal, but I have no doubt it would rank highly on my list of summer foods.

On a similar note, this thread got me inspired to hunt down something new for lunch. I just got back from a Tibetan restaurant and I must say, fantastic! Think of a unique cross between Indian, Pakistani, and Chinese, with a faint touch of Mediterranean thrown in for good measure :thumb:

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
Hey, you stole my answers! :sozo2:

I must have mexican food to survive. Salsa is the life blood that runs through my veins.

I eat chips and salsa nearly every single day. This summer I am planning on a garden of tomatoes, peppers, onions, and cilantro just so that I can make tons of salsa and jar it to last me the winter.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Comfort food at its finest! :thumb:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
For everyday... I can always eat Mexican.

But for a treat, I can't get enough BBQ ribs slow roasted southern style.

Status
Not open for further replies.