Tobacco Use

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
I am not saying that you have to prove it, that. I believe that you are incorrect.

How can you disagree with this though:

All things in moderation.
There is nothing sinful about smoking. Just like with alcohol; even though actual drunkeness is a sin, having a sip of wine is not a sin. Jews drink wine as part of the Passover. If thats okay, then having a fine cigar now and then is too.

Whats to disagree with. I am not saying it is good for you mind you, I am just saying its not a sin.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
How can you disagree with this though:

There is nothing sinful about smoking. Just like with alcohol; even though actual drunkeness is a sin, having a sip of wine is not a sin. Jews drink wine as part of the Passover. If thats okay, then having a fine cigar now and then is too.

Whats to disagree with. I am not saying it is good for you mind you, I am just saying its not a sin.

I do not drink wine and did not even at Passover.

Smoking is sin. Drinking alcohol is sin. Having a fine cigar is sin.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Of course, you don't. You only do it, because you cannot control your urge to keep mentioning his name for no particular reason.
Incorrect.

I mentioned his name once when it became imprinted upon my mind for no particular reason. I am not making this up. No need to respond. Shabbat Shalom. Shabbat is soon for me.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Incorrect.

I mentioned his name once when it became imprinted upon my mind for no particular reason. I am not making this up. No need to respond. Shabbat Shalom. Shabbat is soon for me.

No. You've mentioned that notorious name a few times, Jacob. Don't be fibbing now, okay?

popsthebuilder

There is nothing sinful about smoking. Just like with alcohol; even though actual drunkeness is a sin, having a sip of wine is not a sin. Jews drink wine as part of the Passover. If thats okay, then having a fine cigar now and then is too
And what of defacing or degrading or destroying GOD'S vessel or temple?

Does smoke come out of one's mouth when they smoke cigarettes?

Do cigarettes not kill people?

I smoke by the way......and it is killing me.....

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
And what of defacing or degrading or destroying GOD'S vessel or temple?.......
Please, spare me the extremist hyperbole.

........Does smoke come out of one's mouth when they smoke cigarettes?......
Yep, just as a whiff of alcohol came off of Jesus' mouth during the Passover meal. Go argue with Jesus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
I do not drink wine and did not even at Passover.......
Thats your problem.

......Smoking is sin. Drinking alcohol is sin. Having a fine cigar is sin.
Wrong, wrong, and wrong
Show me where the Bible says smoking is a sin.
As for alcohol, again, "drunkenness" is the sin that the Bible mentions. Having a sip of wine is not drunkenness.

Besides, it is a sin for a man NOT to have ever had a fine cigar as far as I am concerned.

popsthebuilder

Thats your problem.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong
Show me where the Bible says smoking is a sin.
As for alcohol, again, "drunkenness" is the sin that the Bible mentions. Having a sip of wine is not drunkenness.

Besides, it is a sin for a man NOT to have ever had a fine cigar as far as I am concerned.
It is the addiction that veers from moderation, and the knowing attribution to one's own death that seems synonymous with knowing sin.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
It is the addiction that veers from moderation, and the knowing attribution to one's own death that seems synonymous with knowing sin.

I wasn't talking about addiction. I simply said that having a drink or a smoke is not a sin, and I am correct (as always). Addictions are an entirely different subject.