To be Justified by Faith is to be Justified by Christ

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
James and his bunch were all zealous of the law, Acts 20:21, Not the Gospel, the law.

What? That's an absurd thing to say. You referred to Acts 20:21:

...testifying to Jews and also to Greeks repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ. (Acts 20:21 NKJV)

Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God... (Hebrews 6:1 NKJV)​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The book of Acts is about the Gospel going out into the world, but with much opposition.

For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them, but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. (Hebrews 4:2 NKJV)​

Paul's gospel was validated by the Hebrew Bible. Paul did not make up his own gospel.

Right Divider

Body part
For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them, but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. (Hebrews 4:2 NKJV)​
Paul's gospel was validated by the Hebrew Bible. Paul did not make up his own gospel.
No, he preached the gospel of the grace of God. The one that Jesus Christ gave HIM.

Robert Pate

Banned
That's a ridiculous theory with NOT scriptural support.

Why did Paul NOT correct James and the gang the they bragged about ALL of the THOUSANDS of Jews that were all zealous of the law?

Not ONE little peep from Paul about that being wrong. Please explain how Paul did NOT correct them.

And yet when Jesus was with them He told them to KEEP the law and there is no scripture that Jesus ever told them otherwise.

No, actually the book of Acts is the story of the downfall of Israel due to their continual rejection of their Messiah.

This is a continuation of Luke's accounts in his other book.
Act 1:1-3 KJV The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, (2) Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen: (3) To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

You again are in denial of the scriptures, Galatians 2:11.

What is it with you? If you don't like what the scripture says you just deny it?

Peter and Barnabas both went under the table when the Judaizers walked in. Paul had to reprimand them, Galatians 2:14.

Paul was always trying to fit in with the Jews that wanted to live according to the law. He had to walk on egg shells for the sake of the Gospel.

Paul taught, "By the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

The book of Acts is also a transition book. The Jews are turning from the law and the Jewish religion to Christ and his Gospel. But not without much contention.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
You again are in denial of the scriptures, Galatians 1:11.

What is it with you? If you don't like what the scripture says you just deny it?

Peter and Barnabas both went under the table when the Judaizers walked in. Paul had to reprimand them, Galatians 1:14.

Paul was always trying to fit in with the Jews that wanted to live according to the law. He had to walk on egg shells for the sake of the Gospel.

Paul taught, "By the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

The book of Acts is also a transition book. The Jews are turning from the law and the Jewish religion to Christ and his Gospel. But not without much contention.
You're so rabid that you're in the wrong chapter of Galatians.

I know perfectly well what Paul teaches as I believe all of God Word. Whereas you think that some of it is incorrect.

Robert Pate

Banned
What? That's an absurd thing to say. You referred to Acts 20:21:

...testifying to Jews and also to Greeks repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ. (Acts 20:21 NKJV)

Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God... (Hebrews 6:1 NKJV)​

I quoted the wrong scripture. Should have been Acts 21:20.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I quoted the wrong scripture. Should have been Acts 21:20.

Paul was also zealous for the law.

...and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:15-17 NKJV)​

Robert Pate

Banned
You're so rabid that you're in the wrong chapter of Galatians.

I know perfectly well what Paul teaches as I believe all of God Word. Whereas you think that some of it is incorrect.

There was a problem with Peter and Barnabas. There was a problem with James.

You refuse to acknowledge that there were problems with these apostles. All of the Bible is correct and it hides nothing.

Right Divider

Body part
There was a problem with Peter and Barnabas. There was a problem with James.

You refuse to acknowledge that there were problems with these apostles. All of the Bible is correct and it hides nothing.
I never said that there was NOT a problem "with Peter and Barnabas", but you're just not going to repent of your lies about James, etc.

So please, just start with this one:
Show us in the scripture where James STARTED a church in Jerusalem.

Then we can get back to the rest of your lies after that.

Ben Masada

1 - It was sorrow of my sins that brought me to Christ. Therefore, I do believe that repentance is very important. I believe that repentance is a change in one's life brought about by acceptance of God and Christ. That change reflects God's commandments.

2 - If no one can die for the sins of another. Why did they have animal sacrifices?

3 - As for James being the author of the message. I still believe that James was the author. There is a belief that James was the half brother of Jesus.

1 - It means that Jesus had no need to die for that. In that case the prophets were right. (Jer. 31:30; Ezek. 18:20)

2 - I was not referring to animals but to people. Jesus was not an animal but a person.

3 - So, James could not have written a Christian message. He was a Jew.

Robert Pate

Banned
I never said that there was NOT a problem "with Peter and Barnabas", but you're just not going to repent of your lies about James, etc.

So please, just start with this one:
Show us in the scripture where James STARTED a church in Jerusalem.

Then we can get back to the rest of your lies after that.

It is very obvious that James was the head of the church in Jerusalem.

James pronounces the final conditions for the Gentiles, Acts 15:13, Acts 15:19-21.

James sent men to spy on Peter and Barnabas to see if they were eating with Gentiles, Galatians 2:12.

Paul went to visit James and the elders were present, Acts 21:18.

No, I don't have the names of the men that were sent to spy on Peter and Barnabas. But I do know that they were sent by James.

Right Divider

Body part
This was NOT a church that HE STARTED. This was the SAME "church" of the TWELVE apostles for the TWELVE tribes of ISRAEL.

James pronounces the final conditions for the Gentiles, Acts 15:13, Acts 15:19-21.

James sent men to spy on Peter and Barnabas to see if they were eating with Gentiles, Galatians 2:12.

Paul went to visit James and the elders were present, Acts 21:18.

No, I don't have the names of the men that were sent to spy on Peter and Barnabas. But I do know that they were sent by James.
And YET James says that THEY (the leaders of the church in Jerusalem) gave these "spies" NO SUCH COMMANDMENT, that THESE Gentiles OUTSIDE of Israel needed to be circumcised and keep the law of Moses.
Act 15:24 KJV Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:
So why do YOU keep FALSELY claiming that JAMES was the one that said that these Gentiles in the church at Antioch, outside of the land of Israel, SHOULD be circumcised and keep the law of Moses?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
No, he preached the gospel of the grace of God. The one that Jesus Christ gave HIM.

Did Paul preach the gospel of grace that God preached to Abraham?

Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”) that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. (Galatians 3:13-14 NKJV)​

Right Divider

Body part
Did Paul preach the gospel of grace that God preached to Abraham?
Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”) that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. (Galatians 3:13-14 NKJV)​
Where did God preach the gospel of the grace of God to Abraham?

Robert Pate

Banned
This was NOT a church that HE STARTED. This was the SAME "church" of the TWELVE apostles for the TWELVE tribes of ISRAEL.

And YET James says that THEY (the leaders of the church in Jerusalem) gave these "spies" NO SUCH COMMANDMENT, that THESE Gentiles OUTSIDE of Israel needed to be circumcised and keep the law of Moses.
Act 15:24 KJV Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:
So why do YOU keep FALSELY claiming that JAMES was the one that said that these Gentiles in the church at Antioch, outside of the land of Israel, SHOULD be circumcised and keep the law of Moses?

Simply because we know that James was a Judaizer because he sent men to spy on Peter and Barnabas to see if they were eating with Gentiles, Galatians 2:12.

a Jew under the law is a Jew under the law, Acts 15:21.

Paul had to straighten them out.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Where did God preach the gospel of the grace of God to Abraham?

...that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. The promise of the Spirit is eternal life by grace through faith.

All salvation from Abel on has been by grace through faith. There is no other means of salvation.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Not true, the church is the people that God gave to Jesus and Christ is the head of the people no matter where they are.

Why are you promoting Nicolaitan doctrine?

Right Divider

Body part
...that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. The promise of the Spirit is eternal life by grace through faith.

All salvation from Abel on has been by grace through faith. There is no other means of salvation.
Why did God wait until Paul to reveal this?