Tithing And Taxes

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
This is what most Jews over look. Tithing is a tenth and went to the priests. But just as important they owed a tenth to the government. And they owed twelve percent of their income straight to the poor around them.
Can you provide Scripture for all of this? What government?

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
xx The old testament tithes were what they owed to God in the church. But what they fell to speak of is what else God says they owe. They owe 10% of their income for taxes, and they also owe 12% of their income strait to the poor around them. They owed 10% for taxes. According to the old testament law of what you owed to God was 32% of your income, 10% to the church and 10% to the government, and 12% to the poor. Thank God we are not under the old testament. Now who is taking more than they have a right to?

Wrong! 10 percent of your income, and 20 percent if you sell something.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Does His Word say 12%?

I said
no it says

10 "Six years you shall sow your land and gather in its produce,
11 "but the seventh year you shall let it rest and lie fallow, that the poor of your people may eat; and what they leave, the beasts of the field may eat. In like manner you shall do with your vineyard and your olive grove.
Lev 19:9-10
9 'When you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not wholly reap the corners of your field, nor shall you gather the gleanings of your harvest.
10 'And you shall not glean your vineyard, nor shall you gather every grape of your vineyard; you shall leave them for the poor and the stranger: I am the LORD your God.

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
Yes, Israel had an income tax system. But I can't remember the verses off the top of my head. searching a tenth and a fifth might help.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
no it says

10 "Six years you shall sow your land and gather in its produce,
11 "but the seventh year you shall let it rest and lie fallow, that the poor of your people may eat; and what they leave, the beasts of the field may eat. In like manner you shall do with your vineyard and your olive grove.
Lev 19:9-10
9 'When you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not wholly reap the corners of your field, nor shall you gather the gleanings of your harvest.
10 'And you shall not glean your vineyard, nor shall you gather every grape of your vineyard; you shall leave them for the poor and the stranger: I am the LORD your God.
Then why do you say 12%?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Then why do you say 12%?

I said
Well that was just a guess. If they had to give their whole income to the poor every seventh year. And they had to leave the gleaning on the ground every year to the poor it just looked like around 12%.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Well that was just a guess. If they had to give their whole income to the poor every seventh year. And they had to leave the gleaning on the ground every year to the poor it just looked like around 12%.
Does it say income?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You're welcome is you are welcome.

I said
lol And picking at someone's spelling is straining out gnats.

[Mat 23:23-24
[23] "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier [matters] of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.
[24] "Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
lol And picking at someone's spelling is straining out gnats.

[Mat 23:23-24
[23] "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier [matters] of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.
[24] "Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!

Helping someone to be correct may be removing stumbling blocks or hindrances.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Helping someone to be correct may be removing stumbling blocks or hindrances.

I said
lol That is your correct, not everyone elses. There are many ways to say the same thing. When you strain out something so little you are imposing your way of doing something on others. Think about that.