ECT Those who believe will labor to enter the "Rest" of God"

vfirestormv

Joh 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It has much relevance.

The Old covenant was made with Israel and Judah. Moses' house was all Jews.

The New covenant is with Israel and Judah. Jesus' house is also all Jews. (And you can't be in it)

You just don't like it.

Not so---

1Ti 3:15 but if I am delayed, I write so that you may know how you ought to conduct yourself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Heb 10:16 "THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THEM AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR HEARTS, AND IN THEIR MINDS I WILL WRITE THEM,"
Heb 10:17 then He adds, "THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE."
Heb 10:18 Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.
Heb 10:19 Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus,
Heb 10:20 by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh,
Heb 10:21 and having a High Priest over the house of God,

1Pe 2:4 Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious,
1Pe 2:5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:6 Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture, "BEHOLD, I LAY IN ZION A CHIEF CORNERSTONE, ELECT, PRECIOUS, AND HE WHO BELIEVES ON HIM WILL BY NO MEANS BE PUT TO SHAME."
1Pe 2:7 Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious; but to those who are disobedient, "THE STONE WHICH THE BUILDERS REJECTED HAS BECOME THE CHIEF CORNERSTONE,"
1Pe 2:8 and "A STONE OF STUMBLING AND A ROCK OF OFFENSE." They stumble, being disobedient to the word, to which they also were appointed.
1Pe 2:9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;
1Pe 2:10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.

1Pe 4:17 For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?
1Pe 4:18 Now "IF THE RIGHTEOUS ONE IS SCARCELY SAVED, WHERE WILL THE UNGODLY AND THE SINNER APPEAR?"

You separate yourself from being in the House of God by your religion.

LA

vfirestormv

What is the word of truth, according to Paul?

And if Paul is right, how do YOU rightly divide the gospel?

I don't divide it in the way you do. I expound. His coming in the flesh, born of a virgin, His living a sinless life, His going to the cross as the propitiation for our sins, His death, burial and resurrection. And because He lives we too live in Him.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You missed the point.

Christ told them to keep the Law of Moses.

Why don't you?

Luk 16:25 But Abraham said, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented.
Luk 16:26 And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.'
Luk 16:27 "Then he said, 'I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father's house,
Luk 16:28 for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.'
Luk 16:29 Abraham said to him, 'They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.'
Luk 16:30 And he said, 'No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.'
Luk 16:31 But he said to him, 'If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.' "

Cross Reference

Joh 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Although i agree with you in this, there is this by Jesus:

"And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd." John 10:16 (KJV)

I don't however, believe it has to do with either the Jew or Gentile but something perhaps to do with before the flood. Why I say that is because of this verse:

". . . . then began men to call upon the name of the LORD." Genesis 4:26 (KJV)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
But watch ......
The workers will start dividing the commands of Jesus into those that still apply to them and those that don't still apply to them.

Matthew 5:18-19 KJV
(18) For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
(19) Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 28:19-20 KJV
(19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
(20) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

1Jn 2:4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1Jn 2:5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.
1Jn 2:6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.
1Jn 2:7 Brethren, I write no new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which you heard from the beginning.
1Jn 2:8 Again, a new commandment I write to you, which thing is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away, and the true light is already shining.
1Jn 2:9 He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now.
1Jn 2:10 He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him.
1Jn 2:11 But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

LA

musterion

Not so---

1Ti 3:15 but if I am delayed, I write so that you may know how you ought to conduct yourself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

You separate yourself from being in the House of God by your religion.

House of God, in this context = a local assembly, and by extension the Body of Christ.
House of Israel/Judah = Jews only. Not you. Not us.
Both belong to God but are not the same entity, nor interchangeable.

Contexts.

vfirestormv

You did not hear that from any of us.

I most certainly did, just yesterday. I will have to find the post when I have a chance.
Just for the record then. Which books are for us, the gentiles, that we need to follow. And which are the ones that are not for us?
Just so I can know which books of the Bible I can rip out and throw away, as there obviously is no use for them for us, and it is quite a heavy book... :rolleyes:

vfirestormv

You did not hear that from any of us.

it's written to a different church:

1. OT- church in the wilderness, Moses' house, earthly inheritance
2. 4 gospels, Heb-Rev - Christ's house, a priesthood, a holy nation, inheritance is a city
3. Romans-Philemon - Christ's Body, neither Jew nor Gentile, one new man, inheritance is the heavens

Reject, and continue in confusion, or accept and begin to see.
Mix them up and live in continual contradiction.

What is he saying then??? He is one of your sect, is he not?

musterion

What is he saying then???

Glad you asked. I hope he won't mind my highlighting where you're not understanding what we're saying.

Originally Posted by SaulToPaul
it's written TO a different church:

1. OT- church in the wilderness, Moses' house, earthly inheritance
2. 4 gospels, Heb-Rev - Christ's house, a priesthood, a holy nation, inheritance is a city
3. Romans-Philemon - Christ's Body, neither Jew nor Gentile, one new man, inheritance is the heavens

Reject, and continue in confusion, or accept and begin to see.
Mix them up and live in continual contradiction.

See the difference from what I highlighted earlier? Not asking if you understand it - asking only if you SEE it.

vfirestormv

Glad you asked. I hope he won't mind my highlighting where you're not understanding what we're saying.

See the difference from what I highlighted earlier? Not asking if you understand it - asking only if you SEE it.

If it is a different Church then it is a different people. Or are we now more than one?

quote"2. 4 gospels, Heb-Rev - Christ's house, a priesthood, a holy nation, inheritance is a city"

Sure looks like he is saying this is to Israel. And so now are you/he/they saying that it is for us as well? Just not to us?

And if it is for us but not to us, shouldn't we follow it? Or do we divide it another way? Maybe I should have study more Calculus in school...

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
House of God, in this context = a local assembly, and by extension the Body of Christ.
House of Israel/Judah = Jews only. Not you. Not us.
Both belong to God but are not the same entity, nor interchangeable.

Contexts.

There is only one House of God. not two.

Heb 3:1 Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our confession, Christ Jesus,
Heb 3:2 who was faithful to Him who appointed Him, as Moses also was faithful in all His house.
Heb 3:3 For this One has been counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as He who built the house has more honor than the house.
Heb 3:4 For every house is built by someone, but He who built all things is God.
Heb 3:5 And Moses indeed was faithful in all His house as a servant, for a testimony of those things which would be spoken afterward,
Heb 3:6 but Christ as a Son over His own house, whose house we are if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end.
Heb 3:7 Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says: "TODAY, IF YOU WILL HEAR HIS VOICE,
Heb 3:8 DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEARTS AS IN THE REBELLION, IN THE DAY OF TRIAL IN THE WILDERNESS,
Heb 3:9 WHERE YOUR FATHERS TESTED ME, TRIED ME, AND SAW MY WORKS FORTY YEARS.
Heb 3:10 THEREFORE I WAS ANGRY WITH THAT GENERATION, AND SAID, 'THEY ALWAYS GO ASTRAY IN THEIR HEART, AND THEY HAVE NOT KNOWN MY WAYS.'
Heb 3:11 SO I SWORE IN MY WRATH, 'THEY SHALL NOT ENTER MY REST.' "
Heb 3:12 Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God;
Heb 3:13 but exhort one another daily, while it is called "TODAY," lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
Heb 3:14 For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end,
Heb 3:15 while it is said: "TODAY, IF YOU WILL HEAR HIS VOICE, DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEARTS AS IN THE REBELLION."

PAUL---

1Co 10:1 Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea,
1Co 10:2 all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea,
1Co 10:3 all ate the same spiritual food,
1Co 10:4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ.
1Co 10:5 But with most of them God was not well pleased, for their bodies were scattered in the wilderness.
1Co 10:6 Now these things became our examples, to the intent that we should not lust after evil things as they also lusted.
1Co 10:7 And do not become idolaters as were some of them. As it is written, "THE PEOPLE SAT DOWN TO EAT AND DRINK, AND ROSE UP TO PLAY."
1Co 10:8 Nor let us commit sexual immorality, as some of them did, and in one day twenty-three thousand fell;
1Co 10:9 nor let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed by serpents;
1Co 10:10 nor complain, as some of them also complained, and were destroyed by the destroyer.
1Co 10:11 Now all these things happened to them as examples, and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.

LA

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
While that is true for Israel future,

Hebrews 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

it is not true of those of us in the Body of Christ. if [we] are made partakers by the gospel!

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:if

We must "what"??

So the question is to you __ "are you alive in Christ?" I think not.

<I love toying with you kids who believe you have arrived>

You are so backward in your thinking. Wayward like the grumbling unbelieving Jews in the desert.

This IS our contention with you always you have NOT held steadfast your first confidence the scripture is not to us but to YOU.

We have laboured and we have entered God's rest...YOU do not even believe in God's rest, how can you labour to enter in to a rest you do not believe in?

The rest is the ASSURANCE we have of everlasting life, that's what you do not believe, you sneer and call it OSAS.

Cross Reference

You are so backward in your thinking. Wayward like the grumbling unbelieving Jews in the desert.

This IS our contention with you always you have NOT held steadfast your first confidence the scripture is not to us but to YOU.

We have laboured and we have entered God's rest...YOU do not even believe in God's rest, how can you labour to enter in to a rest you do not believe in?

The rest is the ASSURANCE we have of everlasting life, that's what you do not believe, you sneer and call it OSAS.

Spoken to Pentecostal Christians:

"Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief."
Hebrews 4:1-11 (KJV)

Chew on that. No further comment __ none should be needed.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Aw you slippery fellow...if Jesus had given them rest.

...you know very well the Jesus there was Josuah so why have you presented it so dishonestly?

Yes Jesus is seated, He has done His work, it is finished and it is YOU who will not enter into His rest.

All those dire warnings in Hebrews are written to YOU. If you are saved you will always be saved, but you have lost the joy of your salvation.

You have fallen into the very same disbelief that the Jews did.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The rest is talking about YOUR heart coming to rest.

You did not labor to become one of the saved did you?

Heb 4:10 For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.
Heb 4:11 Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience.
Heb 4:12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Heb 4:13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
Heb 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.
Heb 4:15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

LA

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The rest is not salvation...it is the assurance....that's what we have and you don't. Some learn it others don't.