This 'Generation' Shall Not Pass Away Till All Be Fulfilled

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
It is being stated as 'generation' when you take into account the flowing context of Luke.

Compare Luke 9:27
"But truly I tell you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God.”

So, you fail.
Good job.

Jerry Shugart

It is being stated as 'generation' when you take into account the flowing context of Luke.

"But truly I tell you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God.”

So, you fail.
Good job.

Let us look at this passage:

"For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom" (Mt.16 27-28).​

One of the meanings of the Greek word translated "coming" at Matthew 16:28 is "to appear" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

So this is one of the possible meanings of Matthew 16:28:

"Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man appear in his kingdom"

Therefore, we can understand that the Lord Jesus was saying that there were some of the Apostles who would see the Lord Jesus "appearing" in His kingdom before they died. The words of Peter in his first epistle refers to this "appearing," and it happened at the "transfiguration" on the holy mount:

"For, skilfully devised fables not having followed out, we did make known to you the power and presence of our Lord Jesus Christ, but eye-witnesses having become of his majesty --for having received from God the Father honour and glory, such a voice being borne to him by the excellent glory: `This is My Son -- the beloved, in whom I was well pleased;' and this voice we -- we did hear, out of heaven borne, being with him in the holy mount" (2 Pet.1:16-18; YLT).​

Peter is speaking of seeing the Lord's "presence" and he also says that he was was an eyewitness of His "majesty". The word "majesty" is translated from the Greek word megaleiotes and that word means "greatness, magnificence...of the visible splendor of the divine majesty as it appeared in the transfiguration of Christ, 2 Peter i.16" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

Therefore we can understand that what happened on the Holy Mount fulfilled the Lord Jesus' words that some of His Apostles would witness His "appearance" or "presence" in His kingdom.

In each gospel that records the words of the Lord Jesus saying that some of His Apostles will see Him in the kingdom the events of the "transfiguration" immediately follow. On the holy mount "His face did shine like the sun, and His rainment was as white as the light" (Mt.17:2).

Louis A. Barbieri, Jr., suggests the significance of those who were present on the Holy Mount:

"Why were Moses and Elijah, of all Old Testament people, present on this occasion? Perhaps these two men and the disciples suggest all the categories of people who will be in Jesus' coming kingdom. The disciples represent individuals who will be present in physical bodies. Moses represents saved individuals who have died or will die. Elijah represents saved individuals who will not experience death, but will be caught up to heaven alive (1 Thes.4:17). These three groups will be present when Christ institutes His kingdom on earth. Furthermore, the Lord will be in His glory as He was at the transfiguration, and the kingdom will take place on earth, as this obviously did"
(Walvoord & Zuck, The Bible Knowledge Commentary; New Testament [Colorado Springs: ChariotVictor Press, 1983], p.59).​

Crucible, now that I have answered you perhaps you will be kind enough to answer a question for me. Do you think that a world-wide judgment took place on the earth in the first century?:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left... Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels" (Mt.25:31-33,41).​

Thanks!

randomvim

So, you fail.
Good job.
would the word see refer to physical or metaphysical or spiritual?

Jerry Shugart

Jerry literal hopscotch will produce a false kingdom thinking in time. When time has no jurisdiction in eternity.

I am not hopscotching. By His own words the Lord Jesus tells us that when He will return to the earth then He will sit upon His throne:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory" (Mt.25:31).​

The following verse depicts His reign as King:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth"
(Jer.23:5).​

It is those who say that these things have already happened who are doing the hopscotching, not me!

randomvim

I am not hopscotching. By His own words the Lord Jesus tells us that when He will return to the earth then He will sit upon His throne:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory" (Mt.25:31).​

The following verse depicts His reign as King:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth"
(Jer.23:5).​

It is those who say that these things have already happened who are doing the hopscotching, not me!
trouble is some things have happened while others have not.

what is to say these words do not suggest personal enlightment or differentiating meanings?

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Jerry Shugart

trouble is some things have happened while others have not.

what is to say these words do not suggest personal enlightment or differentiating meanings?

If this verse should not be taken in a literal manner then it must hyave a different meaning:

What is your interpretation of the meaning of these words of the Lord Jesus?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
IF it's actually there and IF it imparts what it seems to, there is no way dozens of translating teams and individuals, over hundreds of years, simply overlooked it.

UhOh! If the If is as accurate as it seems...

Those dozens of translation teams forgot to consider Rv. 22:18-19

# whoopsy