Third Temple Is Being Built

beameup

It's pretty obvious from the Scriptures that it was in the City of David, near Gihon Spring.
However, the "Temple Institute" (and most Jews) is stubbornly holding onto their "tradition".

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
It's pretty obvious from the Scriptures that it was in the City of David, near Gihon Spring.
However, the "Temple Institute" (and most Jews) is stubbornly holding onto their "tradition".

The godless Jews don't realize God would never place his temple in a city that is spiritually called Sodom and Egypt.

Why do I refer to the Jews as being godless?

Jesus said, "He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him." (John 5:23)

To not honor the Father, who is the only true God, is to be godless. There is no other.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The godless Jews don't realize God would never place his temple in a city that is spiritually called Sodom and Egypt.

Why do I refer to the Jews as being godless?

Jesus said, "He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him." (John 5:23)

To not honor the Father, who is the only true God, is to be godless. There is no other.

We have all been 'godless'.
Yet Christ died for us in spite of it.
Did GOD single out the 'godless' Jews to not provide the same?

Rom 5:6* For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.*
Rom 5:7* For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.*
Rom 5:8* But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Ezekiel 36 states that GOD will bring Israel back to the land when they are in unbelief.
After that, He will sprinkle clean water on them and give them a heart of flesh and place a new spirit in them and cause them to obey.
All of this in spite of their sins..... for His Holy Name's sake!

After that, Jerusalem shall be called 'the LORD our righteousness'.

If the LORD has mercy in the future on Israel and Jerusalem, can we not show mercy on them, as well?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
If the LORD has mercy in the future on Israel and Jerusalem, can we not show mercy on them, as well?

Of course, and the Muslims, the Buddhists, the Hindus, the Mormons, the Scientologists, even the Protestants and Catholics.

The Lord has been merciful to me and I'm not in any of those groups.

Danoh

Do we know why?

Nowhere in that video do they say the Temple is being built.

And the people interviewed are mostly Acts 2 Dispy's - which unavoidably tends towards sensationalism because they are not consistent in their Dispensationalism - as will any Dispy not consistent in his or her Dispensationalism.

The point in the video is that the finding that where the Temple had actually been located was not where it had been thought to be the case, opens up the possibility for the rebuilding of the Temple elsewhere, and as a result offers the possibility of building it, while possibly avoiding at last, the standing conflict thus far, of building it where Islam's Dome presently sits.

And of course, said Acts 2 Dispys on that video, made with their various speculations of that.

A thought...

It's not that Acts 2 Dispys are up to no good, by the way.

Rather, that their false positive (Acts 2 Dispensationalism to begin with) results in their reading more of the same, into what they are attempting to understand.

Sort of like when you think you are running late - it conditions your actions and perceptions to where you think and believe, and behave, as if you actually are late.

Doesn't make you a bad person, other than in the eyes of another's own...false positive about your motives.

At the same time, neither does that automatically mean some people are not up to no good, to begin with...

In either case, thank God for Romans 5:8.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Nowhere in that video do they say the Temple is being built.

Good point. That explains why the video is titled "Urgent 2017: Rebuilding The Third Temple is beginning."

"The point in the video is that the finding that where the Temple had actually been located was not where it had been thought to be the case, opens up the possibility for the rebuilding of the Temple elsewhere" (post 9)

Do we know why a third temple would be rebuilt before Christ shows himself?

What an inane idea that is.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Do we know why a third temple would be rebuilt before Christ shows himself?

What an inane idea that is.

Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

If it is true that this describes a yet future person who confirms a covenant with Daniel's people[Israel] for seven years and at the midpoint causes the daily sacrifice to cease, then at some point the daily sacrifice would have to have been started again, which requires another temple in Jerusalem.

If that is true then, 2Thess 2:3-4 may correspond to the same event and the temple which Paul refers to may be the second one which was still standing when Paul wrote that epistle, but in the future be represented by a third one before Christ's return to destroy the son of perdition.

2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

If Rev 11 is yet future then it would also be in harmony with Daniel's prophecy.... and so on.

If all of this took place in the past then thus we have the argument of Preterism vs Millenialism in its various forms.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

What? Gabriel's prophecy has been completed.

Why are you associating Israel with the Jews?

Israel and Judah split hundreds of years ago.

Rehoboam kept Judah, Jereboam took Israel.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
What? Gabriel's prophecy has been completed.

Did I say that it has been completed?
Where did you get that idea?

Why are you associating Israel with the Jews?

The Jews are part of 'the whole house of Israel'.

Since the return to the land under Nehemiah the word Jew has been used loosely to refer to Israel collectively, even though there will be a final regathering of the twelve tribes back to the land.
When Christ said that He was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel, He used it inclusively to refer to any of the collective house of Israel including Judah.
Ezekiel uses the term 'house of Israel' to refer both to the northern ten and at other times to 'the whole house of Israel' meaning all twelve tribes.

Israel and Judah split hundreds of years ago.

Rehoboam kept Judah, Jereboam took Israel.

Yeah, I know.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard that the Third Temple was being built. Over the last 4 decades, I'd have made quite a few dollars, and I'd be picking up another one here, with more to come in future decades. And still no Third Temple in sight.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard that the Third Temple was being built. Over the last 4 decades, I'd have made quite a few dollars, and I'd be picking up another one here, with more to come in future decades. And still no Third Temple in sight.

The only once holy Temple is the NT churches which is presently going after the money and political power.

That is where satan has infiltrated (among the believers)--

2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

If it is true that this describes a yet future person who confirms a covenant with Daniel's people[Israel] for seven years and at the midpoint causes the daily sacrifice to cease, then at some point the daily sacrifice would have to have been started again, which requires another temple in Jerusalem.

Your understanding denies the sacrifice of Christ to end the sacrifices and oblations of the old covenant and denies the confirming of the covenant of the Fathers by Christ for 3.5 years, which he will again do for the 3.5 years described in Daniel ch 12 and the book of Revelation.

LA

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Yes, a tiny part compared to the other tribes.

Good point, But what happened to the whole house of Judah that Christ will join to Israel.

"And when the children of your people speak to you, saying, 'Will you not show us what you mean by these?'— say to them, 'Thus says the Lord God: Surely I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim and the tribes of Israel his companions, and I will join them with it, with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick and they will be one in My hand." (Ezekiel 37:18-19)

Oh wait, I get it, you think that the Jewish state is Israel, right?

They fooled you. :rotfl:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Your understanding denies the sacrifice of Christ to end the sacrifices and oblations of the old covenant and denies the confirming of the covenant of the Fathers by Christ for 3.5 years, which he will again do for the 3.5 years described in Daniel ch 12 and the book of Revelation.

LA

No it doesn't.
I don't deny the final once and for all sacrifice of Christ.
But Israel does, therefore if they succeed in building a third temple, they'll do it in their blindness..... not mine.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, a tiny part compared to the other tribes.

Good point, But what happened to the whole house of Judah that Christ will join to Israel.

"And when the children of your people speak to you, saying, 'Will you not show us what you mean by these?'— say to them, 'Thus says the Lord God: Surely I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim and the tribes of Israel his companions, and I will join them with it, with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick and they will be one in My hand." (Ezekiel 37:18-19)

Oh wait, I get it, you think that the Jewish state is Israel, right?

They fooled you. :rotfl:

No, not the final remnant.

What? You been reading 'The Thirteenth Tribe' plus Armstrongian British Israelism?

They fooled you.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
What? You been reading 'The Thirteenth Tribe' plus Armstrongian British Israelism?

You've never read Genesis 49 have you?

Genesis 49 was written several years before Armstrong or J.H. Allen came on the scene.

"Reuben, you are my firstborn"
"Simeon and Levi are brothers"
"The scepter shall not depart from Judah"
"Zebulun shall dwell by the haven of the sea"
"Issachar is a strong donkey"
"Dan shall judge his people"
"Gad, a troop shall tramp upon him"
"Bread from Asher shall be rich"
"Naphtali is a deer let loose"
"Joseph is a fruitful bough"
"Benjamin is a ravenous wolf"

"All these are the twelve tribes of Israel" (Genesis 49:28)

Jacob said to Joseph, "Moreover I have given to you one portion above your brothers" (Genesis 48:22)

How many portions does that make?

These are quotes from Genesis, not Allen or Armstrong.

Neither Allen or Armstrong wrote Genesis.