Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Everybody's thinking....

"Not keeping score in young kids' sports for the sake of not wanting to upset them is stupid!"

"Why are all these kids getting trophies including the losers? Now they get to grow up thinking their entitled to everything."

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Everybody's thinking.....

"I know this is just Wal-Mart but you're still in public. Now go home, change outta your pajamas and PUT SOME FREAKIN' CLOTHES ON!!"

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Everybody's thinking...

"No, I don't mind that you've been going the same speed in the passing lane as the car next to you for the last 10 minutes. I could have been to my destination by now if I could used the passing lane for what it was intended but instead, I'm still right behind you because after all, it is all about you, sweetie!"

Jose Fly

"Not keeping score in young kids' sports for the sake of not wanting to upset them is stupid!"

With really young kids, like 4-5 years old, it doesn't really matter. They're just having fun. But it's not long before they start keeping score themselves, whether the adults do or not.

"Why are all these kids getting trophies including the losers? Now they get to grow up thinking their entitled to everything."

In my experience, as the kids get older they realize those "participant trophies" are meaningless and eventually get put away, while the actual earned trophies are the ones they keep/display.

Buzzword

I'm thinking:

STOP MISUSING APOSTROPHES ALREADY!
IT TAKES MORE EFFORT TO USE THEM INCORRECTLY THAN TO AVOID USING THEM ENTIRELY!

john w

Hall of Fame
Things Women Are Thinking But They Don't Want's To Say:

"Dear Diary, I met this cool, charismatic, handsome, brilliant, and humble guy on TOL recently, named the great, humble, saint John W. I really dig him, and I hope he likes me. But I can't tell anyone, cuz boys have coodies...."

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Things Women Are Thinking But They Don't Want's To Say:

"Dear Diary, I met this cool, charismatic, handsome, brilliant, and humble guy on TOL recently, named the great, humble, saint John W. I really dig him, and I hope he likes me. But I can't tell anyone, cuz boys have coodies...."

You do realize that Tolly is just a goat, right?

;)

genuineoriginal

image.php

Hi! :wave2: I am Tolly, the TOL mascot. I am also a goat (in case you hadn't noticed). I will be here on TOL to answer questions, biblical, political, or other in a extremely straighforward and furry way. It is not my intention to debate, carry on long winded conversations or eat pant legs (well... not much). I sleep a good part of my life so please be patient with me. I can be a bit grumpy so don't make me kick you.

shagster01

Everybody's thinking....

I say those things. :idunno: