There is no Hell

CherubRam

Please, quote the OT where I can read that the Tanach teaches about resurrection. Then, why would HaShem resurrect the dead to further judgment if HaShem is not a God of the dead but of the living only?(Mark 12:27)

Genesis 18:25
Far be it from you to do such a thing—to kill the righteous with the wicked, treating the righteous and the wicked alike. Far be it from you! Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?”

Ecclesiastes 3:17
I said to myself, “God will bring into judgment both the righteous and the wicked, for there will be a time for every activity, a time to judge every deed.”

Job 27:8
For what hope have the godless when they are cut off, when God takes away their life?

Some New testament verses to consider.

Matthew 25:41
“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
The word "fire" is often used to mean "judgment."

Matthew 10:15
Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.

Matthew 11:22
But I tell you, it will be more bearable for Tyre and Sidon on the day of judgment than for you.

Matthew 11:24
But I tell you that it will be more bearable for Sodom on the day of judgment than for you.”

Matthew 12:36
But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken.

2 Peter 2:9
if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.

2 Peter 3:7
By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

CherubRam

Matthew 10:28
And do not fear them which can kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in [hell / Gehenna.]

Matthew 25:32
All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.

Revelation 20:5
(The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection.

Revelation 20:6
Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

Revelation 20:14
Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.

Revelation 20:15
Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

CherubRam

I would agree with you if the text was spoken literally. Then, it couldn't have come from a Jew, but Jesus spoke in a parabolic sense. In a parable, the symbols don't go according to the letter but they point to spiritual archetypes that have nothing to do with the letter. In Luke 16:31 the point is the Law of Moses as a permanent Biblical truth.

Parable or not, it does not agree with scriptures.

Ben Masada

Genesis 18:25
Far be it from you to do such a thing—to kill the righteous with the wicked, treating the righteous and the wicked alike. Far be it from you! Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?”

Ecclesiastes 3:17
I said to myself, “God will bring into judgment both the righteous and the wicked, for there will be a time for every activity, a time to judge every deed.”

Job 27:8
For what hope have the godless when they are cut off, when God takes away their life?

Some New testament verses to consider.

Matthew 25:41
“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
The word "fire" is often used to mean "judgment."

Matthew 10:15
Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.

Matthew 11:22
But I tell you, it will be more bearable for Tyre and Sidon on the day of judgment than for you.

Matthew 11:24
But I tell you that it will be more bearable for Sodom on the day of judgment than for you.”

Matthew 12:36
But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken.

2 Peter 2:9
if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.

2 Peter 3:7
By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

Rather the opposite is true for the first three quotations from the Tanach. Nothing absolutely about bodily resurrection. The day of judgment means when man's end-of-life arrives or when a criminal comes to the end of his or her career and is arrested for the rest of his or her life or condemned by a death sentence. There is no judgment day waiting for one after his or her death. The Lord is not a God of the dead but of the living only. (Mark 12:27; Isa.38:17-19)

CherubRam

Rather the opposite is true for the first three quotations from the Tanach. Nothing absolutely about bodily resurrection. The day of judgment means when man's end-of-life arrives or when a criminal comes to the end of his or her career and is arrested for the rest of his or her life or condemned by a death sentence. There is no judgment day waiting for one after his or her death. The Lord is not a God of the dead but of the living only. (Mark 12:27; Isa.38:17-19)

In order to judge the wicked there must be a resurrection for the condemned. Both, the righteous and the wicked are judged in the last resurrection. If the wicked are not resurrected, then they are not called into account for their actions. There is a difference between dying of natural cause and God taking away their life. There is indeed a biblical Judgement. Those who receive life immortal go to live with the God of the living.

False Prophet

The rich man died and he went to hades. Looking up he saw the poor beggar in Abraham's bosom. "I am in torment in this blazing fire." so give me a drop of water to cool my tongue, "No deal," said the poor beggar.

Ben Masada

In order to judge the wicked there must be a resurrection for the condemned. Both, the righteous and the wicked are judged in the last resurrection. If the wicked are not resurrected, then they are not called into account for their actions. There is a difference between dying of natural cause and God taking away their life. There is indeed a biblical Judgement. Those who receive life immortal go to live with the God of the living.

Again, HaShem has nothing to do with the dead. Once dead, the relation with the Lord, if there was one, is canceled forever. God ceases to exist for the dead as pronto as one has breathed his last. (Isa. 38:17-19 and Mark 12:27)

Again, there is no bodily resurrection. The true resurrection according to the Scriptures Jesus used to refer to as the Word of God, is the resurrection from exile and back to the Land of Israel. (Ezek. 37:12) If you read Isa. 53:8,9, when Jews are forced into exile, it is as if they have been cut off from the Land of the Living and graves are assigned to them among the nations. One once physically dead, he or she has no longer any account to answer for. One once dead has nothing to do with the Lord any more. Why is it so hard to obey without the odious expectation of a reward?

No one will receive immortal life; neither the living nor the dead. To be inculcated with the idea of eternal life either before or after death as a reward for behaving well in life is no different from a treat promised do a dog to behave well. I am sorry if sometimes the truth must be packaged in a paper not so attractive. Otherwise,
ears seem to have a mind of their own not to listen.

Ben Masada

It is a corruption and does not belong in the New Testament. Only Pagan and Gnostic Jews believe in a Hell.

Well my friend, not a single Jew wrote a single book of the NT. Jews would not write against their own Faith which was Judaism. Evidence is that Paul was a former Jew that to write so much of the NT, he had to quit being a Jew to found Christianity. (Acts 11:26)

Ben Masada

The rich man died and he went to hades. Looking up he saw the poor beggar in Abraham's bosom. "I am in torment in this blazing fire." so give me a drop of water to cool my tongue, "No deal," said the poor beggar.

The truth of the fact is, that since it was a parable, the beggar was not doing the talking but Jesus himself. Then, following, the Richman asked that someone be sent to his father's house, to his brothers and warn them not to come to the same place, Abraham aka Jesus said that they had "Moses" aka the Law to obey in order to escape hell-fire. (Luke 16:29-31)

Aimiel

No one will receive immortal life; neither the living nor the dead. To be inculcated with the idea of eternal life either before or after death as a reward for behaving well in life is no different from a treat promised do a dog to behave well.
Jesus said otherwise. The fact that you don't believe him is your problem. Eternal life is not a reward for behavior it is what He gives us by grace through faith in his blood. It is not our faith but it is God's very faith that saves us. No one has anything to brag about except God.