The World God so Loved !

Nanja

The World of Jn 3:16 isnt all without exception, but its that world of people that He specifcally gave His Life for, the World of His Sheep. Notice about His Sheep He says Jn 10:11

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for[hyper] the sheep.

Again Jn 10:15

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for[hyper] the sheep.

The word for hyper means:

in behalf of, for the sake of

Now Jesus says of the World He so loved this Jn 6:51

I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for[hyper] the life of the world.

And notice this World that He gives His Life for, Life is applied to it Jn 6:33

For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

His Death applies Life unto the World He died for.

The same is said of the Sheep He died for Jn :10-11,28

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they[Sheep] might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

And I give unto them[Sheep] eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Do you see the correlation between the World and Sheep ? He gives His Life for the World Jn 6 same as for the Sheep Jn 10 and it results in Life Jn 6 for the world, as does for the Sheep in Jn 10
Hence He gives His Life exclusively for the World of His Sheep.

Last edited:

marke

The World of Jn 3:16 isnt all without exception, but its that world of people that He specifcally gave His Life for, the World of His Sheep. Notice about His Sheep He says Jn 10:11

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for[hyper] the sheep.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for[hyper] the sheep.

I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for[hyper] the life of the world.

For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they[Sheep] might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

And I give unto them[Sheep] eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Do you see the correlation between the World and Sheep ? He gives His Life for the World Jn 6 same as for the Sheep Jn 10 and it results in Life Jn 6 for the world, as does for the Sheep in Jn 10
Jesus died for the sins of the world so that He could save those who come to him seeking forgiveness. This was typified by the parable of the treasure in the field. It is not the field (which is the entire world of humans) but the treasure in the field Jesus had his sights set upon when He went to the cross.

Matthew 13:44
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

beloved57

Jesus died for the sins of the world so that He could save those who come to him seeking forgiveness. This was typified by the parable of the treasure in the field. It is not the field (which is the entire world of humans) but the treasure in the field Jesus had his sights set upon when He went to the cross.

Matthew 13:44
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.
Did you understand the post ? Lets discuss it. Tell me the points I made with scripture please .

Nanja

Amen Brother, hence He gives His Life exclusively for the World of His Sheep !

Last edited:

marke

Amen Brother, hence He gives His Life exclusively for the World of His Sheep !
My Bible says Jesus gave His life for the sheep. My Bible also says Jesus had to buy the field in order to take possession of the treasure in the field. That means God could not save anyone without providing a way for everyone to be forgiven if only they will accept God's requirements for forgiveness.

Nanja

If you used scripture, then why does someone else need to articulate your points?

Simply because the Gospel is hid to them that are lost!

2 Cor. 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,
lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Derf

Simply because the Gospel is hid to them that are lost!

2 Cor. 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,
lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
Of course the god of this world—Satan—doesn’t want the gospel to get out. That’s because it has the power to save, and being a murderer, Satan doesn’t want anyone to be saved and escape death. But you’re saying, along with our friend @beloved57, that those who believe the gospel are already saved, and those that aren’t have their minds blinded by the true God in heaven—meaning He wants their death. You’re not only attributing Satan’s works to God, but ascribing Satan’s murderous desires to God, too.

marke

The only people that the Lord Jesus Christ called His sheep were the people of Israel.
Sheep is not a generic name for believers or the "saved".
Jesus did give His life for the sheep. He also gave His life for Christians. He also gave His life for the lost.

beloved57

"His sheep" are Israel.

"Christians" is a vague term.

Only "the lost" need saved, so that makes sense. Don't you think?
His Sheep is Israel, just not ethnic israel, but Israel the Body of Christ, the Spiritual Family of Abraham composed of all ethnic groups !