The Wages of Sin is DEATH

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Both of those are the verb form. The verb is the bringing forth into action of the condition or state of being within oneself, which is the noun.
I may have misunderstood something. I thought you were saying that sin is never a verb. Are you saying that sin can be a verb?

Can you define 'sin'?
And what do you call the opposite of sin?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
the word sin is both noun and verb.

Why are you guys making such a big deal out of this simple word?

sheesh.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Nope. Wow, that was SOOOOOOO explicit. You have no clue. And you said nothing of the articular verus anarthrous, which is the real issue, along with the distinction between noun and verb, etc.

What. An. Idiot. You'd be better off still pretending to know without proving it outright by your own posts.

I'm a master of the English language, you take it Greek style - :rotfl:

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I may have misunderstood something. I thought you were saying that sin is never a verb. Are you saying that sin can be a verb?

Sin can be articular or anarthrous, singular or plural noun in any case, and sin can be a verb in any tense, mood, or voice. And sin can be hamartia/hamartiai or hamartema. The latter is the resulting acts of the verb. The former is what everyone presumes is the verb or the resulting acts OF the verb, whether regarding initial salvation or the ongoing Christian life.

Can you define 'sin'?

Sin is hamartia, a noun. It is from a- and -meros, with meros being "share/part" and a- being a negation of "no/not". Sin is the missing share or part. It's a noun, but it's a noun like a hole or pit or void is a noun. It's a "something-lessness". And in it's singular articular noun form, it is the missing share or part in us that is the void or our condition and state of being requiring inner resurrection.

And what do you call the opposite of sin?

Righteousness. The missing share/part that is the void is our lack of God communing His righteousness to us because of the spiritual death during our spiration into physical existence at conception.

Righteousness is God's standard for inner character for outer conduct. Without God communing His standard, we must rely on our own. So our condition and state of being is what is brought forth into action as the source of all our doing, whether benevolent or malevolent. Even the best works are sin, because they are our own standard elevated to accomplish what we self-determine as the standard for inward character and outward conduct.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I'm a master of the English language, you take it Greek style - :rotfl:

No. You're nowhere close to even being a master of the English language. And you have no idea what sin is, instead substituting a vague and nebulous concept of your own mind that is utterly fallacious.

You're a poser and a flatterer, and a mocker of truth.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
whatever,

Your big word debate is not impressive to me. I know many are impressed with your big words.

I'm never concerned with whether you or anyone else is or isn't impressed with me. All I care about is declaring the truth and destroying untruth.

One cannot be saved by one's works in trying to produce faith. Faith, though, will always result in works. You need to learn this and quit trying to earn your salvation. You never will.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I'm never concerned with whether you or anyone else is or isn't impressed with me. All I care about is declaring the truth and destroying untruth.

One cannot be saved by one's works in trying to produce faith. Faith, though, will always result in works. You need to learn this and quit trying to earn your salvation. You never will.

I don't earn. Jesus gives:)

BTW, your kind of "big word debaters" are abound in this site too. Famous one is Calvinists. Have you debated with them yet? You cannot beat them. They are thorough.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I don't earn. Jesus gives:)

BTW, your kind of "big word debaters" are abound in this site too. Famous one is Calvinists. Have you debated with them yet? You cannot beat them. They are thorough.

I think if you would learn to more effectively express what you're saying, others wouldn't think you're promoting salvation by works. It certainly seems so.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I think if you would learn to more effectively express what you're saying, others wouldn't think you're promoting salvation by works. It certainly seems so.

I emphasize on obedience to Jesus and most of them don't like it. So they tell me I am "work based salvation".

I claim everything based on what Jesus said.

In mainstream churches, they don't esteem Jesus' word much.