The "Types" Found in the OT

God's Truth

Thanks, Tambora!

This "type" certainly pictures the lifting up of the Lord Jesus at Calvary and here the truth emphasized is that His death is the remedy for the bite of sin. He took on the form of sin since He was "made sin for us" and those who merely looked upon Him in faith are saved--apart from any kind of works or obedience.

Surely one of the greatest "types" found in the Bible! Thanks!

Those who did not get to see the promised land, they died in the desert, even after being bit by snakes and looking to the bronze snake that Moses made.

Why did they die in the desert after all?

They died because they did not obey.

For the children of Israel walked forty years in the wilderness, till all the people that were men of war, who came out of Egypt, were consumed, because they obeyed not the voice of the LORD: unto whom the LORD swore that he would not show them the land, which the LORD swore unto their fathers that he would give us, a land that flows with milk and honey.

God's Truth

Here are types:

1 Corinthians 10 For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers and sisters, that our ancestors were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. 2 They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea. 3 They all ate the same spiritual food 4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ. 5 Nevertheless, God was not pleased with most of them; their bodies were scattered in the wilderness.

Jerry Shugart

This land?......

Colossians 3:5King James Version (KJV)
5*Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

No, this land:

"Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land...And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have...Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people"
(Ez.37:25-27).​

Do you think that prophecy has been fulfilled?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, this land:

"Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land...And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have...Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people"

Exactly.
We know what the promise of land was, and we know who the promise of land was made to.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Exactly.
We know what the promise of land was, and we know who the promise of land was made to.

And we know he and they ain't got it for an eternal possession......yet.

Act 7:2 And he said, Men, brethren, and fathers, hearken; The God of glory appeared unto our father Abraham, when he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Charran,
Act 7:3 And said unto him, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and come into the land which I shall shew thee.
Act 7:4 Then came he out of the land of the Chaldaeans, and dwelt in Charran: and from thence, when his father was dead, he removed him into this land, wherein ye now dwell.
Act 7:5 And he gave him none inheritance in it, no, not so much as to set his foot on: yet he promised that he would give it to him for a possession, and to his seed after him, when as yet he had no child.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Psalm 132:11
The LORD has sworn to David A truth from which He will not turn back: "Of the fruit of your body I will set upon your throne.

2Sa 3:10 To translate the kingdom from the house of Saul, and to set up the throne of David over Israel and over Judah, from Dan even to Beersheba.

Isa 16:5 And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.

Act 15:16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

Jerry Shugart

In the following passages we see a "type" of the Holy Spirit:

"And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations" (Rev.22:1-2).​

Ada R. Habershon writes the following about Revelation 22:1-2:

"'The river of God, which is full of water,' is throughout Scripture a beautiful type of the Holy Spirit, and has often been traced through Scripture...In the book of Revelation we see it proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb...there is a description of the trees growing on either side of this river; for whereever it goes the result is sure to be fruitfuless. Where the river flows now, there will be all manner of fruit all year round--the fruit of the Spirit, which is described in Gal. v.22,23" (Habershon, Study of the Types [Grand Rapids: Kregel Publications, 1957], p.153).​

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And we know he and they ain't got it for an eternal possession......yet.

Act 7:2 And he said, Men, brethren, and fathers, hearken; The God of glory appeared unto our father Abraham, when he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Charran,
Act 7:3 And said unto him, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and come into the land which I shall shew thee.
Act 7:4 Then came he out of the land of the Chaldaeans, and dwelt in Charran: and from thence, when his father was dead, he removed him into this land, wherein ye now dwell.
Act 7:5 And he gave him none inheritance in it, no, not so much as to set his foot on: yet he promised that he would give it to him for a possession, and to his seed after him, when as yet he had no child.
Yep. We know it because GOD does not go back on HIS oath.
His holy name is at stake.
He does not do it for their name sake, but for HIS name sake.

Before the nation split.

Psalms 106 KJV
(7) Our fathers understood not thy wonders in Egypt; they remembered not the multitude of thy mercies; but provoked him at the sea, even at the Red sea.
(8) Nevertheless he saved them for his name's sake, that he might make his mighty power to be known.

After the split.

Ezekiel 36:21-36 KJV
(21) But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went.
(22) Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.
(23) And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.
(24) For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
(25) Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
(26) A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
(27) And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
(28) And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.
(29) I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you.
(30) And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen.
(31) Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.
(32) Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.
(33) Thus saith the Lord GOD; In the day that I shall have cleansed you from all your iniquities I will also cause you to dwell in the cities, and the wastes shall be builded.
(34) And the desolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in the sight of all that passed by.
(35) And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inhabited.
(36) Then the heathen that are left round about you shall know that I the LORD build the ruined places, and plant that that was desolate:I the LORD have spoken it, and I will do it.

Deuteronomy 7:7 KJV
(7) The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:
(8) But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

God's Truth

"And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not? So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief" (Heb.3:18-19).​

The scripture explains that believing is about believing we have to OBEY.

I gave you scripture.

WHY. DO. YOU. IGNORE. WHAT. PAUL. SAYS?

Paul says they fell because they did not obey.

Paul brings together the old and new, the old and new that YOU TRY TO FOREVER SEPARATE.

What God has brought together---you tear apart.

Paul speaks about how the people IN THE OLD TESTAMENT TIMES are the same as US---people NEEDING TO BELIEVE AND OBEY God.

Paul brings together people, through Jesus.

Paul brings together old and new, through Jesus.

Paul brings together believe and obeying.

God's Truth

"And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not? So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief" (Heb.3:18-19).​

1 Corinthians 10 For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers and sisters, that our ancestors were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. 2 They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea. 3 They all ate the same spiritual food 4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ. 5 Nevertheless, God was not pleased with most of them; their bodies were scattered in the wilderness.

Jerry Shugart

1 Corinthians 10 Nevertheless, God was not pleased with most of them; their bodies were scattered in the wilderness.

Of course he was not pleased with many of them and they didn't enter because of unbelief. The same fate that awaits you.

WHY. DO. YOU. IGNORE. WHAT. PAUL. SAYS?

WHY. DO. YOU?

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).​

YOU. MUST. ENJOY. PLAYING. THE. FOOL!

God's Truth

Of course he was not pleased with many of them and they didn't enter because of unbelief. The same fate that awaits you.

They didn't believe AND obey God.

Do you really think that it is acceptable if people can believe and not obey?

Do you really think that kind of evil is justifiable evil?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
No, this land:

8None of the rulers of this age understood it. For if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

9Rather, as it is written: “- No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no heart has imagined, what God has prepared for those who love Him.”

10But God has revealed it to us by the Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.…

God's Truth

The obedience follows faith and salvation. You still have not been able to grasp this simple principle!

Why?

You entered not because of unbelief!

JUST because someone believes, it does NOT mean they will obey.

You say you believe, yet you preach against the truth, the truth that we have to obey.

God's Truth

How many of us know people who say they believe in God, but those people are no different than any other sinner.

How many of us used to believed in God, but did not feel any different, did not live any different, until they started to obey.

Jerry Shugart

But God has revealed it to us by the Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.…

What are you trying to say? That the LORD has revealed it to you that the following prophecy has already been fulfilled?

"Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land...And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have...Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people" (Ez.37:25-27).​

Jerry Shugart

JUST because someone believes, it does NOT mean they will obey.

You say you believe, yet you preach against the truth, the truth that we have to obey.

Please cease from mis-repesenting me. I never said that we are not to obey.

I said that faith and salvation comes first and then after that we are to obey.