The Son of God = God.....no question

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
I see that before he was conceived, Jesus was declared the divine logos before time began, in the introductory verses in John's Gospel.

I believe that asserting that Jesus was born of a virgin speaks to the importance of Jesus, not to the biology of Mary.

After all, Caesar Augustus was born of a virgin as well. And declared God, son of God and even Savior of the World. All great men in ancient history had miraculous beginnings.

To be blunt however, Jesus himself never refers to himself as divine or as the Messiah. Try as they might, none of the people is able to pin him down.

[I am bracketing the Gospel of John here, because that account is filled with theology and very little history. It is a mystical, Gnostic-tinged Jesus who seems 180 degrees away from the Galilean rabbi of Mark, Luke and Matthew.]
There isn't as much Gnosticism in the gospel as you think. Valentinian interpretation makes it look so. But John mocks Heraclitus's understanding of divine logoi. You can seen this in my sig.

keypurr

Yes I am.

The man on earth in a human body that is subject to the law of Moses, would struggle in a claim to be God to those who focus solely on his physical form. God is a Spirit, but Jesus was a physical man. To say that he is God, would be putting himself in a position of absolute authority in heaven, when he had actually humbled himself to come in human form. The people were judging Jesus from a physical perspective, even though the quality of his character transcended human nature. He reflected the glory of the Father through his conduct, and this was meant to bring people to a conclusion of faith regarding who he actually is. You are doing the opposite. You're using his humanity by focusing on it continually in order to try and show people who you think he isn't.

To see beyond the humanity of Jesus requires personal revelation from God to see beyond the flesh, and see the eternal nature of who he is. He is the image of the invisible God. Through Jesus' conduct, we see the nature of God acted out in a human body. And so the conclusion should be that he's not just human. He's not the son of another man, he's the Son of God. Same quality of being.

I do see beyond the human nature of Jesus, I see the spirit that speaks through him, the spirit that was at the creation, the spirit that became flesh by dwelling in him. Agree that he is not just another man, he is the son of the most high in two ways, the flesh AND the spirit. He is the shell for the seed. It is the seed that is the Lord. Jesus became the Christ when God anointed him with the spirit son from heaven. God at that time put the power of Christ into Jesus.

Jesus was much more than just a man, the Universe was created through the spirit he had in him. That spirit is the logos in John 1, not Jesus, the spirit that became flesh for men to see. That spirit is the true son of my God. I have had my personal revelation from my God, who do you think gave me these crazy ideas? God has blessed me friend, I waited almost seventy years of prayerful study before he opened my eyes to some of his words. I share it, folks do what they wish with it. Their decision.

I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ.

keypurr

Jesus placed himself in that position by becoming a man who is immediately subject to the mosaic law. The willing servant willingly humbled himself to this situation.

The Son made himself a servant on earth in order to make us sons in heaven. He humbled himself on earth in order to elevate us in heaven (Hebrews 2).

Amen, we agree

keypurr

Sometimes I wonder if the poor old guy just craves attention. :think:

Trust me, I get plenty of attention. My God has filled my life with caring people. My daughter pampers me daily, my grandson too. And I have a beautiful girlfriend who would move the world for me if she could. My life is very full glorydaz. I have nothing but Love all around me. I even have six cats that take their turns warming my lap.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Trust me, I get plenty of attention. My God has filled my life with caring people. My daughter pampers me daily, my grandson too. And I have a beautiful girlfriend who would move the world for me if she could. My life is very full glorydaz. I have nothing but Love all around me. I even have six cats that take their turns warming my lap.
Good for you friend.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus became the Christ when God anointed him with the spirit son from heaven. God at that time put the power of Christ into Jesus.

You seem to believe that Jesus was thirty years old before he received God's Spirit. Yet John who baptized Jesus had God's Spirit from birth.

Paul tells us in Ephesians 4:4 that there is one body and one Spirit. You say that one Spirit was Christ so what Spirit indwelt John from his birth?

Also it was God's Spirit that caused Mary to become pregnant. Do you believe Christ was the father of Jesus?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

I am genuinely pleased for you...truly

Beware of allowing such worldly delights [mebbe not wrong in themselves] from seeing your true position with God...besides all these comforts you need ME to snap you into reality

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Of course I made mistake, for being conceived in the virgin's womb is not what makes Jesus Christ God...for He is God. It makes Him God in human form.

keypurr

I am genuinely pleased for you...truly

Beware of allowing such worldly delights [mebbe not wrong in themselves] from seeing your true position with God...besides all these comforts you need ME to snap you into reality

My riches are not wealth friend, my riches can not bought.

The best things if life are free, your family and friends. The love that comes with the strength to overcome whatever life throws at you. I do not have things people can steal from me, I have lovr, comfort and peace of mind for the love of God rules my life and I try to share it with all in my life. I have always been a blue collar worker Totton.

RBBI

Where the carcase is, there are the vultures gathered together....

Please read the below passage. Note that which is in bold.

Also note that, the last Adam, which is the SEED CHRIST, was MADE a quickening (LIFE GIVING) Spirit. There is NOTHING in the flesh Adamic body of Yeshua that gives life, which is why He said, "Why callest thou me good? There is none good but the Father."

Yet it is this flesh body you are hanging onto and worshipping, just like the Israelites of old made an idol out of the brazen serpent on a pole, unable to SEE past it to WHO the healer was. God, knowing our nature because He created us, said for a reason, that what the Israelites went through was for our example.

Yeshua was the shell the Son of God came in, that the invisible might be visible. All seeds reproduce after their own kind, and His "kind" was the Father, who is SPIRIT. This in no way diminishes the flesh man's purpose or importance, but the Son of His loins, which is SPIRIT, HE came to show us the way to the Father.

And like the Israelites of old, as long as Moses (LITERAL FLESHLY EXAMPLE) is read (perceived), the veil stays upon our face (denotes nature), and HIS. We have to let the first temple fall, before He can establish the second. This is what happens when we are shown Him by the Father, as Peter was, and THIS REVEALING OF THE TRUE SON is what becomes the rock/cornerstone He builds upon.

1Cor 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: 43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: 44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body.

There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. 46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. 47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. 48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. 49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. 50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

I don't know how much plainer He can make it, than what He said above, but you have to let go of the traditions of carnally minded men. It is not possible to know HaShem intimately mentally, He must be revealed. The same is true of the Son. The first man is of the earth, and that includes the earthen vessel of Yeshua. The second man, is HEAVENLY or spiritual man.

Matthew 6:13 KJV 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Now note that the bolded words in both the Lord's prayer and 1Cor 15 are worded, almost identically, only in reverse order. Note also that the difference has to do with what is the definition of "kingdom" in the prayer, which is identified with it's counterpart in 1Cor 15 as being, A SPIRITUAL BODY.

In His infinite wisdom, He's had us praying for the truth of it, for over 2000 years. Thy KINGDOM come, Thy will be done, IN EARTH (-en vessels) as it is in heaven (Spirit of the Seed Son). What was His will in heaven/Christ? That a Seed should serve Him. So what then is His will in our earthen vessels?

Psa 22:30 A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

The generation that will serve Him (the Father) in our earth, is the same generation that was in heaven, which is the SEED. And the problem of why that is "difficult" to obtain, is the same now as it was here....

Gen 15:13 And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years;

As long as we "serve" (means to worship) the flesh man, we will continue to be afflicted (tribulum, a Greek word for a wheat threshing tool that removes the "chaff" from the wheat = flesh removed from the SEED).

The tribulation is NOW, for all those that choose to press in and see Hiim as HE IS, not as He was, because judgment begins in the house of the Lord.

Exo 4:23 And I say unto thee, Let my son go, that he may serve me: and if thou refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay thy son, even thy firstborn.

Exo 15:26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the
Egyptians:
for I am the LORD that healeth thee.

This is the promise of a glorified body that will not be subject to death, IF we obey Him, because it includes the curse of the death of the firstborn.

Please note that IF He does put all of the diseases of the Egyptians on us, that includes the death of the firstborn = first born of the FLESH.

Mat 16:25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Peace

Last edited:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
There isn't as much Gnosticism in the gospel as you think. Valentinian interpretation makes it look so. But John mocks Heraclitus's understanding of divine logoi. You can seen this in my sig.
I know that John has definite echoes and resonances of a Gnostic flavor, but you are correct in stating that it is certainly not fully Gnostic.

Thanks for the new information, though.

It is ironical to me that John would denounce Greek philosophy, yet generations later the early Christians would absorb the Greek idea that every human has an eternal soul inside the body.

keypurr

You seem to believe that Jesus was thirty years old before he received God's Spirit. Yet John who baptized Jesus had God's Spirit from birth.

Paul tells us in Ephesians 4:4 that there is one body and one Spirit. You say that one Spirit was Christ so what Spirit indwelt John from his birth?

Also it was God's Spirit that caused Mary to become pregnant. Do you believe Christ was the father of Jesus?

Why was sinless Jesus baptized? Even John questioned that.

He received the express image of God, the spirit son of the most high. He received the Holy Spirit AND POWER. Acts 10:38. The POWER is the express image, a created form of God yet not God. Jesus is the BODY prepared for Christ as mentioned in Heb 10:5. Christ is the logos in John 1, note I did not say Jesus, I said Christ.

keypurr

Where the carcase is, there are the vultures gathered together....

Please read the below passage. Note that which is in bold.

Also note that, the last Adam, which is the SEED CHRIST, was MADE a quickening (LIFE GIVING) Spirit. There is NOTHING in the flesh Adamic body of Yeshua that gives life, which is why He said, "Why callest thou me good? There is none good but the Father."

Yet it is this flesh body you are hanging onto and worshipping, just like the Israelites of old made an idol out of the brazen serpent on a pole, unable to SEE past it to WHO the healer was. God, knowing our nature because He created us, said for a reason, that what the Israelites went through was for our example.

Yeshua was the shell the Son of God came in, that the invisible might be visible. All seeds reproduce after their own kind, and His "kind" was the Father, who is SPIRIT. This in no way diminishes the flesh man's purpose or importance, but the Son of His loins, which is SPIRIT, HE came to show us the way to the Father.

And like the Israelites of old, as long as Moses (LITERAL FLESHLY EXAMPLE) is read (perceived), the veil stays upon our face (denotes nature), and HIS. We have to let the first temple fall, before He can establish the second. This is what happens when we are shown Him by the Father, as Peter was, and THIS REVEALING OF THE TRUE SON is what becomes the rock/cornerstone He builds upon.

1Cor 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: 43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: 44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body.

There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. 46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. 47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. 48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. 49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. 50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

I don't know how much plainer He can make it, than what He said above, but you have to let go of the traditions of carnally minded men. It is not possible to know HaShem intimately mentally, He must be revealed. The same is true of the Son. The first man is of the earth, and that includes the earthen vessel of Yeshua. The second man, is HEAVENLY or spiritual man.

Matthew 6:13 KJV 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Now note that the bolded words in both the Lord's prayer and 1Cor 15 are worded, almost identically, only in reverse order. Note also that the difference has to do with what is the definition of "kingdom" in the prayer, which is identified with it's counterpart in 1Cor 15 as being, A SPIRITUAL BODY.

In His infinite wisdom, He's had us praying for the truth of it, for over 2000 years. Thy KINGDOM come, Thy will be done, IN EARTH (-en vessels) as it is in heaven (Spirit of the Seed Son). What was His will in heaven/Christ? That a Seed should serve Him. So what then is His will in our earthen vessels?

Psa 22:30 A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

The generation that will serve Him (the Father) in our earth, is the same generation that was in heaven, which is the SEED. And the problem of why that is "difficult" to obtain, is the same now as it was here....

Gen 15:13 And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years;

As long as we "serve" (means to worship) the flesh man, we will continue to be afflicted (tribulum, a Greek word for a wheat threshing tool that removes the "chaff" from the wheat = flesh removed from the SEED).

The tribulation is NOW, for all those that choose to press in and see Hiim as HE IS, not as He was, because judgment begins in the house of the Lord.

Exo 4:23 And I say unto thee, Let my son go, that he may serve me: and if thou refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay thy son, even thy firstborn.

Exo 15:26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the
Egyptians:
for I am the LORD that healeth thee.

This is the promise of a glorified body that will not be subject to death, IF we obey Him, because it includes the curse of the death of the firstborn.

Please note that IF He does put all of the diseases of the Egyptians on us, that includes the death of the firstborn = first born of the FLESH.

Mat 16:25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Peace

Certainly a lot to ponder over in your post friend.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Why was sinless Jesus baptized? Even John questioned that.

He received the express image of God, the spirit son of the most high. He received the Holy Spirit AND POWER. Acts 10:38. The POWER is the express image, a created form of God yet not God. Jesus is the BODY prepared for Christ as mentioned in Heb 10:5. Christ is the logos in John 1, note I did not say Jesus, I said Christ.

Even you don't understand all this nonsense