The Simplicity of the Gospel / The Complicated Religions

God's Truth

The scripture says "While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" Romans 5:8.

Nothing about obeying Jesus first.

While we were sinners is about the Gentiles.

It is about the Gentiles not being circumcised and not having to get circumcised before being saved.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

Robert Pate

Banned
While we were sinners is about the Gentiles.

It is about the Gentiles not being circumcised and not having to get circumcised before being saved.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

The scripture says that we are justified by FAITH, nothing about obedience.

"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" Romans 5:1.

God's Truth

The scripture says that we are justified by FAITH, nothing about obedience.

"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" Romans 5:1.

Matthew 7:21
Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We have to obey everything that Jesus says.
No matter how many times you have been shown your lie, you continues to hold on to your lie.

Matthew 16:20 KJV
(20) Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

Luke 9:20-21 KJV
(20) He said unto them, But whom say ye that I am? Peter answering said, The Christ of God.
(21) And he straitly charged them, and commanded them to tell no man that thing;

God's Truth

No matter how many times you have been shown your lie, you continues to hold on to your lie.

Matthew 16:20 KJV
(20) Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

(20) He said unto them, But whom say ye that I am? Peter answering said, The Christ of God.
(21) And he straitly charged them, and commanded them to tell no man that thing;

They had to obey Jesus as he said.

We always have to obey Jesus.

That is not a lie it is the truth.

Robert Pate

Banned
Matthew 7:21
Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

The will of the Father is that you believe on his Son Jesus Christ.

The Holy Spirit is given to those who obey the Gospel, which you know nothing about.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The gospel is not, "Believe and do not obey."

The Gospel is;

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Risen Christ, Faith’s Reality
15 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

God's Truth

"They", yes.
"We", no.

What you say here is the lie you continually tell..

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

Don't you know what Jesus says to all and what he said to some at a time?

Where do I preach and teach that you can raise the dead?

Nowhere do I preach that.

...but did some do that? Some did that.

No matter what, we have to obey what Jesus says.

You are trying to get me to say otherwise is very telling.

We have to obey Jesus.

We have to obey everything that Jesus tells us to do.

You are bent on trying to make me say we do not have to obey Jesus.

Why are you bent on saying that?

Tell me, what do you say we have to believe and do that Jesus says?

IS there ANYTHING?

Do we have to obey anything?

Answer that why don't you?

God's Truth

If you study the whole counsel of God you will see that we have to obey everything that Jesus says.

Does Jesus say tell no one?

Keep reading if you think that is all he said.

Do you obey ANYTHING that Jesus says?

Tell me what you say we have to obey.

NOTHING? Prove it with scripture and stop calling me a liar.

Insults are not a defense for anything but falseness.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What do we have to obey?

Tell me that and entice me with the Truth.
As already shown .......

Here is the lie you repeatedly tell.

Here some of the "everything Jesus says":

Matthew 16:20 KJV​

Still a lie.

God's Truth

As already shown .......

Here is the lie you repeatedly tell.

Here some of the "everything Jesus says":

Matthew 16:20 KJV​

Still a lie.

Tell me what we have to obey.

God's Truth

Well it isn't EVERYTHING Jesus says, now is it?
No, it's not.
And you insist on repeating that same lie over and over and over, even when shown per scripture how wrong you are.

It will be a lie every time you say it.

Then tell me what I have to obey.

God's Truth

The Gospel is;

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Risen Christ, Faith’s Reality
15 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

So what do I have to do according to your beliefs?