The Simplicity of the Gospel / The Complicated Religions

Robert Pate

Banned
I am not talking about myself. I am talking about your judgments of another's confession of regenerated faith in Christ.

There is no scripture in the Bible about "Regenerated faith in Christ."

What the Bible does say is that, "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Which is the Gospel, Romans 10:17.

Eagles Wings

What the Bible does say is that, "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Which is the Gospel, Romans 10:17.
I believe rebirth by the Holy Spirit precedes faith. It is the order and decree of the Godhead that I see clearly in Scripture.

You and others believe faith comes by one's free will to believe.

I do not condemn for you for this, Robert, however, I do reject this notion.

Are you a true Christian because you believe you chose Christ? Perhaps and perhaps not. I do not know the state of your soul in God's mind.

Robert Pate

Banned
I believe rebirth by the Holy Spirit precedes faith. It is the order and decree of the Godhead that I see clearly in Scripture.

You and others believe faith comes by one's free will to believe.

I do not condemn for you for this, Robert, however, I do reject this notion.

Are you a true Christian because you believe you chose Christ? Perhaps and perhaps not. I do not know the state of your soul in God's mind.

I was convicted by the Holy Spirit of my need for Christ and I responded to the call.

beloved57

One must be of God to hear Gods words Jn 8:47

[FONT=&quot]He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.[/FONT]

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Robert Pate Ascends God's Throne

Robert Pate Ascends God's Throne

No, I am not God, but I have God's word and God's word says that we are justified by faith. That leaves out Calvinism and all other religions.
No, Robert, you are not God, but that has never prevented you from assuming His mantle and declaring what He has not revealed. Rather than having God's word, what you have is but lip-service to God's word, which you deny is inerrant, resulting in the following endorsement of religion despite your "all other religions" disclaimer:

All other religions, apparently Christianity notwithstanding, of course:

Christianity is a faith religion. We are called to believe things that cannot be believed by unbelievers. They are things of the Spirit that unbelievers do not have access to, 1 Corinthians 2:14. We spend alot of time on the forum trying to convince these people that are void of the Spirit things of the Spirit.

This frequent double-mindedness of yours likely accounts for the following summary of your many mistaken views regarding weighty matters of doctrine:

Robert Pate's often lifted up prayer?

“Lord, I thank thee that I am not like these poor, presumptuous Calvinists. Lord, I was born with a glorious free will; I was born with a power by which I can turn to thee of myself; I have improved my grace. If everybody had done the same with their grace as I have, they might all have been saved. Lord, I know that thou dost not make us willing if we are not willing ourselves… it was not thy grace that made us differ… I made use of what was given me, and others did not—that is the difference between me and them.”

Src: Spurgeon, Sermon on John 5:40 “Free Will a Slave” The New Park Street Pulpit, 1855- 1856, Volumes I & II (Pilgrim 1975), 395-402.

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...hey-Are-Born&p=4878382&viewfull=1#post4878382

Robert, someday you may realize that the machinations of your own mind are not nearly as unassailable as you might pretend.
:AMR:

AMR

Robert Pate

Banned
No, Robert, you are not God, but that has never prevented you from assuming His mantle and declaring what He has not revealed. Rather than having God's word, what you have is but lip-service to God's word, which you deny is inerrant, resulting in the following endorsement of religion despite your "all other religions" disclaimer:

All other religions, apparently Christianity notwithstanding, of course:

This frequent double-mindedness of yours likely accounts for the following summary of your many mistaken views regarding weighty matters of doctrine:

Robert Pate's often lifted up prayer?
[FONT=&]
“Lord, I thank thee that I am not like these poor, presumptuous Calvinists. Lord, I was born with a glorious free will; I was born with a power by which I can turn to thee of myself; I have improved my grace. If everybody had done the same with their grace as I have, they might all have been saved. Lord, I know that thou dost not make us willing if we are not willing ourselves… it was not thy grace that made us differ… I made use of what was given me, and others did not—that is the difference between me and them.”[/FONT]​
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]Src: Spurgeon, Sermon on John 5:40 “Free Will a Slave” The New Park Street Pulpit, 1855- 1856, Volumes I & II (Pilgrim 1975), 395-402.
[/FONT]​

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...hey-Are-Born&p=4878382&viewfull=1#post4878382

Robert, someday you may realize that the machinations of your own mind are not nearly as unassailable as you might pretend.
:AMR:

AMR

Wake up Mr Religion. God has ALREADY reconciled you and the world unto himself by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

No need for anyone to be predestinated, God has provided salvation for everyone by Jesus Christ, Hebrews 2:9. All that you have to do to be saved is to accept God's great free gift of salvation, "The free GIFT came upon ALL MEN unto justification of life" Romans 5:18. Notice that it said ALL MEN and not just some men.

musterion

I believe rebirth by the Holy Spirit precedes faith.

If no one can believe without God's enabling, and if the only reason you should believe is because God gave you the faith to do it, then the only reason unbelievers don't believe is because God didn't give them faith.

So explain how a just God can condemn people specifically for refusing to believe, when He chose to withhold faith from them.

Eagles Wings

If no one can believe without God's enabling, and if the only reason you should believe is because God gave you the faith to do it, then the only reason unbelievers don't believe is because God didn't give them faith.

So explain how a just God can condemn people specifically for refusing to believe, when He chose to withhold faith from them.
This is not complicated.

God acts in the life of His own. He calls, they answer. He is sovereign and mighty and none will deny Him when He invites the soul to come to Him.

Because God is just, He and He alone chooses those who will come to Him. It is all up to Him. I have no problem with this, knowing how totally incapable man is to believe in Christ without the Holy Spirit of Christ giving them life.

Robert Pate

Banned
This is not complicated.

God acts in the life of His own. He calls, they answer. He is sovereign and mighty and none will deny Him when He invites the soul to come to Him.

Because God is just, He and He alone chooses those who will come to Him. It is all up to Him. I have no problem with this, knowing how totally incapable man is to believe in Christ without the Holy Spirit of Christ giving them life.

If God predestinated one person to heaven or the hell he would be unjust.

You should have a problem with this. It is not humanly possible for anyone to have saving faith in a God that prefdestinates billions to hell before they are born. Nor is it possible to have faith in a Christ that does not atone for the sins of the whole world. You have some serious issues.

musterion

This is not complicated.

You did not answer the question. You're a liar.

Nanja

God does whatever He Pleases!

Job 23:13-14
13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.
14 For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.

beloved57

God does whatever He Pleases!

Job 23:13-14
13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.
14 For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.

Those heathens dont believe that My Sister !