The Shocking Pagan Origin of CHRISTMAS!

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Bs"d

Exactly; what is it that GOD thinks about it?

"And Y-H-W-H spoke to Moses, saying, 2 “Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: ‘The feasts of Y-H-W-H, which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations, these are My feasts.
3 ‘Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, a holy convocation. You shall do no work on it; it is the Sabbath of Y-H-W-H in all your dwellings.
4 ‘These are the feasts of Y-H-W-H, holy convocations which you shall proclaim at their appointed times. 5 On the fourteenth day of the first month at twilight is Y-H-W-H’s Passover. 6 And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the Feast of Unleavened Bread to Y-H-W-H; seven days you must eat unleavened bread. 7 On the first day you shall have a holy convocation; you shall do no customary work on it. 8 But you shall offer an offering made by fire to Y-H-W-H for seven days. The seventh day shall be a holy convocation; you shall do no customary work on it.’”
Lev 23

So THOSE are the feasts of Y-H-W-H.

As you can see, Christmas is not one of 'm.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever.".

Micah 4:5

You must be very hungry if you call those feasts. They are more like famines. Does your god know that you are starving? Maybe he is at the sleep feast and doesn't know?

genuineoriginal

You must be very hungry if you call those feasts. They are more like famines. Does your god know that you are starving? Maybe he is at the sleep feast and doesn't know?

"Feast" is merely the English translation of מוֹעֵד mow`ed, which is more accurately translated as "appointed times".

The "Feasts of the LORD", (appointed times of the LORD) include Yom Kippur, a day of fasting, which proves that "feast" is a lousy translation in the KJV.

Elia

ELIA , DO NOT WASTE YOUR BREATH ON THESE STUBBORN PAGANS.

I have been telling them this for years and they will not Repent until

JESUS, The Messiah, gets here circa 2025 AD.

Revelation 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them,

and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another;

because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

Bs"d

I just can't wrap my head around it; why would anybody choose paganism when he can also choose the holy days of God?? :confused::confused::confused:

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever.".

Elia

ANY day becomes pagan IF you worship false gods. As a contrast: the Lord Jesus Christ is LORD over all days.

Bs"d

Is he now?

Well, for instance, about the shabbat it is written: "Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished. 2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made."
Gen 2

Anybody know any other days that are blessed and sanctified by God?

Sunday maybe? Christmas?

It looks like not all days are created equal.

So you can choose, the days which God set aside for His festivals, or the days set aside by pagans for their festivals.

"Choose life; so that you will live, you and your offspring, to love Y-H-W-H your God, to listen to His voice and to cleave to Him, for He is your life and the length of your days, to dwell upon the land that Y-H-W-H swore to your forefathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.”
Deut. 30:19-20

dialm

BANNED
Banned
"Feast" is merely the English translation of מוֹעֵד mow`ed, which is more accurately translated as "appointed times".

The "Feasts of the LORD", (appointed times of the LORD) include Yom Kippur, a day of fasting, which proves that "feast" is a lousy translation in the KJV.

Oh.

Well I think ela is right because the nation already had its appointed time.

It should be feast.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
So you can choose, the days which God set aside for His festivals, or the days set aside by pagans for their festivals.

Elia, do you not know that the statutes and judgments which include God's festivals were given to Israel and were for Israel?

God's law for Israel ended with John, why do you want to foist obsolete statutes and judgments onto Gentiles?

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Elia, do you not know that the statutes and judgments which include God's festivals were given to Israel and were for Israel?

God's law for Israel ended with John, why do you want to foist obsolete statutes and judgments onto Gentiles?

Still like your dog.

You might be missing the point.?.

The point is that Pope Gregory out classed Moses on the holiday issue.

Ela can't accept defeat. That is all this thread is about.

Say what is your dog's name?

dialm

BANNED
Banned
I haven't posted a picture of my dog, but his name is Harry. My dog is a rescue dog and that was his name when I got him.

Here's Harry.

Thanks jamie. My daughter is part of the local greyhound rescue group. She has two, Apple and Drake. She also has two miniature poodles. I love dogs. That musterion has a cat named Wierdo. It is not a very nice name but the cat looks to be a good one. My friend just had her cat put down. His name was Baby. He was 13. Just couldn't go on.

Good bye jamie

Elia

God's law for Israel ended with John,

Bs"d

No they did not. In case of doubt read Matthew 5:17-19.

why do you want to foist obsolete statutes

They are not obsolete, they are forever.

and judgments onto Gentiles?

If you have complaints about that, speak to The Boss:

"16 And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, Y-H-W-H of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. 17 And it shall be that whichever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, Y-H-W-H of hosts, on them there will be no rain. 18 If the family of Egypt will not come up and enter in, they shall have no rain; they shall receive the plague with which Y-H-W-H strikes the nations who do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. 19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles."
Zech 14

Last edited:

RBBI

Bs"d

I just can't wrap my head around it; why would anybody choose paganism when he can also choose the holy days of God?? :confused::confused::confused:

Just off the top of my head, I can think of a few reasons.....

1)Traditions of men die hard
2)They've had 2000+ years of anti-Semitic rhetoric from the boasting branch's leaders
3)Self-imposed ignorance
4)Idolatry is as STUBBORNESS

Apple7

Bs"d

The Shocking Pagan Origin of CHRISTMAS!

What is the TRUE ORIGIN of Christmas? Where did it come from? Did you know Yeshua the Messiah was born nowhere NEAR December 25, but that was the "birth day" of the sun- god, "Sol Invictus" or "Mithras"? Did you know December 25 was the concluding day of the pagan winter festival called the "Saturnalia"? Where did "Santa Claus" come from? The "Christmas tree"? How did this pagan feast become connected with "Christianity"? Here is an amazing "whale of a tale"!

We celebrate our God and Savior, Jesus Christ, on this date.

You, as a Jew, missed the boat, and are still waiting for your Messiah to come.

He has already come for us.

Now....

Go pray to your wall...:chuckle:

Elia

ANY day becomes pagan IF you worship false gods. As a contrast: the Lord Jesus Christ is LORD over all days.

Speci030.gif

Bs"d

So that is your king.

My king is Y-H-W-H.

"Y-H-W-H is King forever and ever"
Psalm 10:16

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Christmas as people know it today is new. It never really was centered around Christianity- even when it was officially changed to 'Christmas'.
That was largely an appropriation so that there would still be intact image of what general society holds sacred.

There was even a time when Christmas was considered being banned because it caused problems such as people getting slammed and causing trouble.

brewmama

Christmas as people know it today is new. It never really was centered around Christianity- even when it was officially changed to 'Christmas'.
That was largely an appropriation so that there would still be intact image of what general society holds sacred.

There was even a time when Christmas was considered being banned because it caused problems such as people getting slammed and causing trouble.

So you're ignoring all the historical evidence we've posted to the contrary?

As for being banned, are you referring to the Puritans, or something else?

deblldo

hi all,
I dont often post but feel like i must say somthing here as i never quite know where certain people "draw the line" on these so called pagan traditions and festivals.
I have read here and done my own research on the origins of christmas and all its symbology . (for the record i will state that i do indeed celebrate christmas) but my question is if christmas should not be acknowledged by christians what about the marraige ceremony? everything about that is steeped in so called paganism? how about birthdays? even simple things like sending flowers to a loved one or placing them on a grave ? again certain flowers are said to be a symbol of certain things.
my point is that so many things in this world dont directly come from christianity, however i dont think we can truly avoid all of it. we must use common sense . the bible says we are in this world bu dont have to be a part of it. having tinsel and lights in my home means i think they are pretty and remind me of jesus , it doesnt mean im worshipping them .

ClimateSanity

Bs"d

So that is your king.

My king is Y-H-W-H.

"Y-H-W-H is King forever and ever"
Psalm 10:16

Jesus is Yahweh come in the flesh