The Reception of the Holy Spirit

God's Truth

Abraham, Job, King David, Jonah, Isaiah, all of the Old Testament prophets and patriarchs.

You must be spiritually blind not to see that.

YOU must be spiritually blind to say that those men were saved and did not obey.

You bring up Abraham. This is what the scriptures say about the obedience of Abraham:

Genesis 26:4-5 I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because Abraham obeyed me and kept my requirements, my commands, my decrees and my laws."

You bring up Job as one who did not obey:

Job 1:1 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

You bring up David as one who did not obey:

1 Kings 15:5 For David had done what was right in the eyes of the LORD and had not failed to keep any of the LORD's commands all the days of his life--except in the case of Uriah the Hittite.

You bring up Jonah as one who did not obey:

Jonah was saved by the fish throwing him up after Jonah prayed and fasted, and even Nineveh was saved after praying and fasting. How did you ever think you could prove me wrong from preaching obedience to Christ?

Don't you know what Isaiah says about sin, confession, and redemption?

I can hardly believe that you preach no one can obey God until after they are saved. You are badly mistaken not knowing God or the scriptures.

beloved57

It does matter, because Jesus says to do what he the Way says.

Jesus way is that He makes those He died for righteous by His Obedience Rom 5:19 ! You deny this and want to get to God your way so you can boast ! Its all about you, not Christ !

beloved57

YOU must be spiritually blind to say that those men were saved and did not obey.

You bring up Abraham. This is what the scriptures say about the obedience of Abraham:

Genesis 26:4-5 I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because Abraham obeyed me and kept my requirements, my commands, my decrees and my laws."

You bring up Job as one who did not obey:

Job 1:1 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

You bring up David as one who did not obey:

1 Kings 15:5 For David had done what was right in the eyes of the LORD and had not failed to keep any of the LORD's commands all the days of his life--except in the case of Uriah the Hittite.

You bring up Jonah as one who did not obey:

Jonah was saved by the fish throwing him up after Jonah prayed and fasted, and even Nineveh was saved after praying and fasting. How did you ever think you could prove me wrong from preaching obedience to Christ?

Don't you know what Isaiah says about sin, confession, and redemption?

I can hardly believe that you preach no one can obey God until after they are saved. You are badly mistaken not knowing God or the scriptures.

Christ obeyed and made righteous the many Rom 5:19!

popsthebuilder

U don't follow Him if you deny that His Death alone saved/made Righteous them He lived and died for Rom 5:19!
I follow the teachings, example, and self sacrifice of the Christ and believe in every bit of it. I also believe in the resurrection, and the second coming. Real belief is effectual and it has effected me to the utmost. So how do I not follow the Christ exactly?

I understand the Christ to be the way to GOD and I don't make His self sacrifice or teachings in vain by not changing or not believing and following.

You say I don't follow the Christ because I don't think he completed what He was tasked with. But please...justify your claim. By striving to keep the commands of GOD in remembrance and allowing these things to affect the direction of my own actions is not following the Christ how?

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

Robert Pate

Banned
Christ obeyed and made righteous the many Rom 5:19!

If you believed Romans 5:19 then you would have to believe Romans 5:18 that says, "The free gift came upon ALL MEN unto justification of life" You nit pick the Bible to try and prove your false doctrine. We are all on to you and your deceptive ways.

Robert Pate

Banned
There is only one way to receive the Holy Spirit and that is by hearing and believing the Gospel of Jesus Christ, Galatians 3:2 also Romans 10:17.

Calvinist don't believe that. They believe that they are zapped with the Holy Spirit, but they don't know when or how.

Catholics believe that those who do good works receive the Holy Spirit, but again they don't know when or how.

Paul makes it clear that the Holy Spirit is given to those who believe the Gospel.

"Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith?" (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

On the day of Pentecost Peter preached the Gospel and 8000 Jews heard and believed the Gospel and received the Holy Spirit, Acts 2:38.

Robert Pate

Banned
Did John who baptized Jesus hear and believe the gospel of Jesus Christ before receiving the Holy Spirit?

John the Baptist was like an Old Testament prophet. He believed God and had faith in God's promise of a savior. He was justified by faith.

John was chosen by God to introduce Jesus to the world, Matthew 3:1-17.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
John the Baptist was like an Old Testament prophet. He believed God and had faith in God's promise of a savior. He was justified by faith.

Actually, John had the Holy Spirit from birth.

Luke 1:15-16 For he will be great in the sight of the Lord and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink. He will also be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother’s womb. And he will turn many of the children of Israel to the Lord their God.​

Robert Pate

Banned
Actually, John had the Holy Spirit from birth.

Luke 1:15-16 For he will be great in the sight of the Lord and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink. He will also be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother’s womb. And he will turn many of the children of Israel to the Lord their God.​

Right, Now tell me something that I don't know.

Robert Pate

Banned
You said, "There is only one way to receive the Holy Spirit and that is by hearing and believing the Gospel of Jesus Christ."

That's not true is it?

If you are chosen by God to be a prophet then you are probably born with the holy Spirit like John.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
If you are chosen by God to be a prophet then you are probably born with the holy Spirit like John.

Do you believe there were prophets before John?

Or do you believe there is only one way to receive the Holy Spirit and that is by hearing and believing the Gospel of Jesus Christ?