The Reception of the Holy Spirit

beloved57

What are you confused about?

When the Holy Spirit came into the world on the day of Pentecost it was a new manifestation of the Holy Spirit because it was about the Gospel.

A Gospel you dont believe since you believe sinners Christ died for, and reconciled to God Rom 5:10 still wind up in hell !

Robert Pate

Banned
One can here the gospel and receive the Holy Spirit in any way God sees fit. It doesn't have to be the hearing of words spoken from the lips of men, or even those words read from scripture....technically.

Are you really trying to say that Calvinists of any sort haven't heard the Holy Spirit because they haven't believed the gospel?

And if so, what is the gospel which you insist they have yet to hear and believe?

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

What is the Gospel?

The Gospel is that work that Jesus did in our name and on our behalf that justifies us, Romans 3:26.

In our name and on our behalf Jesus fulfilled every jot and tittle of God's holy law, Matthew 5:18.

That was not enough, something had to be done about our sin.

"For he has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him' 2 Corinthians 5:21.

Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus we can stand before God in the judgment as justified.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus we can stand before God in the judgment as justified.

Jesus died for everyone, does that mean everyone is justified if they do nothing more than call on the name of the Lord.

I remember boys in high school calling on the name of the Lord, only they inserted an "h" in the name.

Is that okay? Were they saved?

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus died for everyone, does that mean everyone is justified if they do nothing more than call on the name of the Lord.

I remember boys in high school calling on the name of the Lord, only they inserted an "h" in the name.

All who call upon the name of the Lord to be saved, will be saved. But only if they believe that Jesus can save them. Calling on the name of the Lord is an act of faith. If you don't believe that he can save you, save your breath.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Stupid question jamie - you're better than that

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
All who call upon the name of the Lord to be saved, will be saved. But only...

But only. But only what?

Did you say, "Its over, its finished, so that now those who do nothing more than call on the Lord shall be saved "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13"?

Was that you who made such a foolish comment?

Yeah, I think it was.

Just who are you trying to kid?

beloved57

All who call upon the name of the Lord to be saved, will be saved. But only if they believe that Jesus can save them. Calling on the name of the Lord is an act of faith. If you don't believe that he can save you, save your breath.

Teaching Salvation by works, by what a person does !

Those Christ died for are saved by His death while they are enemies Rom 5:10 !

beloved57

jamie

Jesus died for everyone,

Not the Jesus in scripture, He laid down His Life for His Sheep Jn 10:15

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The sheep are those that believe in him. Which leaves you out.

Yes, but according to your theory all I have to do is call on the name of the Lord and do nothing more to be saved.

I think "open sesame" also works. Have you tried that one?

:ha:

Robert Pate

Banned
Yes, but according to your theory all I have to do is call on the name of the Lord and do nothing more to be saved.

I think "open sesame" also works. Have you tried that one?

:ha:

I think that the Gospel is to simple for you. You apparently want to do something to be saved. Maybe you should join the Catholic church. You could go take mass everyday and save yourself.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You apparently want to do something to be saved.

Salvation is by grace through faith. Someday you might catch on to that.

The issue is why we are being saved, that's the part you don't know.

And no, Christ hasn't done it all for us. If he had we wouldn't need the Holy Spirit.

beloved57

I think that the Gospel is to simple for you. You apparently want to do something to be saved. Maybe you should join the Catholic church. You could go take mass everyday and save yourself.

You teach that salvation is conditioned upon the will of man, you teach that people Christ died for are going to perish in their sins anyways!

Robert Pate

Banned
Salvation is by grace through faith. Someday you might catch on to that.

The issue is why we are being saved, that's the part you don't know.

And no, Christ hasn't done it all for us. If he had we wouldn't need the Holy Spirit.

Yes, Christ has done it all and he did it perfectly, Colossians 2:10.