The quick and gritty Gospel in 12 words.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
We mess up. God doesn't. Place all of your faith in God.

edited...

We mess up. God doesn't. Place all of your faith in Jesus.

Revision 3

We Fail. God died in our place. Jesus is God. Now Believe!

Additional core doctrine...

1 Cor. 14:3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

It is now essential to expand the verbiage past 12 words.

Now it's at 44 words.

We Fail. God Died in our place. Jesus is God. Our flesh Died on the Cross with Him, and is now buried... His Resurrection is a promise of our redemption and His literal presence in our Hearts that seals us to Him.

Last edited:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Yes, that is the major hurdle for seeking and finding. A bit of study does help. Here is one subject: what is a burnt offering?

Excellent question! My personal understanding, from scripture, is that a "burnt offering" is above all things an offering that is "accepted" by God. The true meaning of a "burnt offering" is that God sent the, or kindled the fire... in Will... and this symbolized that the offering "Pleased God".

One of the coolest examples of it is found in ...

1 Kings 18

38 Then the fire of the Lord fell and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood and the stones and the dust, and it licked up the water that was in the trench. 39 Now when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces; and they said, “The Lord, He is God! The Lord, He is God!”

40 And Elijah said to them, “Seize the prophets of Baal! Do not let one of them escape!” So they seized them; and Elijah brought them down to the Brook Kishon and executed them there.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
There's not an unsaved religious theist on the planet who would disagree with that.

God has a "plan" for the theists that deny it and teach others to deny it as well. I believe 1 Kings 18 displays it very clearly.

40 And Elijah said to them, “Seize the prophets of Baal! Do not let one of them escape!” So they seized them; and Elijah brought them down to the Brook Kishon and executed them there.​

:thumb:

I also changed one word. How about now?

musterion

Paul got much closer in five words.

"Christ died for our sins."

But there again, even Catholics believe that so it's dangerous to try to reduce the saving gospel down to as few words as possible.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Paul got much closer in five words.

"Christ died for our sins."

But there again, even Catholics believe that so it's dangerous to try to reduce the saving gospel down to as few words as possible.

Amen...

How's this?

"We Fail. God died in our place. Jesus is God. Now Believe!"

And... What is it missing? You caught on... this is an essential doctrine thread.

Truster

It might help if you drop the word gospel and use the correct term, evangelism. If gospel were a correct translation then we would have gospelists instead of evangelists.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
It might help if you drop the word gospel and use the correct term, evangelism. If gospel were a correct translation then we would have gospelists instead of evangelists.

If you answer "one" question to my satisfaction and affirm that you believe it with all of your heart, mind and soul... I will take your correction.

What does Eph. 2:8f mean?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Closer...but I still got a bad feeling about the attempt. 1 Cor 15:3-4 in light of a few others is what I tell people. Why? That's what Paul did.

I trust the "Spirit" within you. What additions would take away your bad feelings? Let's open the OP up to be as succinct as possible, but contain essential doctrine for salvation and a proper transmission of the "Good News".

Suggestions?

Last edited:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I don't just know Eph 2:8f to be true. It describes my experience of salvation.

Allow me to try again...

To me... Eph. 2:8f means... Jesus paid my life debt in full and salvation is an absolutely free gift to me, though it cost God "Everything"... and nothing I do (Good or Bad), with the "indwelling" Spirit of Christ (Rm. 8:9 Holy Spirit Eph. 1:13) within me... can take that "gift" away from me ... it utterly depends on Jesus and the only thing I contribute to it is my "Belief" and the dead works of my flesh that make me utterly dependent and in need for God's "gift" of Love, every second of the day (These works -Good or Bad- are not contributions, but instead... affirmations of my need for Him).

I Believe in His DBR for all humanity and thus... I'm Saved!

Do you agree with that?

Truster

Allow me to try again...

To me... Eph. 2:8f means... Jesus paid my life debt in full and salvation is an absolutely free gift to me, though it cost God "Everything"... and nothing I do (Good or Bad), with the "indwelling" Spirit of Christ (Rm. 8:9 Holy Spirit Eph. 1:13) within me... can take that "gift" away from me ... it utterly depends on Jesus and the only thing I contribute to it is my "Belief" and the dead works of my flesh that make me utterly dependent and in need for God's "gift" of Love, every second of the day (These works -Good or Bad- are not contributions, but instead... affirmations of my need for Him).

Do you agree with that?

Truster

Allow me to try again...

Do you agree with that?

I would not call you brother.

Danoh

Clearly the Death, Burial and Resurrection meaning must be added to the verbiage.

Two issues; one result.

One:

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Two:

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Result:

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Give a person that much, follow that with an admonition to beware the following types, in terms of the principle the following is actually describing, and what to focus on, upon encountering such...

Galatians 6:12 As many as desire to make a fair shew in the flesh, they constrain you to be circumcised; only lest they should suffer persecution for the cross of Christ. 6:13 For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh. 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. 6:16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Then finish up with pointing them to the following, and they should do just fine if they'll make an attempt to sort it out and follow it.

For that is its' promise.

Romans 16:24 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith: 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.