The Preterists and Matthew 24:34

john w

Hall of Fame
The above prophecy was fulfilled at Christ Jesus's Incarnation in the first century.

Hebrews confirms Job 19

(Heb 1:2) but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.

Jesus stood on planet earth "in these last days"

Made up, you satanic clown. The context is the resurrection, "For I know that my redeemer liveth,and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:," the "standing up," by definition, of physical bodies, where the Lord Jesus Christ will stand on earth, in his flesh and bone resurrected body, in the latter days, at the second coming, and OT saints will have resurrected bodies...

though after my skin worms destroy this body,yet in my flesh shall I see God whom I shall see for myself,and mine eyes shall behold,

Read it punk-Job, OT saints, in their flesh, their resurrected bodies, will see God, the Lord Jesus Christ, "upon the earth.. That was their hope.

Read it punk-the context-"though after my skin worms destroy this body."

According to you, punk, the LORD God is an idiot, a moron, like you, for even including "though after my skin worms destroy this body,yet in my flesh shall I see God: whom I shall see for myself,and mine eyes shall behold, and not another," if this is referencing just the Lord's life on earth.

Of course, your satanic Preterism denies that hope, and the redemption of the body, promised to respected members of the boc.

Job 19 KJV

25For I know that my redeemer liveth,
and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:26
and though after my skin worms destroy this body,yet in my flesh shall I see God:27 whom I shall see for myself,and mine eyes shall behold, and not another;though my reins be consumed within me

You are clueless, Preterist perverter. The verse has NADA to do with His "Incarnation in the first century."

You plagiarized that "invention" from J. Stuart Russell, Hank Hanegraaf, Gary DeMar, and Ken Gentry.

Jerry Shugart

Jesus stood on planet earth "in these last days"

That is not what the verse says:

"For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God" (Job.19:25-26).​

The latter day is referring to the last day spoken of here:

"And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day" (Jn.6:39).​

That fits perfectly with Job 19:26, where Job is speaking of being in his resurrected body when he will see God the Son:

"And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God" (Job 19:26).​

You false interpretation of verse 26 does not have anything at all to do with verse 27 while my correct interpretation ties both together perfectly.

john w

Hall of Fame
John W,
can you defend the concept that there are '2 peoples / 2 programs' in the Bible?

So, you are a member of the nation Israel?

You: In the beginning God created the universe...

The bible is a book of details.

Can you defend the concept that all of the scripture is specifically about you, not others, written to you, for your obedience, and that every single person in the bible, and saints after, are given the same promises, blessings?

See how that closed ended question game works-I am in sales?

Jerry Shugart

Made up, you satanic clown. The context is the resurrection, "For I know that my redeemer liveth,and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:," the "standing up," by definition, of physical bodies, where the Lord Jesus Christ will stand on earth, in his flesh and bone resurrected body, in the latter days, at the second coming, and OT saints will have resurrected bodies...

Once again you prove that your understanding of what the Scriptures say is way above tet's limited understanding.

john w

Hall of Fame

"For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God" (Job.19:25-26).​

"And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day" (Jn.6:39).​

That fits perfectly with Job 19:26, where Job is speaking of being in his resurrected body when he will see God the Son:

"And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God" (Job 19:26).​

You false interpretation of verse 26 does not have anything at all to do with verse 27 while my correct interpretation ties both together perfectly.

Correct, Jerry. The Preterist perverter just "punts" verses 26- 27, craftily dismissing them, as if they were just added to embellish the book.

Jerry Shugart

(Zech 1:3) Therefore tell the people: This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘Return to me,’ declares the Lord Almighty, ‘and I will return to you,’ says the Lord Almighty.

Sounds conditional to me.

There is nothing here that even hints that it might or might not happen:

"I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked, and the women raped. Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city. Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations, as he fights on a day of battle. On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem" (Zech.14:2-4).​

If this verse was conditional, then we would read:

"Then the Lord might go out and fight against those nations, as he fights on a day of battle. On that day his feet might stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem."

That is not what is said so you must try to pervert the meaning of what is said in those verses because your faulty eschatology has no place for the fulfillment of this verse!

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

First off Jerry, before I even answer your post, you refuted yourself in your very own post.

You claim Jesus stands on planet earth in "the last day", which you claim Job spoke of, and claim this is the day Job will be resurrected.

According to you, when the rapture happens, all the dead believers rise first, and then the believers who are alive get raptured up with them.

However, you claim Jesus doesn't stand on planet earth when your rapture takes place.

So, which one is it Jerry?

Does Jesus stand on planet earth when the dead rise first in your rapture, or does Job get resurrected at some other time when Jesus is standing on planet earth?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
At least there's a quote so that I know what point he is responding to.
That was my earlier point. It wasn't a personal attack.

So when he makes up something I never said, then puts my name at the end of it to make it look like I said it, you're ok with that?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
First off Jerry, before I even answer your post, you refuted yourself in your very own post.

You claim Jesus stands on planet earth in "the last day", which you claim Job spoke of, and claim this is the day Job will be resurrected.

According to you, when the rapture happens, all the dead believers rise first, and then the believers who are alive get raptured up with them.

However, you claim Jesus doesn't stand on planet earth when your rapture takes place.

So, which one is it Jerry?

Does Jesus stand on planet earth when the dead rise first in your rapture, or does Job get resurrected at some other time when Jesus is standing on planet earth?

I won't answer for Jerry, but my answer is, Job gets resurrected at some other time than the rapture of the BOC.

genuineoriginal

From the end of the great tribulation unto these events there is nothing which even hints of a delay of any kind. And since these events did not happen after the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD it is clear that all of these prophecies remain in the future.
You are mistaken in thinking that the beginning of the great tribulation is near the end of the great tribulation.

The great tribulation of the Jews started in 70 CE, shortly after the disciples fled to Pella in 66 CE.
The Jews have been in tribulation (captivity among the nations, known as the Diaspora) ever since that time.

The great tribulation started a long time ago, but we have no record of it ending yet.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I won't answer for Jerry, but my answer is, Job gets resurrected at some other time than the rapture of the BOC.

Let me throw this at you:

Right after Jesus died, many people came out of graves and walked into Jerusalem in the flesh:

(Matt 27:52-53) And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

We also know that Jesus spent 40 days in the area after His resurrection.

So, if Job was one of those Saints who came out of the graves in the flesh and walked into Jerusalem, and Jesus spent 40 days preaching there, it's a possibility that Job, in the flesh, saw Jesus standing on planet earth.

genuineoriginal

I'm not a full preterist.

Satan still has to be released for a little while, the thousand years has not ended yet, the Great White Throne Judgment has not happened yet, etc.

Satan is currently unbound, so he has not been bound in the abyss yet.
The thousand years has not started yet, because Jesus has not returned yet.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You are mistaken in thinking that the beginning of the great tribulation is near the end of the great tribulation.

The great tribulation of the Jews started in 70 CE, shortly after the disciples fled to Pella in 66 CE.
The Jews have been in tribulation (captivity among the nations, known as the Diaspora) ever since that time.

The great tribulation started a long time ago, but we have no record of it ending yet.

Nope

The Great Tribulation started in 66AD and ended in 70AD. It lasted 3.5 years.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Satan is currently unbound, so he has not been bound in the abyss yet.
The thousand years has not started yet, because Jesus has not returned yet.

Wrong again.

Satan was bound in 70AD

Since then, the Saints have been reigning with Christ Jesus.

When the thousand years are over, Satan will be loosed for a little while.

genuineoriginal

Nope

The Great Tribulation started in 66AD and ended in 70AD. It lasted 3.5 years.

That was not the great tribulation.
More distress on the Jews happened between 70 CE and 73 CE than happened between 66 CE and 70 CE, but that was just the beginning of the great tribulation.

Spoiler

Jewish Persecution | Timeline of Judaism | History of AntiSemitism

DATE PLACE EVENT
250 C.E. Carthage Expulsion
224 C.E. Italy Forced Conversion
325 C.E. Jerusalem Expulsion
351 C.E Persia Book Burning
357 C.E. Italy Property Confiscation
379 C.E. Milan Synagogue Burning
415 C.E. Alexandria Expulsion
418 C.E. Minorca Forced Conversion
469 C.E. Ipahan Holocaust
489 C.E. Antioch Synagogue Burning
506 C.E. Daphne Synagogue Burning
519 C.E. Ravenna Synagogue Burning
554 C.E. Diocese of Clement (France) Expulsion
561 C.E. Diocese of Uzes (France) Expulsion
582 C.E Merovingia Forced Conversion
612 C.E. Visigoth Spain Expulsion
628 C.E. Byzantium Forced Conversion
629 C.E. Merovingia Forced Conversion
633 C.E. Toledo Forced Conversion
638 C.E. Toledo Stake Burnings
642 C.E. Visigothic Empire Expulsion
653 C.E. Toledo Expulsion
681 C.E. Spain Forced Conversion
693 C.E. Toledo Jews Enslaved
722 C.E. Byzantium Judaism Outlawed
855 C.E. Italy Expulsion
876 C.E. Sens Expulsion
897 C.E. Narbonne Land Confiscation
945 C.E. Venice Ban on Sea Travel
1009 C.E. Orleans Massacre
1012 C.E. Rouen, Limoges & Rome Massacre
1012 C.E. Mayence Expulsion
1021 C.E. Rome Jews Burned Alive
1063 C.E. Spain Massacre
1095 C.E. Lorraine Massacre
1096 C.E. Northern France & Germany 1/3 of Jewish Population Massacred
1096 C.E. Hungary Massacre
1096 C.E. Ralisbon Massacre
1099 C.E. Jerusalem Jews Burned Alive
1100 C.E. Kiev Pogrom
1140 C.E. Germany Massacres
1146 C.E. Rhine Valley Massacre
1147 C.E. Wurzburg Massacre
1147 C.E. Belitz (Germany) Jews Burned Alive
1147 C.E. Carenton, Ramenu & Sully (France) Massacres
1171 C.E. Blois Stake Burnings
1181 C.E. France Expulsion
1181 C.E. England Property Confiscation
1188 C.E. London & York Mob Attacks
1190 C.E. Norfolk Jews Burned Alive
1191 C.E. Bray (France) Jews Burned Alive
1195 C.E. France Property Confiscation
1209 C.E. Beziers Massacre
1212 C.E. Spain Rioting and blood bath against the Jews of Toledo.
1215 C.E. Rome Lateran Council of Rome decrees that Jews must wear the "badge of shame" in all Christian countries. Jews are denied all public sector employment, and are burdened with extra taxes.
1215 C.E. Toulouse (France) Mass Arrests
1218 C.E. England Jews Forced to Wear Badges
1231 C.E. Rome Inquisition Established
1236 C.E. France Forced Conversion/Massacre
1239 C.E. London Massacre & Property Confiscation
1240 C.E. Austria Property confiscation. Jews either imprisoned, converted, expelled, or burned.
1240 C.E. France Talmud Confiscated
1240 C.E. England Book Burning
1240 C.E. Spain Forced Conversion
1242 C.E. Paris Talmud Burned
1244 C.E. Oxford Mob Attacks
1255 C.E. England Blood libel in Lincoln results in the burning / torture of many Jews & public hangings.
1261 C.E. Canterbury Mob Attacks
1262 C.E. London Mob Attacks
1264 C.E. London Mob Attacks
1264 C.E. Germany Council of Vienna declares that all Jews must wear a "pointed dunce cap." Thousands murdered.
1267 C.E. Vienna Jews Forced to Wear Horned Hats
1270 C.E. Weissenberg, Magdeburg, Arnstadt, Coblenz, Singzig, and Erfurt Jews Burned Alive
1270 C.E. England The libel of the "counterfeit coins" - all Jewish men, women and children in England imprisoned. Hundreds are hung.
1276 C.E. Bavaria Expulsion
1278 C.E. Genoa (Spain) Mob Attacks
1279 C.E. Hungary & Poland The Council of Offon denies Jews the right to all civic positions. The Jews of Hungary & Poland are forced to wear the "red badge of shame."
1283 C.E. Mayence & Bacharach Mob Attacks
1285 C.E. Munich Jews Burned Alive
1290 C.E. England King Edward I issues an edict banishing all Jews from England. Many drowned.
1291 C.E. France The Jewish refugees from England are promptly expelled from France.
1292 C.E. Italy Forced conversions & expulsion of the Italian Jewish community.
1298 C.E. Germany The libel of the "Desecrated Host" is perpetrated against the Jews of Germany. Approximately 150 Jewish communities undergo forced conversion.
1298 C.E. Franconia, Bavaria & Austria Reindfel's Decree is propagated against the Jews of Franconia and Bavarai. Riots against these Jewish communities, as well as those in Austria, result in the massacre of 100,000 Jews over a six-month period.
1306 C.E. France Expulsion
1308 C.E. Strasbourg Jews Burned Alive
1320 C.E. Toulouse & Perpigon 120 Communities Massacred & Talmud Burned
1321 C.E. Teruel Public Executions
1328 C.E. Estella 5,000 Jews Slaughtered
1348 C.E. France & Spain Jews Burned Alive
1348 C.E. Switzerland Expulsion
1349 C.E. Worms, Strasbourg, Oppenheim, Mayence, Erfurt, Bavaria & Swabia Jews Burned Alive
1349 C.E. Heilbronn (Germany) Expulsion
1349 C.E. Hungary Expulsion
1354 C.E. Castile (Spain) 12,000 Jews Slaughtered
1368 C.E. Toledo 8,000 Jews Slaughtered
1370 C.E. Majorca., Penignon & Barcelona Mob Attack
1377 C.E. Huesca (Spain) Jews Burned Alive
1380 C.E. Paris Mob Attack
1384 C.E. Nordlingen Mass Murder
1388 C.E. Strasbourg Expulsion
1389 C.E. Prague Mass Slaughter & Book Burning
1391 C.E. Castille, Toledo, Madrid, Seville, Cordova, Cuenca & Barcelona Forced Conversions & Mass Murder
1394 C.E. Germany Expulsion
1394 C.E. France Expulsion
1399 C.E. Posen (Poland) Jews Burned Alive
1400 C.E. Prague Stake Burnings
1407 C.E. Cracow Mob Attack
1415 C.E. Rome Talmud Confiscated
1422 C.E. Austria Jews Burned Alive
1422 C.E. Austria Expulsion
1424 C.E. Fribourg & Zurich Expulsion
1426 C.E. Cologne Expulsion
1431 C.E. Southern Germany Jews Burned Alive
1432 C.E. Savory Expulsion
1438 C.E. Mainz Expulsion
1439 C.E. Augsburg Expulsion
1449 C.E. Toledo Public Torture &. Burnings
1456 C.E. Bavaria Expulsion
1453 C.E. Franconia Expulsion
1453 C.E. Breslau Expulsion
1454 C.E. Wurzburg Expulsion
1463 C.E. Cracow Mob Attack
1473 C.E. Andalusia Mob Attack
1480 C.E. Venice Jews Burned Alive
1481 C.E. Seville Stake Burnings
1484 C.E. Cuidad Real, Guadalupe, Saragossa & Teruel Jews Burned Alive
1485 C.E. Vincenza (Italy) Expulsion
1486 C.E. Toledo Jews Burned Alive
1488 C.E. Toledo Stake Burnings
1490 C.E. Toledo Public Executions
1491 C.E. Astorga Public Torture & Execution
1492 C.E. Spain Expulsion
1495 C.E. Lithuania Expulsion
1497 C.E. Portugal Expulsion
1499 C.E. Germany Expulsion
1506 C.E. Lisbon Mob Attack
1510 C.E. Berlin Public Torture & Execution
1514 C.E. Strasbourg Expulsion
1519 C.E. Regensburg Expulsion
1539 C.E. Cracow & Portugal Stake Burnings
1540 C.E. Naples Expulsion
1542 C.E. Bohemia Expulsion
1550 C.E. Genoa Expulsion
1551 C.E. Bavaria Expulsion
1555 C.E. Pesaro Expulsion
1556 C.E. Sokhachev (Poland) Public Torture & Execution
1559 C.E. Austria Expulsion
1561 C.E. Prague Expulsion
1567 C.E. Wurzburg Expulsion
1569 C.E. Papal States Expulsion
1571 C.E. Brandenburg Expulsion
1582 C.E. Netherlands Expulsion
1593 C.E. Brunswick Expulsion
1597 C.E. Cremona, Pavia & Lodi Expulsion
1614 C.E. Frankfort Expulsion
1615 C.E. Worms Expulsion
1619 C.E. Kiev Expulsion
1635 C.E. Vilna Mob Attack
1637 C.E. Cracow Public Torture & Execution
1647 C.E. Lisbon Jews Burned Alive
1648 C.E. Poland 1/3 of Jewry Slaughtered
1649 C.E. Ukraine Expulsion
1649 C.E. Hamburg Expulsion
1652 C.E. Lisbon Stake Burnings
1654 C.E. Little Russia Expulsion
1656 C.E. Lithuania Expulsion
1660 C.E. Seville Jews Burned Alive
1663 C.E Cracow Public Torture &. Execution
1664 C.E. Lemberg Mob Attack
1669 C.E. Oran (North Africa) Expulsion
1670 C.E. Vienna Expulsion
1671 C.E. Minsk Mob Attacks
1681 C.E. Vilna Mob Attacks
1682 C.E. Cracow Mob Attacks
1687 C.E. Posen Mob Attacks
1712 C.E. Sandomir Expulsion
1727 C.E. Russia Expulsion
1738 C.E. Wurtemburg Expulsion
1740 C.E. Liule Russia Expulsion
1744 C.E Bohemia Expulsion
1744 C.E. Livonia Expulsion
1745 C.E. Moravia Expulsion
1753 C.E. Kovad (Lithuania) Expulsion
1757 C.E. Kamenetz Talmud Burning
1761 C.E. Bordeaux Expulsion
1768 C.E. Kiev 3,000 Jews Slaughtered
1772 C.E. Russia Expulsion
1775 C.E. Warsaw Expulsion
1789 C.E. Alsace Expulsion
1801 C.E. Bucharest Mob Attack
1804 C.E. Russian Villages Expulsion
1808 C.E. Russian Countryside Expulsion
1815 C.E. Lubeck & Bremen Expulsion
1820 C.E. Bremes Expulsion
1843 C.E. Austria & Prussia Expulsion
1850 C.E. New York City 500 People, Led by Police, Attacked & Wrecked Jewish Synagogue
1862 C.E. Area under General Grant's Jurisdiction in the United States Expulsion
1866 C.E Galatz (Romania) Expulsion
1871 C.E. Odena Mob Attack
1887 C.E. Slovakia Mob Attacks
1897 C.E. Kantakuzenka (Russia) Mob Attacks
1898 C.E. Rennes (France) Mob Attack
1899 C.E. Nicholayev Mob Attack
1900 C.E. Konitz (Prussia) Mob Attack
1902 C.E. Poland Widespread Pogroms
1904 C.E. Manchuria, Kiev & Volhynia Widespread Pogroms
1905 C.E. Zhitomir (Yolhynia) Mob Attacks
1919 C.E Bavaria Expulsion
1915 C.E. Georgia (U.S.A.) Leo Frank Lynched
1919 C.E. Prague Wide Spread Pogroms
1920 C.E. Munich & Breslau Mob Attacks
1922 C.E. Boston, MA Lawrence Lowell, President of Harvard, calls for Quota Restrictions on Jewish Admission
1926 C.E. Uzbekistan Pogrom
1928 C.E. Hungary Widespread Anti-Semitic Riots on University Campuses
1929 C.E. Lemberg (Poland) Mob Attacks
1930 C.E. Berlin Mob Attack
1933 C.E. Bucharest Mob Attacks
1938-45 C.E. Europe Holocaust

The great tribulation contained many persecutions of the Jews in every nation that they were scattered in.

Highlights include the Pogram of 1926 CE and the Holocaust in 1945, each of which killed more Jews than were killed in 70 CE.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Let me throw this at you:

Right after Jesus died, many people came out of graves and walked into Jerusalem in the flesh:

(Matt 27:52-53) And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

We also know that Jesus spent 40 days in the area after His resurrection.

So, if Job was one of those Saints who came out of the graves in the flesh and walked into Jerusalem, and Jesus spent 40 days preaching there, it's a possibility that Job, in the flesh, saw Jesus standing on planet earth.

Seems like a possibility.
I couldn't be dogmatic about it.
I can't see where it would negate a resurrection of other saints at a later time.
To use this idea to dogmatically say that the Lord is not, in the future, coming to this earth would go against what I see in Scripture.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Seems like a possibility.
I couldn't be dogmatic about it.
I can't see where it would negate a resurrection of other saints at a later time.
To use this idea to dogmatically say that the Lord is not, in the future, coming to this earth would go against what I see in Scripture.

My view is that the Bible speaks of two resurrections (Rev 20)

I believe the first one was in 70AD. I believe Jesus took all the captives from Abraham's bosom to Heaven, and since then, all believers in Christ have been caught up to be with those Saints when they physically die.

Then I believe the second resurrection is the resurrection of the unbelievers who will then stand before God the Father at the Great White Throne Judgement, and then will be cast into hell for unbelief.