The New And Old Wine

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
NEW WINE (THE VERSES) (KNOWLEDGE) Luke 5:37-39
37 "And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; or else the new wine will burst the wineskins and be spilled, and the wineskins will be ruined.
38 "But new wine must be put into new wineskins, and both are preserved.
39 "And no one, having drunk old wine, immediately desires new; for he says, 'The old is better.'"
Mark 2:22
22 "And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; or else the new wine bursts the wineskins, the wine is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined. But new wine must be put into new wineskins."
Matt 9:17
17 "Nor do they put new wine into old wineskins, or else the wineskins break, the wine is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined. But they put new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved."
1 Cor 8:1-2
1 Now concerning things offered to idols: We know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love edifies.
2 And if anyone thinks that he knows anything, he knows nothing yet as he ought to know.
1 Cor 5:7-8
7 Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us.
8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
John 15:14-15
14 "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
15 "No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.
Titus 1:10-11
10 For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision,
11 whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole households, teaching things which they ought not, for the sake of dishonest gain.
1 Tim 6:20-21
20 O Timothy! Guard what was committed to your trust, avoiding the profane and idle babble and contradictions of what is falsely called knowledge--
21 by professing it some have strayed concerning the faith. Grace be with you. Amen.
2 Pet 2:3
3 By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber.
1 Cor 2:1
1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God.
1 Cor 2:4-8
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
6 However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
8 which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
1 Cor 2:9-10
9 But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him."
10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.
1 Cor 2:12-15
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.
13 These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one.
Gal 1:11-12
11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man.
12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Eph 3:3-5
3 how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already,
4 by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ),
5 which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets:
Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Rev 19:10
10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, "See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."
Rom 16:25-27
25 Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began
26 but now has been made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures has been made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, for obedience to the faith--
27 to God, alone wise, be glory through Jesus Christ forever. Amen.
(NKJ)

xxx The new wine is the revelations of Jesus Christ. And no one can receive the revelations of Jesus Christ until they have been born again. And no one can be born again until they have followed the Holy Spirit through the meat understanding. Crucifying their flesh with all their emotions. And no one can know the Holy Spirit until they have believed everything they read in the new testament. While in the milk understanding.

John 6:63-64
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
64 "But there are some of you who do not believe." For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who would betray Him.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 11:10-13
10 As the truth of Christ is in me, no one shall stop me from this boasting in the regions of Achaia.
11 Why? Because I do not love you? God knows!
12 But what I do, I will also continue to do, that I may cut off the opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the things of which they boast.
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ.
(NKJ)

clefty

"And no one, having drunk old wine, immediately desires new; for he says, 'The old is better.'"

LoL...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
"And no one, having drunk old wine, immediately desires new; for he says, 'The old is better.'"

LoL...

I said
lol Its true look at how your fighting against the new wine I'm sharing with you. The revelations of Jesus Christ. Look at the verses I use to prove your walking after the devil. A real Christian brings every thought in their mind to the obedience of the new testament. Look at how many of your thoughts are against the new testament.

2 Cor 10:3-5
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
lol Its true look at how your fighting against the new wine I'm sharing with you. The revelations of Jesus Christ. Look at the verses I use to prove your walking after the devil. A real Christian brings every thought in their mind to the obedience of the new testament. Look at how many of your thoughts are against the new testament.

2 Cor 10:3-5
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
(NKJ)

Your obedience to Christ should reject the new wine of the Pharisees...

Is why He concludes the old wine is better...

Your redefined Sabbath is new wine...and just like theirs...not as good as the old wine...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Your obedience to Christ should reject the new wine of the Pharisees...

Is why He concludes the old wine is better...

Your redefined Sabbath is new wine...and just like theirs...not as good as the old wine...

I said
lolol Read the OP Christ is telling us to drink the new wine. It is the only way to be "In Christ".

clefty

I said
lolol Read the OP Christ is telling us to drink the new wine. It is the only way to be "In Christ".

Nope...you infer again what is not there...

What is there is:

39 "And no one, having drunk old wine, immediately desires new; for he says, 'The old is better.'"

Stop adding to the Word ok?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Nope...you infer again what is not there...

What is there is:

Stop adding to the Word ok?

I said
lol Its a parable, do you know what parable means?

Luke 5:36-39
36 Then He spoke a parable to them: "No one puts a piece from a new garment on an old one; otherwise the new makes a tear, and also the piece that was taken out of the new does not match the old.
37 "And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; or else the new wine will burst the wineskins and be spilled, and the wineskins will be ruined.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said

36 Then He spoke a parable to them: "No one puts a piece from a new garment on an old one; otherwise the new makes a tear, and also the piece that was taken out of the new does not match the old.
(NKJ)

Do you know why it used? Lol...

To teach truth...

And older wine is preferred to the newer...is what even He says...

clefty

I said

(NKJ)

So He affirms the older wine is more desired...tastes better...

So since you argue new wine is His revelation what does that mean?

Given the context of Pharisees, like you, who were redefining and changing all interpretations of older scripture...He is actually stating their new additions to the word...like yours...don't fit and destroys everything...both the wine and wine skins...

The new covenant is made with the old laws of God placed into the hearts and minds of the new members of the new covenant...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
So He affirms the older wine is more desired...tastes better...

So since you argue new wine is His revelation what does that mean?

Given the context of Pharisees, like you, who were redefining and changing all interpretations of older scripture...He is actually stating their new additions to the word...like yours...don't fit and destroys everything...both the wine and wine skins...

The new covenant is made with the old laws of God placed into the hearts and minds of the new members of the new covenant...

I said
lol Your really an idiot. The Pharisees didn't want to go by what Jesus said. Like you. I go by what Jesus says, I quote what Jesus says, because I have the Word abiding in me.
You don't have the Word abiding in you because you pervert it and twist it to fit your god.

2 Pet 3:16
16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.
(NKJ)

John 8:44
44 "You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.
(NKJ)

I have the word abiding in me because I have the Holy Spirit. You don't.

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

John 5:38-40
38 "But you do not have His word abiding in you, because whom He sent, Him you do not believe.
39 "You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.
40 "But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.
(NKJ)

The new covenant is made with new laws.

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

clefty

lol Your really an idiot. The Pharisees didn't want to go by what Jesus said. Like you. I go by what Jesus says, I quote what Jesus says, because I have the Word abiding in me.
You don't have the Word abiding in you because you pervert it and twist it to fit your god.

Lol now you changed what you said earlier that the revelations of Jesus are the new wine...

which would make them less desirous than the old...

And you don't go by hat Jesus says as He even kept sabbath as an example and you don't even pray it will be kept into the future...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Lol now you changed what you said earlier that the revelations of Jesus are the new wine...

And you don't go by hat Jesus says as He even kept sabbath as an example and you don't even pray it will be kept into the future...

I said
ROFLOL You should take a break, take some time off. Your rambling with no sense now. Why don't you just take some time off from your quest, and relax a little until you can form whole sentances.

clefty

I said
ROFLOL You should take a break, take some time off. Your rambling with no sense now. Why don't you just take some time off from your quest, and relax a little until you can form whole sentances.

Let Paul remind you:

Ephesians 2:

11Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: 13But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ...19Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 21In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit."

You have come into a nation of laws and family with rules...you want to be here...you want to be a full member...and a part...and of the promise...so you keep things the way they are...as they did and as He did...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Let Paul remind you:

Ephesians 2:

11Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: 13But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ...19Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 21In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit."

You have come into a nation of laws and family with rules...you want to be here...you want to be a full member...and a part...and of the promise...so you keep things the way they are...as they did and as He did...

I said
JESUS COMMANDS US (RULE, LAW, ORDER)
John 15:10
10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
John 14:21
21 "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."
Matt 4:4
4 But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"
Matt 28:20
20 "teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.
Matt 24:35
35 "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.
I Jn 2:3
3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.
I Jn 5:3
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.
II Th 3:4
4 And we have confidence in the Lord concerning you, both that you do and will do the things we command you.
John 15:14
14 "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
1 Tim 4:11
11 These things command and teach.
1 Cor 7:10
10 Now to the married I command, yet not I but the Lord: A wife is not to depart from her husband.
Matt 28:20
20 "teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.
Heb 13:8
8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
Phile 1:21
21 Having confidence in your obedience, I write to you, knowing that you will do even more than I say.
Matt 5:20
20 "For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.
John 15:10
10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
Acts 17:30
30 "Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent,
II Jn 1:5-6
5 And now I plead with you, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment to you, but that which we have had from the beginning: that we love one another.
6 This is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, that as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it.
Matt 19:17-21
17 So He said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments."
18 He said to Him, "Which ones?" Jesus said," 'You shall not murder,' 'You shall not commit adultery,' 'You shall not steal,' 'You shall not bear false witness,'
19 'Honor your father and your mother,' and, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'"
20 The young man said to Him, "All these things I have kept from my youth. What do I still lack?"
21 Jesus said to him, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."
Rom 13:9
9 For the commandments, "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not bear false witness," "You shall not covet," and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
Matt 22:37-40
37 Jesus said to him," 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.'
38 "This is the first and great commandment.
39 "And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'
40 "On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."
John 13:34-38
34 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
35 "By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."
36 Simon Peter said to Him, "Lord, where are You going?" Jesus answered him, "Where I am going you cannot follow Me now, but you shall follow Me afterward."
37 Peter said to Him, "Lord, why can I not follow You now? I will lay down my life for Your sake."
38 Jesus answered him, "Will you lay down your life for My sake? Most assuredly, I say to you, the rooster shall not crow till you have denied Me three times.
Matt 5:19
19 "Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
I Jn 4:20-21
20 If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?
21 And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also.
John 14:21
21 "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."
John 15:17
17 "These things I command you, that you love one another.
I Jn 2:4
4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
I Jn 2:3
3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.
James 1:12-15
12 Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.
13 Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.
14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.
15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.
James 1:22-24
22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror;
24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was.
James 1:25
25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.
James 2:17
17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
James 2:20
20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?
James 2:26
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
1 Tim 6:12
12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
1 Tim 6:14-16
14 that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ's appearing,
15 which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords,
16 who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen.
James 2:12
12 So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty.
Rom 8:2
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:1
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
I Jn 5:3-4
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.
4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world-- our faith.
Acts 1:1-3
1 The former account I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,
2 until the day in which He was taken up, after He through the Holy Spirit had given commandments to the apostles whom He had chosen,
3 to whom He also presented Himself alive after His suffering by many infallible proofs, being seen by them during forty days and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God.
I Jn 3:20-24
20 For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things.
21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God.
22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.
23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.
24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.
(NKJ)
xxxxxThe old testament had commandments. And the new testament has commandments. In the old testament the way to please God was to obey His commandments. In the new testament the way to please God is to obey Jesus commandments. And Jesus commands us to crucify our emotions and feelings. Just to get in the Spirit we, not Him, but we must crucify our emotions and feelings. Have you done that yet?

Gal 5:17-25
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
(NKJ)

Matt 5:19-20
19 "Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 "For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.
(NKJ)

I Jn 4:21
21 And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also.
(NKJ)

Rev 14:12
12 Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.
(NKJ)

Matt 19:17
17 So He said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments."
(NKJ)

Rev 12:17
17 And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
(NKJ)

Rev 2:5
5 "Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place-- unless you repent.
(NKJ)

marhig

Hi clefty,

I believe that the new wine is new revelation, well new to us anyway. But I believe the the old wineskins are a picture of our old life, and God can't give understanding to those who are still living in the world and flesh, or else we will just ruin what we hear of God and corrupt it and waste it. We have to die to self and be born anew, our old life gone and we then become a new man/woman of God, which is like the new wineskin, and then God can bless us with wisdom and understanding which is revelation, which is the new wine. The new wine is understanding and hearing things that we didn't see before. It's not adding to the word but understanding it. And once we are born of God he can trust us with his understanding. The more we let go of this world and our flesh, the more revelation God will give us.

clefty

Hi clefty,

I believe that the new wine is new revelation, well new to us anyway. But I believe the the old wineskins are a picture of our old life, and God can't give understanding to those who are still living in the world and flesh, or else we will just ruin what we hear of God and corrupt it and waste it. We have to die to self and be born anew, our old life gone and we then become a new man/woman of God, which is like the new wineskin, and then God can bless us with wisdom and understanding which is revelation, which is the new wine. The new wine is understanding and hearing things that we didn't see before. It's not adding to the word but understanding it. And once we are born of God he can trust us with his understanding. The more we let go of this world and our flesh, the more revelation God will give us.

It's context should be noted...He was dealing with Pharisees that had added new teaching to the Word...new traditions...which bursts the old wine skin as it ferments...beware the leavening of Pharisees that puff up...

And He acknowledges that old wine is preferred...which diminishes His teaching if you see Him as the new wine...

But His teaching came prior to those Pharisees by a few thousand years...lol

Please note that old wine can be put into new wine skins without destroying everything...

A quick google search found this which helps to see this...

http://www.breakpoint.org/the-center/columns/changepoint/17244-old-wine-in-new-wineskins-2

(Not an endorsement of everything else there ok?)

daqq

Hi clefty,

I believe that the new wine is new revelation, well new to us anyway. But I believe the the old wineskins are a picture of our old life, and God can't give understanding to those who are still living in the world and flesh, or else we will just ruin what we hear of God and corrupt it and waste it. We have to die to self and be born anew, our old life gone and we then become a new man/woman of God, which is like the new wineskin, and then God can bless us with wisdom and understanding which is revelation, which is the new wine. The new wine is understanding and hearing things that we didn't see before. It's not adding to the word but understanding it.

So the heart must be symbolically removed for circumcision because it is likened to the wineskin which will hold the new wine, (circumcision of the heart as symbolically portrayed in Hosea 13:7-8). First the animal is presented, then slain, then offered upon the altar. The skin, (which belongs to the Priest), is then taken to a certain Simon the Tanner. The tanner then cleanses the skin, and then washes it in running or living water, then dries it and soaks the skin in oil of the Spirit for a certain amount of time. After the tanning process is complete the skin is then given final preparations and sewed up to be filled with new wine. Thus it is a kainos-renewed wineskin, (because it was not neos-new like something completely brand new but rather came from a formerly living creature and had to be prepped and tanned before it could be used for the fermentation and preserving of the neos-new Spirit wine). The kainos-renewed wineskin is then filled with neos-new wine and both are allowed to age together as one. So you appear to be absolutely correct; for no one gives wine, neither new nor old, to livestock or animals and especially not to wild beasts such as lions, bears, and four headed leopards, (lol). :)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Hi clefty,

I said
Bless you, your right.