The Myth of saying that Jesus Christ died for all men without exception !

Nanja

Jesus was raised from the dead according to promise to be a Saviour to Israel, a Chosen People, not to all without exception Acts 13:23

Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

Theres never a promise of God to save all mankind without exception, but only a chosen remnant, Israel ! Thats who Christ died for as Savior.

Amen ! Jesus' Resurrection from the dead was unto Israel Acts 13:23, God's Chosen People Eph. 1:4.

The Israel of God is Spiritual and constitutes the World of God's Elect: Salvation for His Chosen Jacobs Rom. 11:26, a Spiritual Nation of both jew and gentile Is. 45:17.

But not for all men without exception because Salvation is based solely upon God's Promise to a specific Seed Gal. 3:16, 29; not the freewill of man !

FineLinen

"He is the Mercy-Seat for our sins, and not for our sins ONLY, but for the sins of the whole ungodly multitude."

"Only"= monon/monos=

Without others or anything further.

Alone.

Solely.

Exclusively.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Jesus was raised from the dead according to promise to be a Saviour to Israel, a Chosen People, not to all without exception Acts 13:23

Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

Theres never a promise of God to save all mankind without exception, but only a chosen remnant, Israel ! Thats who Christ died for as Savior.

Because you don't have a correct understanding of what Israel means and how one becomes in a state of Israel , I don't see how many sins Christs sacrificed coveres is pertinent .

beloved57

Another way we know that Christ didn't die for all without exception is in that by His death,
those He died for, or as it reads" by the offering of the body of Christ" those He died for are permanently set apart unto God for Salvation. Heb 10:10

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

The word sanctified here is in the perfect tense. Its the greek word hagiazó and means:

to regard as special (sacred), i.e. holy ("set apart"), sanctify.

Its like when its written of the prophet jeremiah Jer 1:5

5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

The same is true of every sinner for whom Christ died. Now all are not sanctified by Christ's death, hence all without exception He could not have died for.

beloved57

Another way we know that Christ didn't die for all without exception is in that by His death,
those He died for, or as it reads" by the offering of the body of Christ" those He died for are permanently set apart unto God for Salvation. Heb 10:10

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Christ sanctifying death, His Blood, has purged away the guilt and punishment due to the ones He died for Heb 1:3

Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself[His Death/Blood] purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high

The word purged here is the greek word katharismos and means:

1. a cleansing, purification, a ritual purgation or washing
    1. of the washing of the Jews before and after their meals
    2. of levitical purification of women after childbirth
    3. a cleansing from the guilt of sins wrought by the expiatory sacrifice of Christ

Jesus death was a expiatory sacrifice

This is part of the being sanctified by His One Offering Heb 10:10. The condemning power of Gods law is done away with for these.

An OT scripture foresaw this Ps 79:9

9 Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of thy name: and deliver us, and purge away our sins, for thy name's sake.

beloved57

Christ came specifically to identify with and to die for the seed of abraham, which is His Church Heb 2:14-17

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Notice in Vs 16 where it reads he took on him the seed of abraham, not all humanity. The phrase " he took on him " can be better rendered :

For assuredly He does not give help to angels, but He gives help to the descendant of Abraham.

but he takes hold of the seed of Abraham.

but death was authorized over the seed of Abraham.

The point being He didnt come to die for all without exception but for a particular seed !

Nanja

The word sanctified here is in the perfect tense. Its the greek word hagiazó and means:

to regard as special (sacred), i.e. holy ("set apart"), sanctify.

Its like when its written of the prophet jeremiah Jer 1:5

5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

The same is true of every sinner for whom Christ died. Now all are not sanctified by Christ's death, hence all without exception He could not have died for.

All God's Elect were Sanctified, once and for all Heb. 10:10, even before the foundation of the world, when they were Chosen of the Father in Union with Christ their Surety Heb. 7:22, to be holy [hagios] and without blame before Him in Love and to have forgiveness of sins Eph. 1:4-7.

That is, just as Jeremiah, they were set apart permanently in the Purpose of God, even though they are born into this world as sinners, by nature children of wrath as others Eph. 2:3, yet no sin was ever laid to their charge but they were imputed to their Surety instead Rom. 4:7-8; Is. 53:6, and the Righteousness of the Lamb slain before the foundation of the world Rev. 13:8 was imputed to them:

Jer. 23:6
In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Now with that said, we know that Christ didn't die for all men without exception because many shall die in their sins John 8:24 and must pay the wages for their own sins in the Second Death Rev. 21:8.

MennoSota

Oh, Mercy, that thy father and mother were here; yea, and Mrs. Timorous also: nay, I wish now with all my heart that here was Madam Wanton too. Surely, surely, their hearts would be affected; nor could the fear of the one, nor the powerful lusts of the other, prevail with them to go home again, and to refuse to become good pilgrims. Mr. Great-Heart: You speak now in the warmth of your affections; will it, think you, be always thus with you? Besides, this is not communicated to every one, nor to every one that did see your Jesus bleed. There were that stood by, and that saw the blood run from the heart to the ground, and yet were so far off this, that instead of lamenting, they laughed at him, and, instead of becoming his disciples, did harden their hearts against him. So that all that you have, my daughters, you have by peculiar impression made by a divine contemplating upon what I have spoken to you. Remember, that ‘twas told you, that the hen, by her common call, gives no meat to her chickens. This you have therefore by a special grace.
~ Pilgrims Progress

beloved57

nanja

That is, just as Jeremiah, they were set apart permanently in the Purpose of God, even though they are born into this world as sinners, by nature children of wrath as others Eph. 2:3, yet no sin was ever laid to their charge but they were imputed to their Surety instead Rom. 4:7-8; Is. 53:6, and the Righteousness of the Lamb slain before the foundation of the world Rev. 13:8 was imputed to them:

Amen a most blessed truth !

Oldsoul.woman

Hi, I interested on your topic. I don't agree when ppl around me saying "Christ died for ALL men without exception". That phrase is not correct, imo. I believe the more correct phrase is "Christ died for all sinner who accept Him".

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

beloved57

Hi, I interested on your topic. I don't agree when ppl around me saying "Christ died for ALL men without exception". That phrase is not correct, imo. I believe the more correct phrase is "Christ died for all sinner who accept Him".

i see. What about sinners that dont accept Him, do you believe Christ died for them also ?

Oldsoul.woman

i see. What about sinners that dont accept Him, do you believe Christ died for them also ?
No. Because how can someone receive salvation if his heart is stiff like a stone and doesn't believe that Christ is a savior. So the phrase "Jesus died for all men without exception" is not correct. Yes, Jesus CAME for all men, but He died for men who accept Him". Don't you agree?

Oldsoul.woman

By the way, every ppl who accept Christ are all Abraham's children.

Romans 4:16 (NKJV) Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all.

So Israel is not only matter of nationality, but matter of a faith.

beloved57

oldsoulwomqn

Yes, Jesus CAME for all men, but He died for men who accept Him". Don't you agree?

No I dont agree, this statement doesnt make any sense to me. What do you mean He came for all men ? Why did e come for all men as you say ?

Nanja

Christ sanctifying death, His Blood, has purged away the guilt and punishment due to the ones He died for Heb 1:3

Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself[His Death/Blood] purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high

The word purged here is the greek word katharismos and means:

1. a cleansing, purification, a ritual purgation or washing
    1. of the washing of the Jews before and after their meals
    2. of levitical purification of women after childbirth
    3. a cleansing from the guilt of sins wrought by the expiatory sacrifice of Christ

Jesus death was a expiatory sacrifice

This is part of the being sanctified by His One Offering Heb 10:10. The condemning power of Gods law is done away with for these.

An OT scripture foresaw this Ps 79:9

9 Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of thy name: and deliver us, and purge away our sins, for thy name's sake.

Amen ! Having one's sins purged is what constitutes their Salvation, meaning there's no sin against God's Law to ever be charged against them, it's just as if they never sinned, because they were laid on Christ Is. 53:6 instead of them.

Ps. 65:3
Iniquities prevail against me: as for our transgressions, thou shalt purge them away.

Col. 2:14
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Now if everyone Christ was offered for is not sanctified once and for all Heb. 10:10, and their sins purged as in Heb. 1:3; If they do not experience New Birth in their lifetime 2 Thes. 2:13, a conversion of life to serve the True and Living God Heb. 9:14, then Christ's Blood has failed its purpose and God's Glory is jeopardized.

beloved57

Christ was indebted to be made like His brethren, not all mankind Heb 2:17

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

It wasnt all men without exception Christ was under obligation to die for, to make reconciliation for the sins of.. The word behooved is the greek word opheilōand means:

1. to owe
    1. to owe money, be in debt for
      1. that which is due, the debt
  2. metaph. the goodwill due

Christ was only in debt for the sins of His brethren

His obligation before the Law and Justice of God for sins was only for His Brethren, Abraham's seed, because it was only their sins laid to His charge

to be under obligation, be guilty, hence was under obligation to become guilty [by imputation] for the sins of His brethren. No, not His brethren by ethnicity, but His brethren in the purpose of God, to be conformed to His image Rom 8:28-29

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Christ wasn't indebted for the sins of anyone else !

beloved57

Amen ! Having one's sins purged is what constitutes their Salvation, meaning there's no sin against God's Law to ever be charged against them, it's just as if they never sinned, because they were laid on Christ Is. 53:6 instead of them.

Ps. 65:3
Iniquities prevail against me: as for our transgressions, thou shalt purge them away.

Col. 2:14
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Now if everyone Christ was offered for is not sanctified once and for all Heb. 10:10, and their sins purged as in Heb. 1:3; If they do not experience New Birth in their lifetime 2 Thess. 2:13, a conversion of life to serve the True and Living God Heb. 9:14, then Christ's Blood has failed its purpose and God's Glory is jeopardized.

Well thought out and stated !