The Lord Jesus Christ died on the cross for sin.

Lon

I am not here to live up to your standards.
"Nor can" apparently? It doesn't matter other than for me to be correct in my assessments. I'm not really seeing you denying but accepting the assessments at this point...

Right Divider

Body part
It is never ever shameful to obey Jesus.
I never said that it was. What is shameful is your claim to 100% obedience.

Jesus' words are Spirit and life.

He is the Way.

You will not have the Spirit and life if you do not do what the Way says.
You don't and yet you claim that you do.

Jesus says, "I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins."
I love a random verse just as much as anyone.

Jesus' words are still true, forever.
You're very selective about what you obey.

God's Truth

God's Truth

I didn't say that He did. But YOU claim to obey EVERYTHING that Jesus said.

You might want to consider more carefully what you POST so you won't make yourself into a liar.

I obey everything that Jesus says.

Matthew 28:20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

God's Truth

You are completely insane.

Thank you, you put me in the same category as Paul, and Jesus Christ himself.

Mark 3:21 When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, "He is out of his mind."

Acts 20:24 At this point Festus interrupted Paul's defense. "You are out of your mind, Paul!" he shouted. "Your great learning is driving you insane."

Good bye and may God have mercy on you.

God did and continues to have mercy on me.

Right Divider

Body part
Thank you, you put me in the same category as Paul, and Jesus Christ himself.

Mark 3:21 When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, "He is out of his mind."

Acts 20:24 At this point Festus interrupted Paul's defense. "You are out of your mind, Paul!" he shouted. "Your great learning is driving you insane."
The difference is that they were called insane when they were not. You, on the other hand, are actually insane.

God did and continues to have mercy on me.
Temporarily unless you accept His grace.

Prizebeatz1

"Nor can" apparently? It doesn't matter other than for me to be correct in my assessments. I'm not really seeing you denying but accepting the assessments at this point...

Living up to an image or standard or ideal is your personality trying to prove its worth. Why does it feel the need to do this and why does it impose the same on others?

Lon

Living up to an image or standard or ideal is your personality trying to prove its worth. Why does it feel the need to do this and why does it impose the same on others?

:nono: It is realizing, with Paul, that the things I want to do, I do not do, and the things I do not want to do, this I do. In fact, living in the grace of God is actually living up to our potential because old things are past and all things become new. A rejection of that? I don't know what your family life was like, but I was doing well, after disobedience was taken care of, not before. You can't think "I'm cool this way, who cares what Mom thinks!" Family teaches us about God, He designed it. Marriage teaches us about Christ, God designed it that way. Romans 1, in fact says all of creation expresses the nature of God.