BANNED
Banned
He didnt say He did...He didn't live as if He did

John simplifies it to "Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did."

He never had Sunday ham...

I said
Two covenants(testaments).

Gal 4:22-31
22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons: the one by a bondwoman, the other by a freewoman.
23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise,
24 which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar--
25 for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children--
26 but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all.
27 For it is written: "Rejoice, O barren, you who do not bear! Break forth and shout, you who are not in labor! For the desolate has many more children than she who has a husband."
28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise.
29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now.
30 Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? "Cast out the bondwoman and her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman."
31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
Two covenants(testaments).

Gal 4:22-31
22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons: the one by a bondwoman, the other by a freewoman.
23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise,
24 which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar--
25 for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children--
26 but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all.
27 For it is written: "Rejoice, O barren, you who do not bear! Break forth and shout, you who are not in labor! For the desolate has many more children than she who has a husband."
28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise.
29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now.
30 Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? "Cast out the bondwoman and her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman."
31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free.
(NKJ)

So...

What does this have to do with Him bringing in new laws that cancel out the old... even counter them?

Is His house divided some doing one set of rules and then others doing another list?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
So...

What does this have to do with Him bringing in new laws that cancel out the old... even counter them?

Is His house divided some doing one set of rules and then others doing another list?

I said
Sort of. Even in Christianity some are in the milk understanding and some are in the meat understanding.
Some like you hold onto the past and are still worshiping in the flesh And its a big shock to you to meat one who worships in the Spirit like me. I gave you more than enough verses to see the truth. If you cant see it your flesh is still to strong for you.

clefty

I said
Sort of. Even in Christianity some are in the milk understanding and some are in the meat understanding.
Some like you hold onto the past and are still worshiping in the flesh And its a big shock to you to meat one who worships in the Spirit like me. I gave you more than enough verses to see the truth. If you cant see it your flesh is still to strong for you.

Lol sort of?

So somebody in the milk understanding changes the rules as they understand more the meat?

Or does the rules change them?

All this milk and meat is obvious you even missed that Romans 14 is about fasting...and Colossians were to be judged by the church only...the body of Christ

It is quite easy to live AS He did...kinda like children playing Simon says or drinking milk...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Lol sort of?

So somebody in the milk understanding changes the rules as they understand more the meat?

Or does the rules change them?

All this milk and meat is obvious you even missed that Romans 14 is about fasting...and Colossians were to be judged by the church only...the body of Christ

It is quite easy to live AS He did...kinda like children playing Simon says or drinking milk...

I said
Like I said you can believe what ever you want. I'm only sharing what the Holy Spirit gave me.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Look you can believe anything you want. Everything up until John the Baptist is the law. And if you keep anything that Jesus hasn't brought over to the new testament you have fallen from grace.

Luke 16:16
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
(NKJ)

Matt 11:12-13
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
(NKJ)

John 10:8
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:1-4

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

clefty

Look you can believe anything you want. Everything up until John the Baptist is the law. And if you keep anything that Jesus hasn't brought over to the new testament you have fallen from grace.

Luke 16:16
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
(NKJ)

Matt 11:12-13
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
(NKJ)

John 10:8
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:1-4

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

Ok...we good then...He brought the Sabbath into the NT as He instructed we pray that it not be broken with our flight in time of troubles...which occured after He died rose and went back to heaven

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Ok...we good then...He brought the Sabbath into the NT as He instructed we pray that it not be broken with our flight in time of troubles...which occured after He died rose and went back to heaven

I said
If you keep it that is ok. If you don't keep it that is ok.

Rom 14:1-10

1 Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things.
2 For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables.
3 Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him.
4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself.
8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's.
9 For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living.
10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
If you keep it that is ok. If you don't keep it that is ok.

Rom 14:1-10

1 Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things.
2 For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables.
3 Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him.
4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself.
8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's.
9 For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living.
10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
(NKJ)

This scripture text deals with he who eats or doesn't eat and which day...

Please stop adding to the word...

http://lifehopeandtruth.com/bible/10-commandments/sabbath/romans-14-sabbath/

You are deceiving and making Him out to be a liar...

He said "think not" that things are changed...but here you are again doing just that

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
This scripture text deals with he who eats or doesn't eat and which day...

Please stop adding to the word...

http://lifehopeandtruth.com/bible/10-commandments/sabbath/romans-14-sabbath/

You are deceiving and making Him out to be a liar...

He said "think not" that things are changed...but here you are again doing just that

I said
Again all you have is the milk understanding. And you can only see one answer. I suggest you find the Holy Spirit and learn from Him. He will lead you into the meat understanding.

1 Cor 3:2-3
2 I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able;
3 for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men?
(NKJ)

What I am doing is demonstrating the Spirit.

1 Cor 2:2-7
2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
3 I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling.
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
6 However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Law Of Christ

Gal 6:2-5
2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
3 For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself.
4 But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.
5 For each one shall bear his own load.
John 15:14
14 "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
Luke 12:4-5
4 "And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
5 "But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!
John 10:8-11
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
10 "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
11 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.
Rom 2:12-29
12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law
13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;
14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves,
15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)
16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.
17 Indeed you are called a Jew, and rest on the law, and make your boast in God,
18 and know His will, and approve the things that are excellent, being instructed out of the law,
19 and are confident that you yourself are a guide to the blind, a light to those who are in darkness,
20 an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, having the form of knowledge and truth in the law.
21 You, therefore, who teach another, do you not teach yourself? You who preach that a man should not steal, do you steal?
22 You who say, "Do not commit adultery," do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples?
23 You who make your boast in the law, do you dishonor God through breaking the law?
24 For "The name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you," as it is written.
25 For circumcision is indeed profitable if you keep the law; but if you are a breaker of the law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision.
26 Therefore, if an uncircumcised man keeps the righteous requirements of the law, will not his uncircumcision be counted as circumcision?
27 And will not the physically uncircumcised, if he fulfills the law, judge you who, even with your written code and circumcision, are a transgressor of the law?
28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh;
29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.
Rom 8:1-8
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
(NKJ)
xxx The law of Christ is to walk after the Holy Spirit. And the Holy Spirit only quotes verses.
There are two verses about the law of Christ in the Bible. One verse says that we are to bear one another's burdens. The other verse in another translation (from the NASB) says, instead of under the law of Christ, under law toward Christ.

1 Corinthians 9:19-21 NKJV - 19 For though I am free from all [men], I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; 20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those [who are] under the law, as under the law, that I might win those [who are] under the law; 21 to those [who are] without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those [who are] without law;

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
There are two verses about the law of Christ in the Bible. One verse says that we are to bear one another's burdens. The other verse in another translation (from the NASB) says, instead of under the law of Christ, under law toward Christ.

1 Corinthians 9:19-21 NKJV - 19 For though I am free from all [men], I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; 20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those [who are] under the law, as under the law, that I might win those [who are] under the law; 21 to those [who are] without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those [who are] without law;

I said
You know it only has to say it once to be valid.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
You know it only has to say it once to be valid.
I have thought about what the phrase law of Christ means.

Now when I look at the two instances in the Bible I see the word law in law of Christ is a different word one reference from the other.

1 Corinthians 9:21 NASB - to those[G3588] who are without[G459] law,[G459] as without[G459] law,[G459] though not being[G1510] without[G459] the law[G459] of God[G2316] but under[G1772] the law[G1772] of Christ,[G5547] so[G2443] that I might win[G2770] those[G3588] who are without[G459] law.[G459]

Galatians 6:2 NASB - Bear[G941] one[G240] another's[G240] burdens,[G922] and thereby[G3779] fulfill[G378] the law[G3551] of Christ.[G5547]

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I have thought about what the phrase law of Christ means.

Now when I look at the two instances in the Bible I see the word law in law of Christ is a different word one reference from the other.

1 Corinthians 9:21 NASB - to those[G3588] who are without[G459] law,[G459] as without[G459] law,[G459] though not being[G1510] without[G459] the law[G459] of God[G2316] but under[G1772] the law[G1772] of Christ,[G5547] so[G2443] that I might win[G2770] those[G3588] who are without[G459] law.[G459]

Galatians 6:2 NASB - Bear[G941] one[G240] another's[G240] burdens,[G922] and thereby[G3779] fulfill[G378] the law[G3551] of Christ.[G5547]

I said
The law of Christ is the new testament. And by grace we received it from God.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
What did you do with it after you received it?

I said
I purged my mind of all carnality until I could obey every word.

Matt 4:4
4 But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
That is obvious. But isn't that why we trade talents to learn by.
I don't even know what you are talking about here. I don't know what you mean by we trade talents to learn by. I don't know if this should even be relevant to me. I don't know what you are talking about. Because I don't know I don't know if I should here be learning something new from you, that is, what you mean. Or, even if I am then responsible for what you say here (what you have said here in this post and what you are saying to me or what you might be saying to me if you choose to share) and if you do explain if I would be tempted to do things the way you do, which I do not want to do. It is my hope that you would come to understand scripture, and understand it as God wants you to understand it.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I don't even know what you are talking about here. I don't know what you mean by we trade talents to learn by. I don't know if this should even be relevant to me. I don't know what you are talking about. Because I don't know I don't know if I should here be learning something new from you, that is, what you mean. Or, even if I am then responsible for what you say here (what you have said here in this post and what you are saying to me or what you might be saying to me if you choose to share) and if you do explain if I would be tempted to do things the way you do, which I do not want to do. It is my hope that you would come to understand scripture, and understand it as God wants you to understand it.

I said

Matt 25:14-30
14 "For the kingdom of heaven is like a man traveling to a far country, who called his own servants and delivered his goods to them.
15 "And to one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one, to each according to his own ability; and immediately he went on a journey.
16 "Then he who had received the five talents went and traded with them, and made another five talents.
17 "And likewise he who had received two gained two more also.
18 "But he who had received one went and dug in the ground, and hid his lord's money.
19 "After a long time the lord of those servants came and settled accounts with them.
20 "So he who had received five talents came and brought five other talents, saying, 'Lord, you delivered to me five talents; look, I have gained five more talents besides them.'
21 "His lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.'
22 "He also who had received two talents came and said, 'Lord, you delivered to me two talents; look, I have gained two more talents besides them.'
23 "His lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.'
24 "Then he who had received the one talent came and said, 'Lord, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you have not sown, and gathering where you have not scattered seed.
25 'And I was afraid, and went and hid your talent in the ground. Look, there you have what is yours.'
26 "But his lord answered and said to him, 'You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed.
27 'So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest.
28 'Therefore take the talent from him, and give it to him who has ten talents.
29 'For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away.
30 'And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said

Matt 25:14-30
14 "For the kingdom of heaven is like a man traveling to a far country, who called his own servants and delivered his goods to them.
15 "And to one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one, to each according to his own ability; and immediately he went on a journey.
16 "Then he who had received the five talents went and traded with them, and made another five talents.
17 "And likewise he who had received two gained two more also.
18 "But he who had received one went and dug in the ground, and hid his lord's money.
19 "After a long time the lord of those servants came and settled accounts with them.
20 "So he who had received five talents came and brought five other talents, saying, 'Lord, you delivered to me five talents; look, I have gained five more talents besides them.'
21 "His lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.'
22 "He also who had received two talents came and said, 'Lord, you delivered to me two talents; look, I have gained two more talents besides them.'
23 "His lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.'
24 "Then he who had received the one talent came and said, 'Lord, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you have not sown, and gathering where you have not scattered seed.
25 'And I was afraid, and went and hid your talent in the ground. Look, there you have what is yours.'
26 "But his lord answered and said to him, 'You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed.
27 'So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest.
28 'Therefore take the talent from him, and give it to him who has ten talents.
29 'For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away.
30 'And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'
(NKJ)
I see the scripture here. Do you understand it? It is not what you were saying.