The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Foundation.....

Foundation.....

Most likely because the material being presented by you 3, came from an "Occult" beginning, and went downhill after that?

The reality of 'God' is Self-evident, being that very essence of life inherent in 'being', the soul of creation, the living Spirit.

God IS.

By understanding the first 5 papers of this text, you'll have a foundational knowledge-base upon which the entire revelation stands, for the Universal Father is the First Source and Center. These are fundamental truths, from which to build.

Consider the Foundation.

1:0.1 THE Universal Father is the God of all creation, the First Source and Center of all things and beings.

1:2.1 God is primal reality in the spirit world; God is the source of truth in the mind spheres; God overshadows all throughout the material realms. To all created intelligences God is a personality, and to the universe of universes he is the First Source and Center of eternal reality. God is neither manlike nor machinelike. The First Father is universal spirit, eternal truth, infinite reality, and father personality.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

The reality of 'God' is Self-evident, being that very essence of life inherent in 'being', the soul of creation, the living Spirit.

God IS.

By understanding the first 5 papers of this text, you'll have a foundational knowledge-base upon which the entire revelation stands, for the Universal Father is the First Source and Center. These are fundamental truths, from which to build.

Consider the Foundation.

pj

The "Urantia Book" has as its foundation, the imagination of mere
men combined with a possible demonic interaction! Another
possibility being; it's a fraud perpetrated by an imaginative
group of individuals, seeking to entrap a number of "naive"
and weak-minded persons, with a need to believe anything, but
the truth? Personally, I believe the "Urantians" to be a 'step-
child' of L.Ron Hubbards, Scientology!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I Am......

I Am......

Yeah, we know you guys like to mix your "Urantia Fables" in
with the "truths" of the Holy Scriptures! You end up with a
"Hybrid, UFO Cosmic Cult, that ONLY makes sense to you 3?

It may do you well to understand the Christian doctrine of 'theosis' (divinization) or 'henosis'. It would also serve you to familiarize yourself with the Bible as well, since the indwelling of the Spirit is pretty standard in the NT. Your body-mind is the temple.

Did you forget there is a Spirit, Holy Spirit, Spirit of truth, Spirit of God, Spirit of Christ, 7-fold Spirit-ministration, and other multiple/diverse Spirit expressions/manifestations/functions of THE ONE SPIRIT? God is One. God is all. - but The One distributes itself in manifold expression relative to creation and association of personalities. One Father-Mother, many offspring. From here we have the Trinity-conception as the fountain-head of relationships as well, which the papers go into great depth concerning 'The Paradise Trinity'.

pj

journey

Yeah, we know you guys like to mix your "Urantia Fables" in
with the "truths" of the Holy Scriptures! You end up with a
"Hybrid, UFO Cosmic Cult, that ONLY makes sense to you 3?

Yes, they do this, and Christians don't like it. Adding to or taking away from the Holy Bible is obviously wrong. Mixing it with the urantia nonsense is really wrong, and I'm sure that God doesn't appreciate that. There will be an accounting for this one day.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Progressive revelation.......

Progressive revelation.......

Yes, they do this, and Christians don't like it. Adding to or taking away from the Holy Bible is obviously wrong. Mixing it with the urantia nonsense is really wrong, and I'm sure that God doesn't appreciate that. There will be an accounting for this one day.

The Bible is a religious text that does not present itself as a final, perfect or infallible revelation of truth, since it is limited to the cultural-context of its creation serving a particular community and other factors that render human language or revelation limited to its dispensation in space-time. Revelation is progressive as man evolves and becomes more receptable and ready for new insights of truth, thru 'revelation' (beyond what the normal path of evolution allows). - hence the epochal revelations given to the planet,....the coming of Jesus was the 4th epochal revelation, the UB claims to represent the 5th epochal revelation.

I'm sure 'God' doesn't mind people being receptive to new enhanced larger concepts of truth, religion, science or philosophy,....since creation evolves, intelligence expands, life prospers, unfolding its innate potential. The INFINITE cannot be contained in or wholly limted to any one religious cult or book, let alone the finite mind of man, but recognized and guided along the path of progressive revelation.

pj

Zeke

The Bible is a religious text that does not present itself as a final, perfect or infallible revelation of truth, since it is limited to the cultural-context of its creation serving a particular community and other factors that render human language or revelation limited to its dispensation in space-time. Revelation is progressive as man evolves and becomes more receptable and ready for new insights of truth, thru 'revelation' (beyond what the normal path of evolution allows). - hence the epochal revelations given to the planet,....the coming of Jesus was the 4th epochal revelation, the UB claims to represent the 5th epochal revelation.

I'm sure 'God' doesn't mind people being receptive to new enhanced larger concepts of truth, religion, science or philosophy,....since creation evolves, intelligence expands, life prospers, unfolding its innate potential. The INFINITE cannot be contained in or wholly limted to any one religious cult or book, let alone the finite mind of man, but recognized and guided along the path of progressive revelation.

pj

75 trillions cells (human body) make up the kingdom of God, all having the ability to coexist with each other and work together in ways the infant stages of Conscience is just beginning to understand the complex information stored in them, yet these caged :confused: monkeys want to explore the shadow the kingdom casts. Dorthy wake up.

journey

pj

NEGATIVE - you would be wrong:

Revelation 22:18-19 KJV 18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Zeke

Revelation 22:18-19 KJV 18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Yet the spirit has no text, plus the threat is for those who worship letters and the artificial world created by them, no fear in perfect love so the curse has no effect on the living who follow no script for truth. it just is like it has always been.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The incarnation of Christ Michael:

(1510.3) 136:1.6 "There was one feature of the bestowal of Michael which was utterly foreign to the Jewish conception of the Messiah, and that was the union of the two natures, the human and the divine. The Jews had variously conceived of the Messiah as perfected human, superhuman, and even as divine, but they never entertained the concept of the union of the human and the divine. And this was the great stumbling block of Jesus’ early disciples. They grasped the human concept of the Messiah as the son of David, as presented by the earlier prophets; as the Son of Man, the superhuman idea of Daniel and some of the later prophets; and even as the Son of God, as depicted by the author of the Book of Enoch and by certain of his contemporaries; but never had they for a single moment entertained the true concept of the union in one earth personality of the two natures, the human and the divine. The incarnation of the Creator in the form of the creature had not been revealed beforehand. It was revealed only in Jesus; the world knew nothing of such things until the Creator Son was made flesh and dwelt among the mortals of the realm."​

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Important points on 'progressive revelation'.....

Important points on 'progressive revelation'.....

Hello journey,

I gather my commentary is according to right principles and logic, since 'revelation' is 'progressive'. Therefore the the onward flow of 'revelation' is indeed, a 'positive' as far we're concerned.

Also important to note, that the passage you quote above ONLY pertains to the prophecy which is in the book of Revelation itself, and not necessarily the whole collection of books canonized over time, called the 'holy bible'. Notice above, its talking of the book of THIS prophecy,...so it pertains to that specific revelation. One could assume it speaks of the entire collection of books added to make up the bible over many eras,..but lets be realistic. Remember 'context'.

~*~*~

There have been 5 ephochal revelations to the planet according to the papers. Jesus incarnation (bestowal), life and ministry here was the 4th,...the Urantia Papers coming later are the 5th epochal revelation, let us note the underlined text below from Paper 92 on 'The Later Evolution of Religion' -

5. The Urantia Papers. The papers, of which this is one, constitute the most recent presentation of truth to the mortals of Urantia. These papers differ from all previous revelations, for they are not the work of a single universe personality but a composite presentation by many beings. But no revelation short of the attainment of the Universal Father can ever be complete. All other celestial ministrations are no more than partial, transient, and practically adapted to local conditions in time and space. While such admissions as this may possibly detract from the immediate force and authority of all revelations, the time has arrived on Urantia when it is advisable to make such frank statements, even at the risk of weakening the future influence and authority of this, the most recent of the revelations of truth to the mortal races of Urantia.

NOTE, that the UB itself affirms the truth, that all revelations appropriated to the circumstances and situations in the material worlds of space-time, are 'partial', 'transient', 'attenuated' to the particular conditions of those realms where given, since they are modified to make such 'adaptations' as necessary. This makes even the Urantia Papers, incomplete or imperfect in the greater context of full and revealed TRUTH, since this 5th epochal revelation itself is given for a certain dispensational period until its usefulness is exhausted and another revelation arises to meet the needs of the times. This puts all other previous dispensations revealed in the Bible and all other religious traditions also subject to the conditions of space and time, adaptable and appropriate within those time periods, ready to be replaced by better and new dispensations of light. So you see, the UB does not hold a dogmatic or finalized presentation of itself, but freely ADMITS its own subjectivity to space and time, until a better revelation comes forth, since all revelations short of the full revelation of The Father himself (in His paradise perfection) are imperfect.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
transcending language......

transcending language......

Yet the spirit has no text, plus the threat is for those who worship letters and the artificial world created by them, no fear in perfect love so the curse has no effect on the living who follow no script for truth. it just is like it has always been.

We might add here upfront, that while the book of Revelation is full of cryptic symbology and esoteric codes as it were,....its calibration on a spiritual value level is quite low, since this text is full of a fear and wrath based belief-system, and has been used by some of a lower level integrity, to enforce a primitive punishment based system of government, all the more fuel for a war-mongering 'God' who finally puts unrepentant sinners and fallen angels into a lake of fire, there to endure endless torment to no end. We've exposed the concept of 'eternal conscious torment' (ECT) here.

Lets also recall the the book of Revelation barely made it into the NT canon, as it was rejected by some earlier notables, as being too cryptic, insignificant (not having any of the sayings/teachings of Jesus) and some other eschatological quirks,....so...its value on the whole is questionable. I find some passages most wonderful, and there are some who allegorize aspects in the book with the anatomy of the human body, so this becomes a metaphysical text about man, rather than a prophetic timetable of exterior events, being a mirror of man's own psychological journey.

pj

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The incarnation of Christ Michael:

(1510.3) 136:1.6 "There was one feature of the bestowal of Michael which was utterly foreign to the Jewish conception of the Messiah, and that was the union of the two natures, the human and the divine. The Jews had variously conceived of the Messiah as perfected human, superhuman, and even as divine, but they never entertained the concept of the union of the human and the divine. And this was the great stumbling block of Jesus’ early disciples. They grasped the human concept of the Messiah as the son of David, as presented by the earlier prophets; as the Son of Man, the superhuman idea of Daniel and some of the later prophets; and even as the Son of God, as depicted by the author of the Book of Enoch and by certain of his contemporaries; but never had they for a single moment entertained the true concept of the union in one earth personality of the two natures, the human and the divine. The incarnation of the Creator in the form of the creature had not been revealed beforehand. It was revealed only in Jesus; the world knew nothing of such things until the Creator Son was made flesh and dwelt among the mortals of the realm."​

yes, caino. that's where (when) Paul comes in. see, free & cain, i've already thought the things you guys think and talk about. you can't possibly believe i've thought ALL the same things, and i'm not saying that. i have, however, been through these thought processes as I have been Blessed with massive chunks of free-time. i think alot, and do not limit my mind. the point is, i have gone through the thought processes that you are now. i've determined that God Is Jesus Christ, The Truth, The Way and The Life. that says it all ! do me a personal favor, and just read the New Testament again. start with Acts. 2 hours tops. then the rest up to Revelation. an hour each (or less), epistle and book. then The Gospels again, or at least one. then Revelation makes more sense. then get back in the OT. and repeat, as needed. (everyday). just HEAR what it tells you ! if The Bible doesn't blow your mind way more than any other book, you may never find what you're really looking for, which is, a Return To God. you (we) lose sight of God, and start relying on our own understanding. it's what God wants (US back), and what we want too. sometimes we never get that far. so, go back again to The Bible, armed with what you already know. don't look for contradictions, but concordance, always knowing that The Bible IS the final authority. stop nitpicking, it doesn't do any good trying to connect The Bible with "other" books that deceptively "tweek a few details". otherwise, try to find atlantis or something tangible - :juggle:

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Good post!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

God IS.

Consider the Foundation.

pj

I think there's some mental problems with you and your ilk FL!
For sure you guys are "spiritually deprived" (of your own accord)
but, beyond that, there has to be some form of mental disturbance
within "cultists" such as yourself?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
yes, caino. that's where (when) Paul comes in. see, free & cain, i've already thought the things you guys think and talk about. you can't possibly believe i've thought ALL the same things, and i'm not saying that. i have, however, been through these thought processes as I have been Blessed with massive chunks of free-time. i think alot, and do not limit my mind. the point is, i have gone through the thought processes that you are now. i've determined that God Is Jesus Christ, The Truth, The Way and The Life. that says it all ! do me a personal favor, and just read the New Testament again. start with Acts. 2 hours tops. then the rest up to Revelation. an hour each (or less), epistle and book. then The Gospels again, or at least one. then Revelation makes more sense. then get back in the OT. and repeat, as needed. (everyday). just HEAR what it tells you ! if The Bible doesn't blow your mind way more than any other book, you may never find what you're really looking for, which is, a Return To God. you (we) lose sight of God, and start relying on our own understanding. it's what God wants (US back), and what we want too. sometimes we never get that far. so, go back again to The Bible, armed with what you already know. don't look for contradictions, but concordance, always knowing that The Bible IS the final authority. stop nitpicking, it doesn't do any good trying to connect The Bible with "other" books that deceptively "tweek a few details". otherwise, try to find atlantis or something tangible - :juggle:

I've been a student of the Bible and the UB for most of my life, I grew up in Christianity. God is the final authority, I believe that books about him, weather written, and rewritten by men or written by celestial beings are always relative.

This is a clip from the UB from the Jesus papers where Jesus talks privately about the scriptures. I believe what Jesus is saying in this, my heart resonates with this. God within me validates this truth, but naturally a Bible worshiper would not be prepared to accept it:

The Talk with Nathaniel

(1767.3) 159:4.1 And then went Jesus over to Abila, where Nathaniel and his associates labored. Nathaniel was much bothered by some of Jesus’ pronouncements which seemed to detract from the authority of the recognized Hebrew scriptures. Accordingly, on this night, after the usual period of questions and answers, Nathaniel took Jesus away from the others and asked: “Master, could you trust me to know the truth about the Scriptures? I observe that you teach us only a portion of the sacred writings — the best as I view it — and I infer that you reject the teachings of the rabbis to the effect that the words of the law are the very words of God, having been with God in heaven even before the times of Abraham and Moses. What is the truth about the Scriptures?” When Jesus heard the question of his bewildered apostle, he answered:

(1767.4) 159:4.2 “Nathaniel, you have rightly judged; I do not regard the Scriptures as do the rabbis. I will talk with you about this matter on condition that you do not relate these things to your brethren, who are not all prepared to receive this teaching. The words of the law of Moses and the teachings of the Scriptures were not in existence before Abraham. Only in recent times have the Scriptures been gathered together as we now have them. While they contain the best of the higher thoughts and longings of the Jewish people, they also contain much that is far from being representative of the character and teachings of the Father in heaven; wherefore must I choose from among the better teachings those truths which are to be gleaned for the gospel of the kingdom.

(1767.5) 159:4.3 “These writings are the work of men, some of them holy men, others not so holy. The teachings of these books represent the views and extent of enlightenment of the times in which they had their origin. As a revelation of truth, the last are more dependable than the first. The Scriptures are faulty and altogether human in origin, but mistake not, they do constitute the best collection of religious wisdom and spiritual truth to be found in all the world at this time.

(1767.6) 159:4.4 “Many of these books were not written by the persons whose names they bear, but that in no way detracts from the value of the truths which they contain. If the story of Jonah should not be a fact, even if Jonah had never lived, still would the profound truth of this narrative, the love of God for Nineveh and the so-called heathen, be none the less precious in the eyes of all those who love their fellow men. The Scriptures are sacred because they present the thoughts and acts of men who were searching for God, and who in these writings left on record their highest concepts of righteousness, truth, and holiness. The Scriptures contain much that is true, very much, but in the light of your present teaching, you know that these writings also contain much that is misrepresentative of the Father in heaven, the loving God I have come to reveal to all the worlds.

(1768.1) 159:4.5 “Nathaniel, never permit yourself for one moment to believe the Scripture records which tell you that the God of love directed your forefathers to go forth in battle to slay all their enemies — men, women, and children. Such records are the words of men, not very holy men, and they are not the word of God. The Scriptures always have, and always will, reflect the intellectual, moral, and spiritual status of those who create them. Have you not noted that the concepts of Yahweh grow in beauty and glory as the prophets make their records from Samuel to Isaiah? And you should remember that the Scriptures are intended for religious instruction and spiritual guidance. They are not the works of either historians or philosophers.

(1768.2) 159:4.6 “The thing most deplorable is not merely this erroneous idea of the absolute perfection of the Scripture record and the infallibility of its teachings, but rather the confusing misinterpretation of these sacred writings by the tradition-enslaved scribes and Pharisees at Jerusalem. And now will they employ both the doctrine of the inspiration of the Scriptures and their misinterpretations thereof in their determined effort to withstand these newer teachings of the gospel of the kingdom. Nathaniel, never forget, the Father does not limit the revelation of truth to any one generation or to any one people. Many earnest seekers after the truth have been, and will continue to be, confused and disheartened by these doctrines of the perfection of the Scriptures.

(1768.3) 159:4.7 “The authority of truth is the very spirit that indwells its living manifestations, and not the dead words of the less illuminated and supposedly inspired men of another generation. And even if these holy men of old lived inspired and spirit-filled lives, that does not mean that their words were similarly spiritually inspired. Today we make no record of the teachings of this gospel of the kingdom lest, when I have gone, you speedily become divided up into sundry groups of truth contenders as a result of the diversity of your interpretation of my teachings. For this generation it is best that we live these truths while we shun the making of records.

(1768.4) 159:4.8 “Mark you well my words, Nathaniel, nothing which human nature has touched can be regarded as infallible. Through the mind of man divine truth may indeed shine forth, but always of relative purity and partial divinity. The creature may crave infallibility, but only the Creators possess it.

(1768.5) 159:4.9 “But the greatest error of the teaching about the Scriptures is the doctrine of their being sealed books of mystery and wisdom which only the wise minds of the nation dare to interpret. The revelations of divine truth are not sealed except by human ignorance, bigotry, and narrow-minded intolerance. The light of the Scriptures is only dimmed by prejudice and darkened by superstition. A false fear of sacredness has prevented religion from being safeguarded by common sense. The fear of the authority of the sacred writings of the past effectively prevents the honest souls of today from accepting the new light of the gospel, the light which these very God-knowing men of another generation so intensely longed to see.

(1769.1) 159:4.10 “But the saddest feature of all is the fact that some of the teachers of the sanctity of this traditionalism know this very truth. They more or less fully understand these limitations of Scripture, but they are moral cowards, intellectually dishonest. They know the truth regarding the sacred writings, but they prefer to withhold such disturbing facts from the people. And thus do they pervert and distort the Scriptures, making them the guide to slavish details of the daily life and an authority in things nonspiritual instead of appealing to the sacred writings as the repository of the moral wisdom, religious inspiration, and the spiritual teaching of the God-knowing men of other generations.”

(1769.2) 159:4.11 Nathaniel was enlightened, and shocked, by the Master’s pronouncement. He long pondered this talk in the depths of his soul, but he told no man concerning this conference until after Jesus’ ascension; and even then he feared to impart the full story of the Master’s instruction.​

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
We might add here upfront, that while the book of Revelation is full of cryptic symbology and esoteric codes as it were,....its calibration on a spiritual value level is quite low, since this text is full of a fear and wrath based belief-system, and has been used by some of a lower level integrity, to enforce a primitive punishment based system of government, all the more fuel for a war-mongering 'God' who finally puts unrepentant sinners and fallen angels into a lake of fire, there to endure endless torment to no end. We've exposed the concept of 'eternal conscious torment' (ECT) here.

Lets also recall the the book of Revelation barely made it into the NT canon, as it was rejected by some earlier notables, as being too cryptic, insignificant (not having any of the sayings/teachings of Jesus) and some other eschatological quirks,....so...its value on the whole is questionable. I find some passages most wonderful, and there are some who allegorize aspects in the book with the anatomy of the human body, so this becomes a metaphysical text about man, rather than a prophetic timetable of exterior events, being a mirror of man's own psychological journey.

pj

If revelations were removed from the 66 book bible, all the mathematical results will turn into not being perfectly divisible by 7 and other numbers. God caused writers, who lived in different places and different times never knowing each other, to write in such a way to make all of the 66 books perfectly divisible by certian numbers at the end results of complete scriptures . Long story but revelations were inspired by God, not men so it can't be translated as not being written by sources outside men.

In other words, if men didn't write them then who did?

Its like you saying UB wasn't written by men but an ______ ...

Caino

BANNED
Banned
If revelations were removed from the 66 book bible, all the mathematical results will turn into not being perfectly divisible by 7 and other numbers. God caused writers, who lived in different places and different times never knowing each other, to write in such a way to make all of the 66 books perfectly divisible by certian numbers at the end results of complete scriptures . Long story but revelations were inspired by God, not men so it can't be translated as not being written by sources outside men.

In other words, if men didn't write them then who did?

Its like you saying UB wasn't written by men but an ______ ...

For what it's worth:

(1555.6) 139:4.13 John was in prison several times and was banished to the Isle of Patmos for a period of four years until another emperor came to power in Rome. Had not John been tactful and sagacious, he would undoubtedly have been killed as was his more outspoken brother James. As the years passed, John, together with James the Lord’s brother, learned to practice wise conciliation when they appeared before the civil magistrates. They found that a “soft answer turns away wrath.” They also learned to represent the church as a “spiritual brotherhood devoted to the social service of mankind” rather than as “the kingdom of heaven.” They taught loving service rather than ruling power — kingdom and king.

(1555.7) 139:4.14 When in temporary exile on Patmos, John wrote the Book of Revelation, which you now have in greatly abridged and distorted form. This Book of Revelation contains the surviving fragments of a great revelation, large portions of which were lost, other portions of which were removed, subsequent to John’s writing. It is preserved in only fragmentary and adulterated form.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
For what it's worth:

(1555.6) 139:4.13 John was in prison several times and was banished to the Isle of Patmos for a period of four years until another emperor came to power in Rome. Had not John been tactful and sagacious, he would undoubtedly have been killed as was his more outspoken brother James. As the years passed, John, together with James the Lord’s brother, learned to practice wise conciliation when they appeared before the civil magistrates. They found that a “soft answer turns away wrath.” They also learned to represent the church as a “spiritual brotherhood devoted to the social service of mankind” rather than as “the kingdom of heaven.” They taught loving service rather than ruling power — kingdom and king.

(1555.7) 139:4.14 When in temporary exile on Patmos, John wrote the Book of Revelation, which you now have in greatly abridged and distorted form. This Book of Revelation contains the surviving fragments of a great revelation, large portions of which were lost, other portions of which were removed, subsequent to John’s writing. It is preserved in only fragmentary and adulterated form.

I've read too many claims of this and that over the 50 years of my life so all I can do is read what you post without my opinions of them.

This sort of reminds me of those puritain books on thier different views on the revelations. Jesus did tell the apostles that the second coming will happen before the last of the apostles die. They claimed John witnessed the last days around 68-70 AD where Nero was the antichrist and Jerusalem was destroyed. They backed their claims with old testament verses and in my own eyes they all matched perfectly . That makes the MAD, here, arguments dead as a rock. I liked the old testament proof texts from the puritains views than the crazy endless words from those who look too much into the future. The future changes too much and make dispensationism a joke of the universe.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I've read too many claims of this and that over the 50 years of my life so all I can do is read what you post without my opinions of them.

This sort of reminds me of those puritain books on thier different views on the revelations. Jesus did tell the apostles that the second coming will happen before the last of the apostles die. They claimed John witnessed the last days around 68-70 AD where Nero was the antichrist and Jerusalem was destroyed. They backed their claims with old testament verses and in my own eyes they all matched perfectly . That makes the MAD, here, arguments dead as a rock. I liked the old testament proof texts from the puritains views than the crazy endless words from those who look too much into the future. The future changes too much and make dispensationism a joke of the universe.

I understand, I believe scripture is mostly human speculation about real events.

"While personal religion precedes the evolution of human morals, it is regretfully recorded that institutional religion has invariably lagged behind the slowly changing mores of the human races. Organized religion has proved to be conservatively tardy. The prophets have usually led the people in religious development; the theologians have usually held them back. Religion, being a matter of inner or personal experience, can never develop very far in advance of the intellectual evolution of the races." UB 55

Status
Not open for further replies.