The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
ACIM............

ACIM............

I've read the first 1/4 of the UB and 3/4 of course in miracles. Two different books.
What does UB have to say about course in miracles?

Hi TB,

We cover this earlier on this thread from pages 76 - 82 (going over similarities/differences)....responding to chrysostom's question about ACIM (A Course in Miracles). Damian chimes in, when he was more into it, while I took over the ACIM Q&A thread (our best thread on ACIM, but no longer extant), and continued a progressive commentary series on some of the beginning chapters.

~*~*~

We only have a few sparse threads on ACIM -

Against ACIM

ACIM: what is the goal?

ACIM: need opinions of (my latest post on ACIM proper was here on this thread).

~*~*~

The books are incomparable (except for some agreement/synthesis on spiritual principles or psychology), however some manage to reconcile teachings in both or choose one over the other.

If you've read 1/4 of the UB, are you speaking of the Foreword and Part 1 & 2 (reading from the beginning), because that would indicate you've read at least 400 pages which would include the whole of Part 1 and getting into Part 2.

Also re: ACIM, you've read almost all of it from the beginning? 3/4? Not to get nit-picky here, but if you're going to specify, more details would be nice. So, from your reading, do you see any similarities or differences?

pj

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Hi TB,

We cover this earlier on this thread from pages 76 - 82 (going over similarities/differences)....responding to chrysostom's question about ACIM (A Course in Miracles). Damian chimes in, when he was more into it, while I took over the ACIM Q&A thread (our best thread on ACIM, but no longer extant), and continued a progressive commentary series on some of the beginning chapters.

~*~*~

We only have a few sparse threads on ACIM -

Against ACIM

ACIM: what is the goal?

ACIM: need opinions of (my latest post on ACIM proper was here on this thread).

~*~*~

The books are incomparable (except for some agreement/synthesis on spiritual principles or psychology), however some manage to reconcile teachings in both or choose one over the other.

If you've read 1/4 of the UB, are you speaking of the Foreword and Part 1 & 2 (reading from the beginning), because that would indicate you've read at least 400 pages which would include the whole of Part 1 and getting into Part 2.

Also re: ACIM, you've read almost all of it from the beginning? 3/4? Not to get nit-picky here, but if you're going to specify, more details would be nice. So, from your reading, do you see any similarities or differences?

pj

Been a long while on the course. I was reading a lot of others over time. The source writers for many of the books are probably through some sort of channeling.
Now I stopped reading books since I got my tablet. Even reading the tablet, I get tempted to get on the net or do art and stuff. Instead of reading over 40 years, I've become a doer. It time to do what I've learned. I'd like to do more zen if I can.
standing stake is my priority for now.

Letsargue

Been a long while on the course. I was reading a lot of others over time. The source writers for many of the books are probably through some sort of channeling.
Now I stopped reading books since I got my tablet. Even reading the tablet, I get tempted to get on the net or do art and stuff. Instead of reading over 40 years, I've become a doer. It time to do what I've learned. I'd like to do more zen if I can.
standing stake is my priority for now.

Carnal DOING Means Nothing to Christ; it's the SPIRITUAL Doing!!!!

Paul -- 010215

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Carnal DOING Means Nothing to Christ; it's the SPIRITUAL Doing!!!!

Paul -- 010215

God is doing the doing on His puppet, me. Whereever the strings go, I go. Can't do anything but watch the strings move me. That's doing.

Being an observer is doing.

Letsargue

God is doing the doing on His puppet, me. Whereever the strings go, I go. Can't do anything but watch the strings move me. That's doing.

Being an observer is doing.

((( NO!! )))!!!
(( John 6:63 KJV )) - 63- "It is the Spirit that quickeneth; the - "FLESH" - profiteth "Nothing": the Words that I speak unto you, they are "Spirit", and they are "Life"." --//---
SO do everything YOU Want that only Satan will have you to DO, Not Christ!!! -- There is NO Carnal anything with Christ, Just Satan!!!

Paul -- 010215

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
((( NO!! )))!!!
(( John 6:63 KJV )) - 63- "It is the Spirit that quickeneth; the - "FLESH" - profiteth "Nothing": the Words that I speak unto you, they are "Spirit", and they are "Life"." --//---
SO do everything YOU Want that only Satan will have you to DO, Not Christ!!! -- There is NO Carnal anything with Christ, Just Satan!!!

Paul -- 010215

\\\\\\\\\\YES/////////

The dead wooden puppet profiteth nothing.👍

Caino

BANNED
Banned

What Must I Do to Be Saved?

(1682.3) 150:5.1 One evening at Shunem, after John’s apostles had returned to Hebron, and after Jesus’ apostles had been sent out two and two, when the Master was engaged in teaching a group of twelve of the younger evangelists who were laboring under the direction of Jacob, together with the twelve women, Rachel asked Jesus this question: “Master, what shall we answer when women ask us, What shall I do to be saved?” When Jesus heard this question, he answered:

(1682.4) 150:5.2 “When men and women ask what shall we do to be saved, you shall answer, Believe this gospel of the kingdom; accept divine forgiveness. By faith recognize the indwelling spirit of God, whose acceptance makes you a son of God. Have you not read in the Scriptures where it says, ‘In the Lord have I righteousness and strength.’ Also where the Father says, ‘My righteousness is near; my salvation has gone forth, and my arms shall enfold my people.’ ‘My soul shall be joyful in the love of my God, for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation and has covered me with the robe of his righteousness.’ Have you not also read of the Father that his name ‘shall be called the Lord our righteousness.’ ‘Take away the filthy rags of self-righteousness and clothe my son with the robe of divine righteousness and eternal salvation.’ It is forever true, ‘the just shall live by faith.’ Entrance into the Father’s kingdom is wholly free, but progress — growth in grace — is essential to continuance therein.

(1682.5) 150:5.3 “Salvation is the gift of the Father and is revealed by his Sons. Acceptance by faith on your part makes you a partaker of the divine nature, a son or a daughter of God. By faith you are justified; by faith are you saved; and by this same faith are you eternally advanced in the way of progressive and divine perfection. By faith was Abraham justified and made aware of salvation by the teachings of Melchizedek. All down through the ages has this same faith saved the sons of men, but now has a Son come forth from the Father to make salvation more real and acceptable.”

(1683.1) 150:5.4 When Jesus had left off speaking, there was great rejoicing among those who had heard these gracious words, and they all went on in the days that followed proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom with new power and with renewed energy and enthusiasm. And the women rejoiced all the more to know they were included in these plans for the establishment of the kingdom on earth.

(1683.2) 150:5.5 In summing up his final statement, Jesus said: “You cannot buy salvation; you cannot earn righteousness. Salvation is the gift of God, and righteousness is the natural fruit of the spirit-born life of sonship in the kingdom. You are not to be saved because you live a righteous life; rather is it that you live a righteous life because you have already been saved, have recognized sonship as the gift of God and service in the kingdom as the supreme delight of life on earth. When men believe this gospel, which is a revelation of the goodness of God, they will be led to voluntary repentance of all known sin. Realization of sonship is incompatible with the desire to sin. Kingdom believers hunger for righteousness and thirst for divine perfection.”
UB 1955

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
What "must be done, according to my Beliefs" to be Saved;

[Acts 2:21 KJV] 21 And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

And see;

[Romans 10:13 KJV] 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

=M=

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

What Must I Do to Be Saved?

(1682.3) 150:5.1 One evening at Shunem, after John’s apostles had returned to Hebron, and after Jesus’ apostles had been sent out two and two, when the Master was engaged in teaching a group of twelve of the younger evangelists who were laboring under the direction of Jacob, together with the twelve women, Rachel asked Jesus this question: “Master, what shall we answer when women ask us, What shall I do to be saved?” When Jesus heard this question, he answered:

This isn't Scripture! It is made up! Hopefully, no one will
be naive enough to buy into it? This is, what they call;
Baloney!

Caino

BANNED
Banned

[Acts 2:21 KJV] 21 And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

And see;

[Romans 10:13 KJV] 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

=M=

Again, the new self proclaimed "chosen people" can't bring themselves to just go to Jesus, it has to be some letters written by secondary sources canonized by the Church in Rome that made Paul and the formerly human apostles equal to God.

Aimiel

Funny that you sarcastically put down someone as a 'secondary source' who wrote 2/3 of the New Testament meanwhile swallowing (whole) the writings of someone under demonic influence almost 2,000 years after Christ walked the earth. :duh:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
more than pop-tart scripture quotes.....

more than pop-tart scripture quotes.....

And see;

=M=

You apparently need to read the passage quoted a bit more carefully, for it would certainly include 'calling on the name of the Lord', since a life of faith and service to God in honor or Jesus includes prayer, repentance, doing God's will,....ever living in the consciousness of God, walking in the light. You will also note that the principle of 'faith' taught to Abraham by Melchizedek predates the mosaic law and its animal sacrifice-system, the levitical priesthood, and all its implications. Therefore, as the UB record heralds,...'faith' is the essential element or dynamic of ones relationship with God, and it carries one forward into service, community, eternal life and progress. The goodnews is you are a child of God, and God is your Father, and you can begin to realize this and the fruit of his kingdom in relationship with other sons of God, in love and faith....insuring your eternal progress.

There are many callings in the Lord that one summons in their spiritual journey, 'salvation' is not just a one-time 'calling' upon God, and 'presto'...you're saved kind of deal. There may special events and times of conversion of course along the path. Its a continual abiding, walking with, cooperating, coordinating, leading, guiding of the Spirit. Popping out a few 'proof-texts' or bible passages doesn't cut it most of the time, as these can be interpreted variously, so you'll have to elaborate or expound your points a bit better than just a drive by passage-quote. Again the goodnews is God's kingdom is in our midst, you as a child of God have opportunity to believe in God and his kingdom, access it by faith, and enjoy the spirit-fruits thereof. Your preconceived notion of what the gospel is cannot limit the full comprehension of the kingdom to include many more aspects and dimensions, which exist as you open up your mind and spirit to discover more.

pj

Aimiel

The one major problem with UB teaching is that it directly opposes what Christ said about His Blood:

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Those who don't partake of His Blood have NO LIFE in them. No eternal life. No spiritual life. Not born again. No fellowship with The Lord.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Against mental laziness and spiritual retardation....

Against mental laziness and spiritual retardation....

This isn't Scripture! It is made up! Hopefully, no one will
be naive enough to buy into it? This is, what they call;
Baloney!

What is deemed 'scripture' is a matter of belief, point of view and cult-conditioning,....it proves nothing else beyond what truth, ethic, principle or value the passages themselves contain, and how they can be interpreted. You are bound to a preconceived cage of dogmatic assumption, worshipping a book as 'perfect' or 'final', when such could never be, so such a 'belief' is another golden calf added to the pile of idolatrous images left in the dust-bin of time.

Truth is living, dynamic, real, alive,...and its something intuited, perceived, recognized within a writing, if the meanings and value of what is being presented are in fact, real, relatable and existing as a dynamic within the 'context' being shared. That's the key, since truth is truth wherever it is found,...not just because someone believes their religious 'book' is exclusive or is somehow more 'true' than another religious writing. It comes back again to your stamp of authenticity being a mere "because I say so". Its meaning, value and relevance has no bearing to anyone else but your own contextual frame, as a matter of assumed reference, or to others in that same 'belief-system'.

You provide a wonderful service to those really wanting to explore, research and discover things for themselves, even though the sacrifice here is putting up with your antics, which some would consider a waste of space and time. However, again we provide this space for 'creative dialogue and thinking', so the courageous can assume their own independence from any bondage assumed by religious cults or programs that retard the soul. Truth does not retard,..... it liberates, informs, inspires, encourages.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
What is deemed 'scripture' is a matter of belief, point of view and cult-conditioning,....it proves nothing else beyond what truth, ethic, principle or value the passages themselves contain, and how they can be interpreted. You are bound to a preconceived cage of dogmatic assumption, worshipping a book as 'perfect' or 'final', when such could never be, so such a 'belief' is another golden calf added to the pile of idolatrous images left in the dust-bin of time.

Truth is living, dynamic, real, alive,...and its something intuited, perceived, recognized within a writing, if the meanings and value of what is being presented are in fact, real, relatable and existing as a dynamic within the 'context' being shared. That's the key, since truth is truth wherever it is found,...not just because someone believes their religious 'book' is exclusive or is somehow more 'true' than another religious writing. It comes back again to your stamp of authenticity being a mere "because I say so". Its meaning, value and relevance has no bearing to anyone else but your own contextual frame, as a matter of assumed reference, or to others in that same 'belief-system'.

You provide a wonderful service to those really wanting to explore, research and discover things for themselves, even though the sacrifice here is putting up with your antics, which some would consider a waste of space and time. However, again we provide this space for 'creative dialogue and thinking', so the courageous can assume their own independence from any bondage assumed by religious cults or programs that retard the soul. Truth does not retard,..... it liberates, informs, inspires, encourages.

pj

As always, I could scarcely glance over a few of your words! You
always say the same things, only using different word arrangements!

Status
Not open for further replies.