The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letsargue

Well... Your screen name is appropriate. Who do you think is arguing these things, and why do you just argue without others arguing with you?

It's the Christian's duty to prove ALL things, and it's easy to prove the lies coming from the mouth of Satan's darkness with the LIGHT!!

Jesus disputed with the Priests when he was 12. - "Dispute" is what the American Language calls "Argue". It took me longer to learn what He did. - This is 2014. I had to studied for about 3 years. -- Now it just like God said:>-
((( John 16:13 KJV ))) -- 13- "Howbeit ((( When He, the Spirit of Truth, is come ))), ((( He will guide you into all Truth ))): for (( He shall not speak of himself )); (( but whatsoever "He shall hear" )), ( that shall "He" speak )): ((( and He will shew you things to come )))". --//-----

Now that is why I really have Faith in The Body of Christ, for "He" is the Holy Ghost COME INTO ME, and I in Him; - Thus ( I ) SPEAK!!

Prove Him Wrong!!

Back to bed, - night.

Paul, David -- 081914

journey

Do you even know what you are saying? You guys parrot each other and by knowing those kind of clichés, you think you are saved and true Christian.

You keep disregard Jesus' word.

You're the one who ignores 2/3 of the New Testament because you don't like it, or it disagrees with what you believe.

I've tried to read your posts now at least 4 times, and I give up. You are on ignore forever. Your heart is hardened and your eyes are blinded to the Gospel of the Grace of God. It does no good to try and talk with you or share Scripture with you, especially if you don't like the Scripture. So, I'm going to stop wasting any time at all with you. I will pray for you that God softens your heart for the hearing of the Gospel of the Grace of God. In the meantime, you are lost. I won't take you off of ignore again.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
It's the Christian's duty to prove ALL things, and it's easy to prove the lies coming from the mouth of Satan's darkness with the LIGHT!!

Jesus disputed with the Priests when he was 12. - "Dispute" is what the American Language calls "Argue". It took me longer to learn what He did. - This is 2014. I had to studied for about 3 years. -- Now it just like God said:>-
((( John 16:13 KJV ))) -- 13- "Howbeit ((( When He, the Spirit of Truth, is come ))), ((( He will guide you into all Truth ))): for (( He shall not speak of himself )); (( but whatsoever "He shall hear" )), ( that shall "He" speak )): ((( and He will shew you things to come )))". --//-----

Now that is why I really have Faith in The Body of Christ, for "He" is the Holy Ghost COME INTO ME, and I in Him; - Thus ( I ) SPEAK!!

Prove Him Wrong!!

Back to bed, - night.

Paul, David -- 081914

Why would I even attempt to prove the Holy Ghost wrong? That would be impossible.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Enjoy yer consolation prize.

Matthew-8-12-hell-outer-darkness-pride-and-arrogance.jpg

So where does the institution of priests come from, car salesman who use fear and dread, teachings of a sadistic monster God who tortures people?

1. The First Shamans — The Medicine Men

(986.4) 90:1.1 The shaman was the ranking medicine man, the ceremonial fetishman, and the focus personality for all the practices of evolutionary religion. In many groups the shaman outranked the war chief, marking the beginning of the church domination of the state. The shaman sometimes functioned as a priest and even as a priest-king. Some of the later tribes had both the earlier shaman-medicine men (seers) and the later appearing shaman-priests. And in many cases the office of shaman became hereditary.

(986.5) 90:1.2 Since in olden times anything abnormal was ascribed to spirit possession, any striking mental or physical abnormality constituted qualification for being a medicine man. Many of these men were epileptic, many of the women hysteric, and these two types accounted for a good deal of ancient inspiration as well as spirit and devil possession. Quite a few of these earliest of priests were of a class which has since been denominated paranoiac.

(987.1) 90:1.3 While they may have practiced deception in minor matters, the great majority of the shamans believed in the fact of their spirit possession. Women who were able to throw themselves into a trance or a cataleptic fit became powerful shamanesses; later, such women became prophets and spirit mediums. Their cataleptic trances usually involved alleged communications with the ghosts of the dead. Many female shamans were also professional dancers.

(987.2) 90:1.4 But not all shamans were self-deceived; many were shrewd and able tricksters. As the profession developed, a novice was required to serve an apprenticeship of ten years of hardship and self-denial to qualify as a medicine man. The shamans developed a professional mode of dress and affected a mysterious conduct. They frequently employed drugs to induce certain physical states which would impress and mystify the tribesmen. Sleight-of-hand feats were regarded as supernatural by the common folk, and ventriloquism was first used by shrewd priests. Many of the olden shamans unwittingly stumbled onto hypnotism; others induced autohypnosis by prolonged staring at their navels.

(987.3) 90:1.5 While many resorted to these tricks and deceptions, their reputation as a class, after all, stood on apparent achievement. When a shaman failed in his undertakings, if he could not advance a plausible alibi, he was either demoted or killed. Thus the honest shamans early perished; only the shrewd actors survived.

(987.4) 90:1.6 It was shamanism that took the exclusive direction of tribal affairs out of the hands of the old and the strong and lodged it in the hands of the shrewd, the clever, and the farsighted.

Letsargue

Why would I even attempt to prove the Holy Ghost wrong? That would be impossible.

Is you're few moments each day here trying to prove ME wrong, is that your whole life?? - Give me another choice you and your "kind" have - to inner into the Ark Family of the Clean, - from the unclean!!

Paul, David -- 081914

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Is you're few moments each day here trying to prove ME wrong, is that your whole life??

As I've said, I haven't even responded to you until this short exchange. I haven't said anything in an attempt to "prove you wrong". If anything, I've been in agreement with you.

Why do you argue with those who aren't arguing with you? It makes no sense.

- Give me another choice you and your "kind" have

And why do you lump me with whoever it is you call a "kind". I haven't affiliated with anyone here. I don't adhere to mainstream Christian beliefs and practice. Again, it makes no sense, especially since we haven't even conversed and I haven't ever said anything to you.

- to inner into the Ark Family of the Clean, - from the unclean!!

Paul, David -- 081914

Even when I've agreed with you, you say these things. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
(1915.5) 176:2.8 "Of all the discourses which the Master gave his apostles, none ever became so confused in their minds as this one, given this Tuesday evening on the Mount of Olives, regarding the twofold subject of the destruction of Jerusalem and his own second coming. There was, therefore, little agreement between the subsequent written accounts based on the memories of what the Master said on this extraordinary occasion. Consequently, when the records were left blank concerning much that was said that Tuesday evening, there grew up many traditions; and very early in the second century a Jewish apocalyptic about the Messiah written by one Selta, who was attached to the court of the Emperor Caligula, was bodily copied into the Matthew Gospel and subsequently added (in part) to the Mark and Luke records. It was in these writings of Selta that the parable of the ten virgins appeared. No part of the gospel record ever suffered such confusing misconstruction as this evening’s teaching. But the Apostle John never became thus confused."

Letsargue

As I've said, I haven't even responded to you until this short exchange. I haven't said anything in an attempt to "prove you wrong". If anything, I've been in agreement with you.

Why do you argue with those who aren't arguing with you? It makes no sense.

And why do you lump me with whoever it is you call a "kind". I haven't affiliated with anyone here. I don't adhere to mainstream Christian beliefs and practice. Again, it makes no sense, especially since we haven't even conversed and I haven't ever said anything to you.

Even when I've agreed with you, you say these things. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Come On, -- I AM not the only on here!! - You say a lot of stuff to others that Just AIN'T SOOOO; -- SOOOO I respond to any Lie I can get to!! -- OK??? - I don't care who you are, or what you say to whom; if I See Satan in the darkness, I will cast him into HELL right Then, for safety reasons!!!

There is no titles to different Lies, they ALL are SATAN!!! - The Flesh of any man has NOTHING to do with any Lie, it's WHO is in the man that speaketh!!! -- It's Christ in me who now speaketh!! - Prove "ME" Wrong!!!

Paul, David -- 081914

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Come On, -- I AM not the only on here!! - You say a lot of stuff to others that Just AIN'T SOOOO; -- SOOOO I respond to any Lie I can get to!! -- OK??? - I don't care who you are, or what you say to whom; if I See Satan in the darkness, I will cast him into HELL right Then, for safety reasons!!!

There is no titles to different Lies, they ALL are SATAN!!! - The Flesh of any man has NOTHING to do with any Lie, it's WHO is in the man that speaketh!!! -- It's Christ in me who now speaketh!! - Prove "ME" Wrong!!!

Paul, David -- 081914

Sigh.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
on course

on course

Guys, - I have to go to bed. If you'd rather I not return, Please let me know.

Paul

Remember the subject here are the Urantia Papers.....let's stay on course. Discussion/dialogue is preferred over mere argumentation, which is non-productive. You're welcome to leave if not interested in the subject to allow space for its true purpose.

Thanks.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Paul

Paul

You're the one who ignores 2/3 of the New Testament because you don't like it, or it disagrees with what you believe.

I've tried to read your posts now at least 4 times, and I give up. You are on ignore forever. Your heart is hardened and your eyes are blinded to the Gospel of the Grace of God. It does no good to try and talk with you or share Scripture with you, especially if you don't like the Scripture. So, I'm going to stop wasting any time at all with you. I will pray for you that God softens your heart for the hearing of the Gospel of the Grace of God. In the meantime, you are lost. I won't take you off of ignore again.

Meshak is harmless....if she wants to stick with Jesus teaching and reject Paul's writings its her choice. We've addressed Paul here and elsewhere.

98:7.3 The Christian religion, as a Urantian system of belief, arose through the compounding of the following teachings, influences, beliefs, cults, and personal individual attitudes:

1. The Melchizedek teachings, which are a basic factor in all the religions of Occident and Orient that have arisen in the last four thousand years.

2. The Hebraic system of morality, ethics, theology, and belief in both Providence and the supreme Yahweh.

3. The Zoroastrian conception of the struggle between cosmic good and evil, which had already left its imprint on both Judaism and Mithraism. Through prolonged contact attendant upon the struggles between Mithraism and Christianity, the doctrines of the Iranian prophet became a potent factor in determining the theologic and philosophic cast and structure of the dogmas, tenets, and cosmology of the Hellenized and Latinized versions of the teachings of Jesus.

4. The mystery cults, especially Mithraism, but also the worship of the Great Mother in the Phrygian cult. Even the legends of the birth of Jesus on Urantia became tainted with the Roman version of the miraculous birth of the Iranian savior-hero, Mithras, whose advent on earth was supposed to have been witnessed by only a handful of gift-bearing shepherds who had been informed of this impending event by angels.

5. The historic fact of the human life of Joshua ben Joseph,the reality of Jesus of Nazareth as the glorified Christ, the Son of God.

6. The personal viewpoint of Paul of Tarsus. And it should be recorded that Mithraism was the dominant religion of Tarsus during his adolescence. Paul little dreamed that his well-intentioned letters to his converts would someday be regarded by still later Christians as the "word of God." Such well-meaning teachers must not be held accountable for the use made of their writings by later-day successors.

7. The philosophic thought of the Hellenistic peoples, from Alexandria and Antioch through Greece to Syracuse and Rome. The philosophy of the Greeks was more in harmony with Paul's version of Christianity than with any other current religious system and became an important factor in the success of Christianity in the Occident. Greek philosophy, coupled with Paul's theology, still forms the basis of European ethics.

All UB quotes on Paul can be found here.

pj

Letsargue

Remember the subject here are the Urantia Papers.....let's stay on course. Discussion/dialogue is preferred over mere argumentation, which is non-productive. You're welcome to leave if not interested in the subject to allow space for its true purpose.

Thanks.

pj

Well, OK. -- I just wanted to help keep the Fools off you all's back.

MY Thoughts are mine, and they would be impossible to Change, as are other people's, -- OK, -- And, -- in the flesh, I wish you all WELL.

SO Long!!

Paul - Letsargue -- 081914

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Well, OK. -- I just wanted to help keep the Fools off you all's back.

MY Thoughts are mine, and they would be impossible to Change, as are other people's, -- OK, -- And, -- in the flesh, I wish you all WELL.

SO Long!!

Paul - Letsargue -- 081914

I appreciate your intention, but it's questionable what manners or approach would be most effective or successful in that dept. since those devoted to trolling, distraction, pestering or marginalizing the subject may do so if they wish....regardless of stated rules.

Peace,

pj

Letsargue

I appreciate your intention, but it's questionable what manners or approach would be most effective or successful in that dept. since those devoted to trolling, distraction, pestering or marginalizing the subject may do so if they wish....regardless of stated rules.

Peace,

pj

WELL, that's all right. - However, - I never try to "Change" the doings of any Lost. - I only respond to the Satan who speaks through them. - One cannot change that ( REALITY ). - He's always there, if we hear him or not.

But, - Whatever you choose.

Peace.

Paul - 081914

Last edited:

Zeke

Meshak is harmless....if she wants to stick with Jesus teaching and reject Paul's writings its her choice. We've addressed Paul here and elsewhere.

pj

I would see this as a red herring issue, the viable information for what was really written by this Paul is to debatable for certainty, to paint him one way or the other is based on bias, the forgotten virus within the Jesus only camp is the plagiarized teaching from Jesus, which makes the debate a wash, and a subject for baseless arguments that can't be proven.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I would see this as a red herring issue, the viable information for what was really written by this Paul is to debatable for certainty, to paint him one way or the other is based on bias, the forgotten virus within the Jesus only camp is the plagiarized teaching from Jesus, which makes the debate a wash, and a subject for baseless arguments that can't be proven.

Yep.......like in the recent video I shared....Robert M. Price takes a humorous approach to the Jesus/Paul question. The Jesus Only camp is tempting....but other versions of Jesus complicate the mix...as in the Essene, Nazariene, Gnostic, Spiritualist versions also out there. I explore them all as aspects of a certain theme or archetype. Many camps, one frontier :)

pj

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

pj

Paul many times was answering questions either asked him in letters or by messengers.

We do not have those questions in written form of letters nor can we have those that were sent by word of mouth.

Therefore these speculations about Paul, written in yer cosmic comic book of lies, are merely that, fanciful dreaming.

They are not statements based on fact.

Zeke

Yep.......like in the recent video I shared....Robert M. Price takes a humorous approach to the Jesus/Paul question. The Jesus Only camp is tempting....but other versions of Jesus complicate the mix...as in the Essene, Nazariene, Gnostic, Spiritualist versions also out there. I explore them all as aspects of a certain theme or archetype. Many camps, one frontier :)

pj

One message many diverse ways to say the same thing, yet many get caught up in a specific tale they have been led to be-lie-eve they have the only soul way at the expense of the rest of the body.

Humor is the best way when dealing with the feet in cement crowd, throw in some ego to tweak theirs and away ya go into my dad can beat up your dad.

Peace, Zeke.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
All criticism of the Apostle Paul is unfounded. I watched that video, as I've watched and read many other videos and articles that impugn Paul.

They're absolutely absurd if one knows the truth of the ontological Gospel. Few even know what Paul is teaching, including most professing Believers. The detractors are to the moon and beyond in having no idea how to evaluate Paul's writings.

The morons in the posted link aren't Christians by any valid definition. But the truth is hid to them that are lost.

I both relish that and lament that. Knowing the truth is more valuable than all the world's wealth and resources. But others not accepting it is sadly heart-rending.

Status
Not open for further replies.