The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judson50

I don't drink. I don't study error either.

Just curious, you don't read up on false doctrines/ideologies?

Not that you should or have to, for me, I find doing that (to a certain extent) helps refine my faith.

Kind of like, I know my wife loves me; but when someone tells me she was talking to them about how much she loves me - it is further refined.

staind.raindrop

I don't drink. I don't study error either.

I'm looking for inconsistencies between what Jesus said and what it says that may be used to dispute it as lies. What if there aren't any? Which brings me to my next topic, His death. Wiki says it was just an outcome but Jesus said it was necessary. He even rose from the dead for some reason, what does the UB say about that?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Just curious, you don't read up on false doctrines/ideologies?

Not that you should or have to, for me, I find doing that (to a certain extent) helps refine my faith.

Kind of like, I know my wife loves me; but when someone tells me she was talking to them about how much she loves me - it is further refined.

I do not. I believe that God gave His word to us and that after new birth we have the ability to understand it completely. There is never knowing everything as we can read a passage multiple times and see things not noticed before each time. But as a whole we can know the entire counsel of the word of God and once that goal is attained we need only compare what is said by the wicked one to what is written. I respect the ministries that research cults and cult doctrines but those ministries are using milk in my observation. Our job is boldly preaching truth. To divert that mission is useful and good but I choose not to get involved in it.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I'm looking for inconsistencies between what Jesus said and what it says that may be used to dispute it as lies. What if there aren't any? Which brings me to my next topic, His death. Wiki says it was just an outcome but Jesus said it was necessary. He even rose from the dead for some reason, what does the UB say about that?

I don't give a rip.

staind.raindrop

I do not. I believe that God gave His word to us and that after new birth we have the ability to understand it completely. There is never knowing everything as we can read a passage multiple times and see things not noticed before each time. But as a whole we can know the entire counsel of the word of God and once that goal is attained we need only compare what is said by the wicked one to what is written. I respect the ministries that research cults and cult doctrines but those ministries are using milk in my observation. Our job is boldly preaching truth. To divert that mission is useful and good but I choose not to get involved in it.

Well I feel led by the Spirit in me to figure this out. It may not be your calling but I am rarely motivated to sift thru vast seas of info.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
see for yourself...............

see for yourself...............

For the life and teachings of Jesus (one of the most complete records available covering every year of his life) - read part 4

See - The Resurrection

pj

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
We live in the fourth beast of Daniel's vision. That beast has become the two division stage of the colossal man's two legs (nebechadnezzar's dream). When Ezekiel 38 takes place, the eastern division falls and our fourth beast enters its one world government stage which will rapidly turn to the ten division stage (ten toes of nebechadnezzar's man) whence cometh the antichrist. This will bring on the final stage of our fourth beast the antichrist stage.

Wut does uranial have to say bout that?

I thought so. Nuttin.

You're wasting time.

Judson50

Just curious, what about Paul in Acts 17 and the Sermon on Mars Hill? Paul looked into their faith for the purpose of understanding them so he could effectively witness to them.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
False correlation-assumption.......

False correlation-assumption.......

We live in the fourth beast of Daniel's vision. That beast has become the two division stage of the colossal man's two legs (nebechadnezzar's dream). When Ezekiel 38 takes place, the eastern division falls and our fourth beast enters its one world government stage which will rapidly turn to the ten division stage (ten toes of nebechadnezzar's man) whence cometh the antichrist. This will bring on the final stage of our fourth beast the antichrist stage.

Wut does uranial have to say bout that?

I thought so. Nuttin.

You're wasting time.

You apparently have no clue what the UB is, or what it teaches, neither have availed yourself to properly learn by reading it and/or accessing the resource-articles to be enlightened thereby. Therefore your input here contributes little or nothing to the subject-matter until so educated. Meanwhile it is just 'trolling'.

As far as the UB having something to say to your reference to some coded prophetic symbols from the book of Revelation or Daniel, such bears little significance to the vast subjects the UB covers. There are plenty of Bible prophecy teachers with their travelling conferences that get immersed in prophetic imagery studies alluding to end-time events, but this doesn't have anything necessarily to do with whether a book is 'true' or 'worthwhile'. Such is a false equation.

Introductory Articles for new readers

If your not interested in learning and discussing the contents and 'theology' of the UB (the purpose of the thread),...you don't need to be here. Have some respect...or Leave.

pj

staind.raindrop

I appreciate your attention to my inquiries, PJ. I was wondering one more thing, if you don't mind. What info does the UB give about Satan, or evil?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

If you're looking for Biblical truth in the 'urantia papers' you'll be
sorely disappointed! They may have borrowed from the Bible but,
they added their own slant as well! Might as well read a comic
book or the Sunday funnies! Stay away from the cults out there!

Caino

BANNED
Banned

I can answer that, in short the Father required the Son to experience the full human coarse of life; mortal death is a part of life.

Human sacrifice was not a part of Judaism, BUT it was a part of the Pagan Mysteries of the Greco-Roman world. Jesus never defined the meaning of his death, the Pagans influence on evolving Christianity gave us the atonement doctrine or interpretation.

God has always been forgiving, he didn't require the death of an innocent divine being so that he could finally forgive the world. In the original pre-cross gospel, God was already forgiving, salvation is by faith.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I appreciate your attention to my inquiries, PJ. I was wondering one more thing, if you don't mind. What info does the UB give about Satan, or evil?

*Satan was a trusted celestial being in the administration of the Son. He fell into rebellion and worked to mislead the world.

* Evil and sin comes from mans choosing the wrong way.

* People blame Satan for much of what are mans own wrong choices.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
If you're looking for Biblical truth in the 'urantia papers' you'll be
sorely disappointed! They may have borrowed from the Bible but,
they added their own slant as well! Might as well read a comic
book or the Sunday funnies! Stay away from the cults out there!

Jesus also "borrowed" from the scripture.

The enemies of Jesus point to differences in the OT and what Jesus taught in order to deny his revelation as well. That's the problem with petrifying the writings of holy men into the writings of God.

Imagine all the small minded Grosnick Marowbe's in Jerusalem that heckled the Christian cult?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Yeah, the guy who channeled it didn't want anyone to know he did it. :duh:

The revelators didnt want another Paul like distraction that messed up the "kingdom of heaven" idea that Jesus originaly taught.

The "sleeping subject" is not what is important; the content of the UB validates itself. It’s sort of like how the Jews made fun of Jesus because he was from Nazareth.

* There was the religon OF Jesus, taught 3+ years before the cross.

* Then there was a new gospel about Jesus after the cross which became Christianity.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
With the Urantia revelation we now know from celestial authorites how the earth and life on it evolved by Gods technique of creation.

YEC is belief still held by a fringe in the modern world, 5% or less.

Aimiel

There is absolutely NO TRUTH in the Urantia papers. It's demonic doctrine, as Paul and Caino have proven. The things they tell us are in there clearly defy Truth. Trust The Word of God, not the word of a demon. :thumb:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
There is absolutely NO TRUTH in the Urantia papers. It's demonic doctrine, as Paul and Caino have proven. The things they tell us are in there clearly defy Truth. Trust The Word of God, not the word of a demon. :thumb:

Aimiel sounds like a spokesman for the Obama administration, just lie and lie and lie even when proven wrong.

This is a link for honest truth seekers about the scientific truths that have been substantiated since the UB's publication that were not known at the time of the revelation.

http://www.ubthenews.com/Reports_List.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.