The Imputed Righteousness of Christ Refutes Religion

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Romans 3

10 As it is written: “There is none righteous, no, not one; 11 There is none who understands; There is none who seeks after God. 12 They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable; There is none who does good, no, not one.”

Because you preach a false gospel of works. You associate it with righteousness. Romans 6 goes against everything you say on this board.

Here is a link to the verses in the Bible with the word seek in them. Here is a link to the verses in the Bible with the word seeks in them. Here is a link to the verses in the Bible with the words do good in them. Here is a link to the verses in the Bible with the words does good in them.

The false gospel people preach is that salvation is by works. But works, good works, are the result of the preaching of the gospel, following salvation in conversion. When a person is born again they are saved unto good works.

Here is a link to the verses in the Bible with the word works in them. Here is a link to the verses in the Bible with the words good works in them.

Romans 6 speaks of both obedience and righteousness.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Spiritually, God sees the Christian as perfect and complete "In Christ".

Physically, You are the chief of sinners.
That's a nice thought that you can obey God and Jesus, but you don't, Romans 3:10.
Robert Pate,

I encourage you to seek understanding of what I am saying in the word of God, the Bible.

We are to obey God and Jesus and the Apostles and others of those who lead us in the church.

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert Pate,

I encourage you to seek understanding of what I am saying in the word of God, the Bible.

We are to obey God and Jesus and the Apostles and others of those who lead us in the church.

We are called to be led by the Holy Spirit, which is the Spirit of truth, John 14:17.

To be led by the law is to be under the law, which is a curse, Galatians 3:10.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
We are called to be led by the Holy Spirit, which is the Spirit of truth, John 14:17.

To be led by the law is to be under the law, which is a curse, Galatians 3:10.

You are to be led by God. God can lead each and every one of us by His Spirit. Nothing about being led by law. I see nowhere that to be led by law is to be under the law. I see nowhere that says to be led by law. The scriptures say to be led by the Spirit.

Romans 8:14 NASB - 14 For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

Galatians 5:18 NASB - 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law.

Matthew 4:1 NASB - 1 Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.

Luke 4:1 NASB - 1 Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led around by the Spirit in the wilderness

Robert Pate

Banned
You are to be led by God. God can lead each and every one of us by His Spirit. Nothing about being led by law. I see nowhere that to be led by law is to be under the law. I see nowhere that says to be led by law. The scriptures say to be led by the Spirit.

Romans 8:14 NASB - 14 For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

Galatians 5:18 NASB - 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law.

Matthew 4:1 NASB - 1 Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.

Luke 4:1 NASB - 1 Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led around by the Spirit in the wilderness

To be led by the Holy Spirit is to led by the Gospel.

In the Gospel Jesus has reconciled us to God. Not because we are obedient or holy, but because he was obedient and holy. If you believe the Gospel you will believe that God now sees you as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. The reason that Christians are not under the law is because Jesus fulfilled it then he abolished it. Where there is no law there is no judgment. This is why, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17 and not by rules, laws or religion.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
To be led by the Holy Spirit is to led by the Gospel.

In the Gospel Jesus has reconciled us to God. Not because we are obedient or holy, but because he was obedient and holy. If you believe the Gospel you will believe that God now sees you as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. The reason that Christians are not under the law is because Jesus fulfilled it then he abolished it. Where there is no law there is no judgment. This is why, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17 and not by rules, laws or religion.

What is Romans 8:1-4 NASB saying? How is the requirement of the Law fulfilled in us?

Robert Pate

Banned
What is Romans 8:1-4 NASB saying? How is the requirement of the Law fulfilled in us?

Jesus, in our name and on our behalf fulfilled the law for us, just like we fulfilled it ourselves. Jesus is our righteousness. We don't have any righteousness of our own. When God looks at us he sees the righteousness of Jesus. This is how the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in us.

To walk after the flesh is religion. To walk after the Spirit is to walk in the Gospel.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus, in our name and on our behalf fulfilled the law for us, just like we fulfilled it ourselves. Jesus is our righteousness. We don't have any righteousness of our own. When God looks at us he sees the righteousness of Jesus. This is how the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in us.

To walk after the flesh is religion. To walk after the Spirit is to walk in the Gospel.

What does verse 4 say?

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul explained that the law was made for the lawless. The lawless are those such as yourself who believe they are not subject to law.

No, you have it wrong.

A good son does not need instructions, he knows what pleases his Father and does accordingly.

If you need instructions you must be an ungodly sinner, 1 Timothy 1:9,10.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
A good son does not need instructions, he knows what pleases his Father and does accordingly.

The natural human mind is not subject to God's law and cannot be. (Romans 8:7)

If you don't heed God's instructions you are an ungodly sinner, 1 Timothy 1:9,10.

Robert Pate

Banned
The natural human mind is not subject to God's law and cannot be. (Romans 8:7)

If you don't heed God's instructions you are an ungodly sinner, 1 Timothy 1:9,10.

I don't need law. The law condemns and kills. The Spirit brings life, 2 Corinthians 3:6.