The Imputed Righteousness of Christ Refutes Religion

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Then why don't you?

Nick M,

Where do you see that I fall short? Why do you say I don't?

Your life should be righteous before God. Of course I say this knowing my life should be righteous before God.

To be encouraged of what should be (and that for everyone) is different than boasting in your own righteousness.

In this post I was keeping it to Paul in Romans, since chapter 6 is where I know Paul discusses this. It is more than imputed righteousness.

I don't understand why you are challenging me. Have you examined yourself? By what standard are you judging or evaluating me? Is it according to Romans 6?

beloved57

The only two things that are imputed in the bible are sin and righteousness. There is nothing in the Bible about faith being imputed to anyone. Faith is not imputed because faith is natural human attribute that we are all born with. Everyone has the ability to have faith in someone or something.

IMPUTE: To attribute to a person or to charge.

The word "Impute" suggest that the imputing comes from outside of them. An example would be that if a person is found guilty of a crime, the crime would be imputed to them or they would be charged with the crime.

When a person comes to Christ as a repentant sinner to be saved by him, God seals that person with the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 1:13 and places them spiritually "In Christ". The righteousness of Christ is imputed to their account. They don't have it yet. As long as they are in their Adamic bodies they only have the first fruits or the down payment of the Holy Spirit, Romans 8:23.

Catholics and others, believe that they are infused with the righteousness of Christ. The word "infused" does not appear anywhere in the Bible. We are not infused with anything. If we were infused with the righteousness of Christ then the incarnation of Jesus Christ was useless and is a sham. This is another anti-Gospel Catholic doctrine.

Paul wrote speaking of Abraham, "And being fully persuaded that, what he (God) had promised, he was able to perform and therefore it was IMPUTED to him for righteousness. Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him, but for us also to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised Jesus from the dead; who was delivered for our offenses and was raised again for our justification" Romans 4:21-25.

The Christian receives all that there is to receive the minute that he believes and professes faith in Christ and his Gospel. Spiritually, he receives the righteousness of Christ, Romans 4:6, The first fruits of the Holy Spirit, Romans 8:23, justification, Romans 5:1, reconciliation with God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, Sanctification in Christ, 1 Corinthians 1:30. God now sees the believer as perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10. He cannot make himself any better than what he is "In Christ". This is why works do NOT count for righteousness, Romans 4:5.

False statement. Faith is not called a natural human attribute in scripture. It is a fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nick M,

Where do you see that I fall short?

Romans 3

10 As it is written: “There is none righteous, no, not one; 11 There is none who understands; There is none who seeks after God. 12 They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable; There is none who does good, no, not one.”

I don't understand why you are challenging me.

Because you preach a false gospel of works. You associate it with righteousness. Romans 6 goes against everything you say on this board.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Romans 3

10 As it is written: “There is none righteous, no, not one; 11 There is none who understands; There is none who seeks after God. 12 They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable; There is none who does good, no, not one.”

This is a partial quote. See Psalm 14:1 to see to whom the quote applies.

Robert Pate

Banned
Nick M,

Where do you see that I fall short? Why do you say I don't?

Your life should be righteous before God. Of course I say this knowing my life should be righteous before God.

To be encouraged of what should be (and that for everyone) is different than boasting in your own righteousness.

In this post I was keeping it to Paul in Romans, since chapter 6 is where I know Paul discusses this. It is more than imputed righteousness.

I don't understand why you are challenging me. Have you examined yourself? By what standard are you judging or evaluating me? Is it according to Romans 6?

Spiritually, God sees the Christian as perfect and complete "In Christ".

Physically, You are the chief of sinners.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Spiritually, God sees the Christian as perfect and complete "In Christ".

Hardly.

You therefore, beloved, since you know this beforehand, beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked, but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. (2 Peter 3:17-18)​

We are to grow to perfection.