The great Ebola scare of 2014

IMJerusha

They came here over a decade before the bombings. Are you saying we should just stop all refugees from coming here and halt immigration altogether?

I'm saying that our government has not been considerate enough of the internal progress of terrorism as relates to immigrants to America of extremist Islamic persuasion.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I'm saying that our government has not been considerate enough of the internal progress of terrorism as relates to immigrants to America of extremist Islamic persuasion.

Oooooookay then. Thought we were talking about something Ebola-related. Carry on.

IMJerusha

Oooooookay then. Thought we were talking about something Ebola-related. Carry on.

I was just responding to Journey's comment regarding borders, "Our open borders are INSANE in so many ways."
Sorry if I was off topic. I guess we don't have any West African Islamic immigrants with relatives still in West Africa.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I was just responding to Journey's comment regarding borders, "Our open borders are INSANE in so many ways."
Sorry if I was off topic. I guess we don't have any West African Islamic immigrants with relatives still in West Africa.

Right, because we've made people like that feel so welcome here over the last, say, ten years.:rolleyes:

IMJerusha

You just moved the goalposts. Not what you said previously.

I have a tendency to incorporate all of my thoughts together. "I'm saying that our government has not been considerate enough of the internal progress of terrorism as relates to immigrants to America of extremist Islamic persuasion." You call that moving the goalposts. :idunno: I wasn't aware there are goalposts in a discussion. I'm certainly not debating anyone here.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I have a tendency to incorporate all of my thoughts together. "I'm saying that our government has not been considerate enough of the internal progress of terrorism as relates to immigrants to America of extremist Islamic persuasion." You call that moving the goalposts. :idunno: I wasn't aware there are goalposts in a discussion. I'm certainly not debating anyone here.

Well, sure. One minute you're talking about African Muslim immigrants, the next you're calling them extremists. So, make up your mind.

IMJerusha

Well, sure. One minute you're talking about African Muslim immigrants, the next you're calling them extremists. So, make up your mind.

I believe I explained myself. There really is no need for me to make my mind up about anything. And if you'll follow the conversation from the point where you first asked me to explain what I meant by my reply to Journey, you'll see my initial response was in regard to immigrants to America of extremist Islamic persuasion. I just tied that into thought regarding Ebola and West Africans. I don't see any need for you to fash yourself over it.

gcthomas

- Assuming the disease spreads as easily as they say, should we really be bringing Ebola patients to our country for treatment?

Ebola does not spread easily, as it requires contact with bodily fluids and it takes 2-3 weeks to develop symptoms, and unlike 'flu you are not contagious without symptoms.

It is only a real problem in Africa because of the population's habit of touching the deceased at the funeral and the region's poor level of medical support. It is unlikely to spread much in a well resourced nation like the US where people take care not to come into contact with body fluids.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Yeah, that is pretty funny. :chuckle: But, you know, context is everything. Do you need me to put my statement in context for you?

You changed what you said, IMJ. First you opposed African Muslims coming here, then you opposed extremists coming here. That's a significant difference. Are they all extremists in your book?

journey

They came here over a decade before the bombings. Are you saying we should just stop all refugees from coming here and halt immigration altogether?

Just allow LEGAL immigration with the appropriate screening (i.e. health, political affiliation, etc.). That would be using our heads for something other than a hat rack. Our current open border system allows terrorists, criminals, and people with dreaded diseases to just walk right in. Yes, this is insane.

IMJerusha

You changed what you said, IMJ. First you opposed African Muslims, then you opposed extremists coming here. Are they all extremists in your book?

Well, if that's what you want to think...fine. I believe I've explained myself sufficiently though I don't really know why I needed to. It's no big deal.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Just allow LEGAL immigration with the appropriate screening (i.e. health, political affiliation, etc.). That would be using our heads for something other than a hat rack. Our current open border system allows terrorists, criminals, and people with dreaded diseases to just walk right in. Yes, this is insane.

Well we already classify illegals as just that, journey. Many go through the legal process. Many others don't. And I'm not sure what "dreaded diseases" you're referring to.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Well, if that's what you want to think...fine. I believe I've explained myself sufficiently though I don't really know why I needed to. It's no big deal.

I'm going off what you said, IMJ. And now you're just stalling. Are they all "extremists," or not?

quip

BANNED
Banned
Yeah, that is pretty funny. :chuckle: But, you know, context is everything. Do you need me to put my statement in context for you or can you guys handle that?

Whatever crosses your mind...at the moment. :idunno: