The Gospel Verses All Man Conceived Religions

Brother Ducky

I don't really care what you think that Brinsmead taught. I know that he did not teach that Jesus was just a man.

Interesting. I give you a quote from Brimsmead. He wrote it. I did not. You take what he says and try to tell all of TOL that it means the exact opposite of what it clearly states.

Kind of like you do on so many things.

So tell us, when you pontificate, as you so often do, why in the world should we take you seriously??

Robert Pate

Banned
Interesting. I give you a quote from Brimsmead. He wrote it. I did not. You take what he says and try to tell all of TOL that it means the exact opposite of what it clearly states.

Kind of like you do on so many things.

So tell us, when you pontificate, as you so often do, why in the world should we take you seriously??

What you should take seriously is what the word of God says and not what some man says.

Robert Pate

Banned
So are you repudiating your mentor here? Admitting that he is not a Christian?

So any reason you seem to be totally unable to deal with posts and ideas and just go off on tangents?

Brinsmead will probably go down in history as one of the greatest theologians of our time.

His publication "Verdict" was supported by many highly educated Christian scholars through out the world. It was a world wide publication that mainly went to seminaries and pastors. This is why you can't understand it. It is not for the lay Christian.

nikolai_42

So are you repudiating your mentor here? Admitting that he is not a Christian?

So any reason you seem to be totally unable to deal with posts and ideas and just go off on tangents?

Brinsmead appears to believe one can find the most out about the character of God by examining Jesus' humanity. So much so that the Deity of Christ is either unimportant or essentially invisible :

God is indeed the greatest because God is the greatest servant of all, and while God does this, like any good servant God keeps out of the limelight, hiding Godself from view. As Sheehan puts it, “God has disappeared into humanity, and can be found nowhere else.”

{From http://www.greatnewstory.com/does-god-want-to-be-worshiped/ - emphasis added}

Brother Ducky

Brinsmead will probably go down in history as one of the greatest theologians of our time.

His publication "Verdict" was supported by many highly educated Christian scholars through out the world. It was a world wide publication that mainly went to seminaries and pastors. This is why you can't understand it. It is not for the lay Christian.

I speech English goodly. When he says only a man, that excludes being God also.