The Gospel Verses All Man Conceived Religions

Robert Pate

Banned
And who are the man conceived religions? All of them.

Catholicism evolved out of Judaism. The only religion in the New Testament is Judaism, which was practiced by the Pharisees and others. Out of Catholicism and Judaism all of the other religions have evolved, including Calvinism. All religions, whether it be the Baptist religion, Methodist religion or whatever religion, all have one thing in common. They are all law based. The words "Law" and "Religion" mean the same thing. When one is doing the law, they are doing their religion. When one is doing religion they are doing the law. Any religious thing that we do is a work of the law.

Is their anything wrong with religion?

Paul taught against religion and referred to as a work of the flesh, "For what the law (Religion) could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh (religion) God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh (religion) Romans 8:3.

Paul's emphasis in his epistles are that, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. Living by faith does not mean living according to rules, laws or religion. Living by faith means to live according to the Gospel. In the Gospel we are justified by faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ. Jesus is our justifier, Romans 3:26. It was the work of Jesus that justified us and reconciled us to God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. No religion needed. Religion is not an indication of faith. Religion is an indication of the absence of faith. If one does not have faith in the doing and the dying of Jesus for their salvation, then the only thing left is religion.

Religion does not save or justify, simply because religion is what we do. God does NOT accept the works or the obedience of sinners, which we are all one of, Romans 3:10. Religion is what we do and the Gospel is what God has done in Jesus Christ. Jesus in our name and on our behalf has fulfilled every jot and tittle of God's Holy Law, Matthew 5:18. That was not enough. Jesus in our name and on our behalf became sin for us, 2 Corinthians 5:21 and in doing so defeated the devil.

All who believe in Christ and his Gospel stand before God's holy court as justified, without sin. Paul wrote, "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" Romans 5:1. We have peace with God because we have followed God's plan of salvation of being justified by faith without religion.

theophilus

Faith without works is dead faith Robert.

James 2:26b so faith without works is dead.

Eph. 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

It appears your only "work" is damning everyone who does not agree with you.

AND,

you enjoy throwing a charge of "Calvinist" at everyone who does not agree with you.

Robert Pate

Banned
Faith without works is dead faith Robert.

James 2:26b so faith without works is dead.

Eph. 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

It appears your only "work" is damning everyone who does not agree with you.

AND,

you enjoy throwing a charge of "Calvinist" at everyone who does not agree with you.

The reason that faith without works is dead is because without faith there is no Holy Spirit.

It is the Holy Spirit working in the life of the believer that produces the good works. It is all of God and not of religion.

If you don't like what the Bible says, then you have a problem and it is not with me.

Nanja

The reason that faith without works is dead is because without faith there is no Holy Spirit.

It is the Holy Spirit working in the life of the believer that produces the good works. It is all of God and not of religion.

If you don't like what the Bible says, then you have a problem and it is not with me.

Faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit given in New Birth.
They shall believe the Truth because they were chosen to it 2Thes. 2:13.

None of this applies to you.

~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
Faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit given in New Birth.
They shall believe the Truth because they were chosen to it 2Thes. 2:13.

None of this applies to you.

~~~

No one is born again without hearing and believing the Gospel, Galatians 3:2.

Salvation has been provided for everyone by Jesus Christ, Hebrews 2:9.

God predestinates no one to salvation or to hell. If he did that he would be unjust.

If you want to be saved do this, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

If you are to proud to call on Christ to save you, then you will most certainly perish.

Nanja

No one is born again without hearing and believing the Gospel, Galatians 3:2.

Unless one is Born of God he can't hear God's Words.

John 8:47
He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

First God gives His Elect Children Spiritual Life in New Birth,
then are they Made Alive and able to Hear God's Words and Believe
Gal. 5:22!

John 3:3
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
Unless one is Born of God he can't hear God's Words.

He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

~~~

How unfortunate. You think that you have been born again, but you haven't.

God does not just zapp people with his Holy Spirit. If you want to be indwelt with the Holy Spirit you must hear and believe the Gospel, just like they did on the day of Pentecost, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4. This is why Paul wrote, "So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Which is the Gospel" Romans 10:17.

The Holy Spirit and the Gospel are inseparable. You can't have one without the other. If you believed the Gospel you would have the Holy Spirit. Unfortunately you don't believe the Gospel, instead you have embraced the words of a heretic instead of God's glorious Gospel.

Nanja

How unfortunate. You think that you have been born again, but you haven't.

God does not just zapp people with his Holy Spirit. If you want to be indwelt with the Holy Spirit you must hear and believe the Gospel, just like they did on the day of Pentecost, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4. This is why Paul wrote, "So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Which is the Gospel" Romans 10:17.

The Holy Spirit and the Gospel are inseparable. You can't have one without the other. If you believed the Gospel you would have the Holy Spirit. Unfortunately you don't believe the Gospel, instead you have embraced the words of a heretic instead of God's glorious Gospel.

You can't comprehend the Truth because of the blindness of your heart, exactly as Eph. 4:18 states!

Nanja
Unless one is Born of God [Given a New Heart] he can't hear God's Words.

~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
You can't comprehend the Truth because of the blindness of your heart, exactly as Eph. 4:18 states!

Nanja

Paul said, "The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation" Romans 1:16.

It is not just the hearing of the Gospel, it is believing the Gospel. When one hears and believes the Gospel they receive the Holy Spirit and are born again by the word of God, which is the Gospel, 1 Peter 1:23.

Because you don't believe the Gospel, you don't have the Holy Spirit.

If you believed the Gospel you would not need Calvinism. Calvinism is a diversion away from Christ and his Gospel. It is another Gospel or a false Gospel. Jesus has done all that he can do to save you. But you will have to come to him and receive what he has done for you, John 1:12.

beloved57

Pateism teaches salvation by works, by what the sinner does.It denies that Christ death alone saved them He died for!

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert refuses to be corrected and just keeps blogging the same redundant topics.

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...een-Predestinated/page3&p=4851757#post4851757

Robert has no real interest in actual dialog, only monologue with himself.

AMR

If you believed the GLORIOUS Gospel of Jesus Christ you would not need Calvinism. The fact that you need a religion tells me that you don't really have faith in Christ and his Gospel. Instead you have faith in a heretic.

All religions including the Calvinist religion, are a diversion away from Christ and his Gospel.

I don't argue religion like you want to. I ALREADY know in whom I believe.

Robert Pate

Banned
Yeah...what's his name.....Brinsmead or something.

I believe the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ that I learned from Robert Brinsmead and several other Christian scholars.

I was very fortunate to read what they wrote about Christ and his Gospel. It was a real eye opener about what religion really is and why it is anti-Christ.

Brother Ducky

I believe the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ that I learned from Robert Brinsmead and several other Christian scholars.

I was very fortunate to read what they wrote about Christ and his Gospel. It was a real eye opener about what religion really is and why it is anti-Christ.

Brinsbead has said that Jesus was only a man. Therefore not a trinitarian.
Pate has said that non-trinitarians are not Christians.
Therefore Pate's mentor is not Christian.

Therefore Pate's theology is very suspect.

Robert Pate

Banned
Brinsbead has said that Jesus was only a man. Therefore not a trinitarian.
Pate has said that non-trinitarians are not Christians.
Therefore Pate's mentor is not Christian.

Therefore Pate's theology is very suspect.

I doubt that Brinsmead believes that.

You Gospel haters all like to discredit those that believe in Christ and his Gospel.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Robert Pate

Banned
Indeed.

Robert conveniently forgets things of the past:

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...edestination&p=4402162&viewfull=1#post4402162

See link to discussion of Brinsmead therein.

AMR

I retract nothing that I have said.

You are apparently disturbed by what I say and feel the need to scrutinize every post hoping that you can catch me in a lie.

This is what religious people do when they are confronted with the truth of the Gospel.

You are like the Pharisees that followed Jesus around trying to catch him in a lie. I am not sorry for anything that I have said and intend to say a lot more.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I retract nothing that I have said.

You are apparently disturbed by what I say and feel the need to scrutinize every post hoping that you can catch me in a lie.

Robert,

When you are double-minded, it is obvious:

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...on-or-Perish&p=4845747&viewfull=1#post4845747

When you are in error, it is both obvious and sad:

Robert's many interpretative errors:
http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...nd-the-Devil&p=4829299&viewfull=1#post4829299

Robert's evidence of being beyond the bounds:
http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...edestination&p=4402162&viewfull=1#post4402162

Of course you retract nothing, as that would imply a man actually engaging in discussion of topics. Rather, when someone engages you, the answer inevitably is (1) ignore the response and move onward, (2) declare the respondent lost, hell-bound, and sin-bent, (3) post more scripture and declare victory, or (4) complain that too much effort it required to offer a substantive rejoinder.

Truthfully, as long as you are just blogging redundant topics time and again—over 270 started threads!—no one expects you to retract a blog.

I am not sorry for anything that I have said and intend to say a lot more.

Actually, your intentions do not match up with the evidence to date, Robert and you should be grievously sorrowful. Your 270+ threads are all basically the same:

- Calvinism is wrong;
- I, Robert Pate, am correct;
- anyone that disagrees with Robert is not a Christian; and
- don't expect me to defend myself, I am blogging here, so just deal with it.

:AMR:

AMR