JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
2 minutes - I can't see too much but I suppose it's possible
V
I've posted these videos before but due to the avalanche of flat earth craziness that has been posted here lately, I'm posting them again.

The guy in the videos is not nice to flat-earthers. In fact, he's down right insulting but he does actually make the arguments and he makes them extremely clearly and presents them in a manner that even a child can follow them and understand fully why flat-earthers who aren't convinced by them deserve to be insulted.

So don't whine about the insults, just pay attention to the arguments!

In the four videos he covers pretty well all of the flat-earther's main arguments. Any one of these videos should be all anyone needs to see in order to drop the flat-earth nonsense but he doesn't stop with one video, he just keeps power driving the flat-earth silliness into the ground until it gets almost tiresome.

One last thing. As I said, I've posted these before. To date, so far as I am aware, not one syllable of anything resembling a substantive response to any of the arguments presented in these videos has been offered on this thread or anywhere else on this web site and there certainly should have been if the proponents of the flat-earth model were as objectively searching for the truth as they claim to be. Either that or they should have acknowledged that they cannot offer any such substantive response and, being convinced that the earth isn't flat, allowed these videos to end the discussion altogether.

Count this as your 2nd chance....

https://youtu.be/JgY8zNZ35uw

https://youtu.be/TeMooNFtFJk

https://youtu.be/EJ0EKJWyl_g

https://youtu.be/1rmXP4Q2ZpI

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Those videos are ten times worse than mine. Nothing new but the same old lame "proof" of a flying spinning globe.
So address them (one at a time, please), if they've been refuted before then they should be easy to refute again.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
PJ - How do you explain gravity on the flat earth? What pulls everything down?

Gravity is needed force to keep everything from flying off a spinning ball and keep the moon and planets in their orbit. If the sun, moon, and stars are not spinning orbiting planets and the earth is not a spinning ball then we don't need that kind of force. You presume that we would all float around in space if not for gravity but there is no science that says that is so under a dome filled with the atmosphere that we have. That's why the mass and density of an object determines it's weight and simply keeps it on the ground and not a force coming from the center of the earth pulling everything down.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Here is my first response to the Testing Flattards - Part 1

The first point is that all the oldest maps are flat maps and the globe map is a revision or altered creation of the flat map. One might say that's obvious because the ancient world did not know they were on a globe. Yet all past and present mapping is actually "local" and all local mapping is flat and squared. All local cross section maps are level and not curved. Mapping will be a category I will often refer to. The map that is being criticized is the Gleason Azimuthal Equidistant Projection Map. But clearly it has it's good points.

The azimuthal equidistant projection is an azimuthal map projection. It has the useful properties that all points on the map are at proportionately correct distances from the center point, and that all points on the map are at the correct azimuth (direction) from the center point. A useful application for this type of projection is a polar projection which shows all meridians (lines of longitude) as straight, with distances from the pole represented correctly.

While it may have been used by ancient Egyptians for star maps in some holy books, the earliest text describing the azimuthal equidistant projection is an 11th-century work by al-Biruni.

The projection appears in many Renaissance maps, and Gerardus Mercator used it for an inset of the north polar regions in sheet 13 and legend 6 of his well-known 1569 map. In France and Russia this projection is named "Postel projection" after Guillaume Postel, who used it for a map in 1581. Many modern star chart planispheres use the polar azimuthal equidistant projection.

In the case of radio, this projection allows for directional antenna aiming, especially in the case of HF communications. An operator can point the antenna, usually by an electric rotator, simply locating the target in the map and rotating the antenna to the angle indicated by the map. The map should be centered as nearly as possible to the actual antenna location.--Wiki

For those of you who have watched the Flattard part 1 video I invite you to watch this video that I think best responds to it from the flat earth perspective. I don't expect you to agree with it, I only want you to understand the basics of flat map.

Flat Earth Smarts 10 - Mapping 101 by Adam Carter

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
afa0dbf9743fb5ed6d4f50fa518a6388.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one here really needs your mindless commentary that has only one point you make over and over. If you have anything intelligent to add to this thread then fine, but if all you want to do is "ridicule" this thread then once is enough.

--Dave

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
No one here really needs your mindless commentary that has only one point you make over and over. If you have anything intelligent to add to this thread then fine, but if all you want to do is "ridicule" this thread then once is enough.

--Dave

Weakness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
A debate is where "opposing arguments" are put forward. Saying the arguments I put forward are "just lies", is not an argument.
I've made the arguments and you know it. And calling a lie a lie works when its true.

The Michelson–Morley experiment was to demonstrate the motion of earth as it orbits the sun not to prove if aether existed. The aether was already believed to exist.
You are wrong - period.

I've been interested in science my entire life, astronomy and physics in particular. I'm not a professional scientists nor am I even an expert in any scientific field but I know enough about the Michelson-Morley experiment to state without reservation and without qualification that you are flatly wrong on this point. Whoever told you this is a liar - period. Now, you have a choice, you can repeat the lie or not.

Michelson and Morley were not attempting to demonstrate the motion of the Earth around the Sun, the Sun does not every day. The experiment was intended to detect an ether. THIS IS WHAT THE EXPERIMENT WAS INTENDED TO MEASURE! That isn't an opinion a strongly held belief, that is a statement of historical fact. The exact set up of their experiment and their results are all a matter of public record and can be readily recreated and repeated by as many flat-earthers as have the gumption to do it.

“The Michelson‐Morley experiment confronted scientists with an embarrassing alternative. On the one hand they could scrap the ether theory which had explained so many things about electricity, magnetism, and light. Or if they insisted on retaining the ether they had to abandon the still more venerable Copernican theory that the earth is in motion. To many physicists it seemed almost easier to believe that the earth stood still than that waves–light waves, electromagnetic waves-could exist without a medium to sustain them. --Historian, Lincoln Barnett, foreword by Albert Einstein

The theory of aether goes back to Newton.
If you propose another conspiracy theory I'll just put you on ignore and write you off as the idiot you're making yourself appear to be. You can be stupid on your own time. I will not subject myself to one idiotic conspiracy theory after another after another after another. You can explain away every fact of history by piling as many conspiracies on top of one another you want by you'll do it without my participation.

And if you bring up how ancient people thought the Earth was flat again, I'll do the same.
You say something that I think you KNOW is fallacious, I point out the fallacy, you effectively acknowledge that it is a fallacy and then repeat it. I point out that you've repeated it and so now you repeat it again (Hoping perhaps that I wouldn't notice?). I'm tired of it David and I'm not putting up with it any more. If you want to end the discussion with me, imply that the fact the old dead guys believed the Earth was flat and therefore we ought to take the idea seriously again. Just imply it. Even a breath of a hint of it is all it will take. Decide right now whether you want to be intellectually honest or whether you want to be stubborn.

There are a number of factors in determining a cosmology. There is no such thing as a single decisive argument for any thing that is about the existence of God, creation vs evolution, time vs timelessness For God.

That does not mean there are unlimited arguments either. We can put the arguments into categories, as we will see in the videos you suggested.

I spent almost the whole day with the "maps" arguments. So I researched the mayor projection map types for their differences, strengths and weaknesses. The argument from distances is one flatards have to address.

I love this episode, "Why are we changing maps? (from The West Wing). It's funny but also true about mapping.

Are you conceding that the flat-earther's map is false?

Clete

Debate drives me to do research from both sides of opposing propositions.

--Dave[/QUOTE]

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Great! Another permanent artifact in this thread because no one seems willing to allow editing on this thread.

I'm going to give it one more week. If the problem hasn't been rectified, I'll start a new thread on the topic and just stop posting in this thread altogether.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Great! Another permanent artifact in this thread because no one seems willing to allow editing on this thread.

I'm going to give it one more week. If the problem hasn't been rectified, I'll start a new thread on the topic and just stop posting in this thread altogether.
More permanent typos in my last post!

Being able to edit posts would fix that!
It would help if you would mention a mod or admin...
[MENTION=12969]Sherman[/MENTION] [MENTION=595]Knight[/MENTION]

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I've made the arguments and you know it. And calling a lie a lie works when its true.

You are wrong - period.

I've been interested in science my entire life, astronomy and physics in particular. I'm not a professional scientists nor am I even an expert in any scientific field but I know enough about the Michelson-Morley experiment to state without reservation and without qualification that you are flatly wrong on this point. Whoever told you this is a liar - period. Now, you have a choice, you can repeat the lie or not.

Michelson and Morley were not attempting to demonstrate the motion of the Earth around the Sun, the Sun does not every day. The experiment was intended to detect an ether. THIS IS WHAT THE EXPERIMENT WAS INTENDED TO MEASURE! That isn't an opinion a strongly held belief, that is a statement of historical fact. The exact set up of their experiment and their results are all a matter of public record and can be readily recreated and repeated by as many flat-earthers as have the gumption to do it.

If you propose another conspiracy theory I'll just put you on ignore and write you off as the idiot you're making yourself appear to be. You can be stupid on your own time. I will not subject myself to one idiotic conspiracy theory after another after another after another. You can explain away every fact of history by piling as many conspiracies on top of one another you want by you'll do it without my participation.

And if you bring up how ancient people thought the Earth was flat again, I'll do the same.
You say something that I think you KNOW is fallacious, I point out the fallacy, you effectively acknowledge that it is a fallacy and then repeat it. I point out that you've repeated it and so now you repeat it again (Hoping perhaps that I wouldn't notice?). I'm tired of it David and I'm not putting up with it any more. If you want to end the discussion with me, imply that the fact the old dead guys believed the Earth was flat and therefore we ought to take the idea seriously again. Just imply it. Even a breath of a hint of it is all it will take. Decide right now whether you want to be intellectually honest or whether you want to be stubborn.

Are you conceding that the flat-earther's map is false?

Clete

Debate drives me to do research from both sides of opposing propositions.

--Dave

As I said, the aether was already understood to exist since Newton and you ignored it. I have quotes that say that the movement of the earth was not detected and the aether that is the medium for the transmission of light, etc., was sacrificed by heliocentrics to save heliocentrism.

Mapping is problematic for flat earth, but I have not said all there is to say on the subject.

"I'm tired of it David and I'm not putting up with it any more."

Really? Where does all your emotion come from? :confused:

--Dave

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
As I said, the aether was already understood to exist since Newton and you ignored it. I have quotes that say that the movement of the earth was not detected and the aether that is the medium for the transmission of light, etc., was sacrificed by heliocentrics to save heliocentrism.

Mapping is problematic for flat earth, but I have not said all there is to say on the subject.

Really? Where does all your emotion come from? :confused:

--Dave
He's a little high strung. How are you liking the new TOL format Dave. Pretty neat.

aba9b43904ae8a9ade4b51cb2ff9f86f.jpg

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
@DFT_Dave I am going to allow you to open a part II since the settings on the archive does not allow editing of the posts. If you don't want to be the OP, then the task will fall to Clete . You two talk it over before opening the new thread.
[MENTION=2589]Clete[/MENTION]

Status
Not open for further replies.