The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
It is ignorance, not stupidity. But it is ignorance without any desire for knowledge.

No. There is no way that he could have said what he said in response to my post out of any sort of ignorance. He doesn't even seem to have any ability to comprehend a word he reads. Ignorance would have asked questions and sought clarification and understanding. Instead, he derides the content of a post he doesn't understand and insults it's author as if I'm the one who's ignorant.

Only raw, undiluted stupidity can account for his comments.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Thanks for helping to keep it alive! :mock: :dunce:
Oh please, I thought this thread was dead. Did you just revive it? Why, oh why?
But seriously. If you think a thread is dead, and someone comments on it, don't comment on it just to say "why did you revive this thread", because then you become part o the problem.

Honestly! Don't be dumb, Jonah!

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
No. There is no way that he could have said what he said in response to my post out of any sort of ignorance. He doesn't even seem to have any ability to comprehend a word he reads. Ignorance would have asked questions and sought clarification and understanding. Instead, he derides the content of a post he doesn't understand and insults it's author as if I'm the one who's ignorant.

Only raw, undiluted stupidity can account for his comments.

Aim that math at a star and tell me how far away it is.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Matt Walsh published an interesting article today about his run-in with Flat Earth people. Check it out here... https://www.dailywire.com/news/3776...JP1tI6vdZGb7pQf9XgSfu_pCIVBZGR_lm0V_WBAuw-iYc

One of the more interesting items was his thought on why people people this theory. Here is an excerpt.
Due to their overwhelming egos, these people want to believe that everyone is wrong and stupid and lying except them. They want to be the only lights of truth and virtue in a world comprised of deception and idiocy. They want us all to be morons so they can be geniuses. They make utter fools of themselves in an effort to put themselves above everyone else. The appeal of the crazy conspiracy theory is the pedestal it provides to its faithful. They get to belong to an exclusive club of Right People, people in the know, people who get it.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Matt Walsh published an interesting article today about his run-in with Flat Earth people. Check it out here... https://www.dailywire.com/news/3776...JP1tI6vdZGb7pQf9XgSfu_pCIVBZGR_lm0V_WBAuw-iYc

One of the more interesting items was his thought on why people people this theory. Here is an excerpt.

There are clearly a lot of people whom this is true of, especially of the flat earth leaders, but most of the followers in the group seem to me to have the opposite problem. It isn't their ego so much as a lack of an ability to trust hardly anyone. As Bob Enyart put it in a recent sermon, they believe nearly everyone is lying about nearly everything. That's as severe a trust issue as I can think of and it speaks to a lack of self-esteem rather than an over inflated ego.

Just my two cents.

Clete

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
There are clearly a lot of people whom this is true of, especially of the flat earth leaders, but most of the followers in the group seem to me to have the opposite problem. It isn't their ego so much as a lack of an ability to trust hardly anyone. As Bob Enyart put it in a recent sermon, they believe nearly everyone is lying about nearly everything. That's as severe a trust issue as I can think of and it speaks to a lack of self-esteem rather than an over inflated ego.

Just my two cents.

Clete

Romans 3:4

“God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.”

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Romans 3:4

“God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.”

Are you quoting this as a biblical proof that nearly everyone is lying to you about nearly everything?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Not nearly. :chuckle:

Soooo...

Don't keep us all guessing! What the heck was your point?

Prediction: He will never respond with anything that makes any sense because implying that the bible teaches that nearly everyone lies about nearly everything absolutely was his point. There wasn't any other possible point he could be making.

Clete

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Soooo...

Don't keep us all guessing! What the heck was your point?

Prediction: He will never respond with anything that makes any sense because implying that the bible teaches that nearly everyone lies about nearly everything absolutely was his point. There wasn't any other possible point he could be making.

Clete
:dunce: 1M1S

Status
Not open for further replies.