The Earth Is A Sphere According To The Bible

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Proverbs 9:1
[ Invitations of Wisdom and Folly ] Wisdom has built her house; she has set up its seven pillars.

Galatians 2:9
James, Cephas and John, those esteemed as pillars,

Revelation 3:12
The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God.
Sure, but those idioms for people only make sense because of what an actual pillar is and what it does.
Since there were no people on the day GOD created the earth, the pillars of the earth cannot be an idiom for people.
Right?

CherubRam

Sure, but those idioms for people only make sense because of what an actual pillar is and what it does.
Since there were no people on the day GOD created the earth, the pillars of the earth cannot be an idiom for people.
Right?

These pillars are leaders in the world that belong to God. The bible has many verses that are parables, and are not to be taken literally.

1 Samuel 2:8 KJV
(8) He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD'S, and he hath set the world upon them.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Is that Skiba's work?
He has written several books on his theories.
I think he is the one that says science has been the biggest factor in people rejecting the Bible as true.

While I thought some of his theories were stretched a bit too far, there was one thing he wrote that always stuck with me -------- that the Bible tells us of the moon and sun moving and that they (like the stars and planets) have a course they follow; but never tells us the earth moves or has a course to follow, but that the earth is stationary, fixed and immovable.

I know but then gravity becomes an issue.

CherubRam

Is that Skiba's work?
He has written several books on his theories.
I think he is the one that says science has been the biggest factor in people rejecting the Bible as true.

While I thought some of his theories were stretched a bit too far, there was one thing he wrote that always stuck with me -------- that the Bible tells us of the moon and sun moving and that they (like the stars and planets) have a course they follow; but never tells us the earth moves or has a course to follow, but that the earth is stationary, fixed and immovable.

The Earth follows the Sun. The Moon follows the Earth. All of the planets in our galaxy follow our Sun which is traveling through space.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The Earth follows the Sun. The Moon follows the Earth. All of the planets in our galaxy follow our Sun which is traveling through space.
Wrong. Only the planets in our solar system revolve around the sun and they don't "follow" the sun. Our galaxy has a center and all stars and systems revolve around the center.

2003cobra

These pillars are leaders in the world that belong to God. The bible has many verses that are parables, and are not to be taken literally.

1 Samuel 2:8 KJV
(8) He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD'S, and he hath set the world upon them.

I find that interpretation far-fetched.

The pillars seem much more like architectural supports.

Job 9 reveals the same thing:
Then Job answered: 2 "Indeed I know that this is so; but how can a mortal be just before God? 3 If one wished to contend with him, one could not answer him once in a thousand. 4 He is wise in heart, and mighty in strength —who has resisted him, and succeeded?— 5 he who removes mountains, and they do not know it, when he overturns them in his anger; 6 who shakes the earth out of its place, and its pillars tremble; 7 who commands the sun, and it does not rise; who seals up the stars; 8 who alone stretched out the heavens and trampled the waves of the Sea; 9 who made the Bear and Orion, the Pleiades and the chambers of the south; 10 who does great things beyond understanding, and marvelous things without number. 11 Look, he passes by me, and I do not see him; he moves on, but I do not perceive him.

Ancient Near East cosmology bears little resemblance to what is known today.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Yep they always think of an answer, or at least half an answer. Personally it could be flat for the simple reason God can do anything.

The picture taken from the space showing clearly that all planets are round.

why all of a sudden this new doubt?

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Rob Skiba video.
[h=1]The Genesis Revelation: Nephilim, Nimrod, NASA, Flat Earth and more[/h]
2 hour video.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Whether one believes in this view or not, watch how well this guy (Rob Skiba) puts his view together by taking scripture literally when describing heaven and earth.

1 hour 50 minutes

carolus magnus

Emperor of the Known Universe
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well, since there are no eyewitness accounts of Jesus in existence, it is not possible to know. But I feel sure you are going to tell us regardless.

Stuart

You are either trolling or ignorant. You can doubt a lot of things from the eyewitness accounts of Jesus if you want, but the existence of eyewitness accounts is undeniable by anyone of reasonable knowledge of the evidence.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Can God make a square circle?
Can God make a rock so big He cannot lift it?

Well yes indeed and I believe the Earth is globular but if you have looked into FE you would see that each argument against FE has a counter argument and although most are strange, God has often made the strange real. Such as young Earth V's Old Earth. Global flood V's no flood. Giants V's no Giants. Angels and Demons V's none. A talking snake and donkey V's nonsense. etc.