"THE DAY OF THE LORD"

Epoisses

Not a dead weight, sorry. Do you believe you should obey God's commands?

Yes.

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. John 13:34,35

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes.

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. John 13:34,35

Amen. We ought to love one another.

Robert Pate

Banned
And by what standard do we judge the verity of our faith? Our faith must be proven by what we say and do according to what?

Where does it say that we have to prove our faith?

Those that have faith will live by faith in Christ.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Where does it say that we have to prove our faith?

Faith is the evidence of things not seen. What is the evidence of your faith?

Evidence can be examined and questioned. What does your faith reveal? (Hebrews 11:1)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I once thought you were smart but not anymore

That's okay, I'll still get by.

One of the things not seen is the Holy Spirit. How can we tell if a person has God's Spirit?

Will a person with God's Spirit love other people? What if a person is Catholic or Calvinist, should we still love them as a human being?

Pate says there are no rules, law or religion, and for him I'm sure that is true. Would I engage in some kind of sports activity with him?

Not a chance, he would say there are no rules, but is that true? Are there no rules for interacting with other people whether in sports or whatever?

And also if anyone competes in athletics, he is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules. (2 Timothy 2:5)​

Epoisses

One of the things not seen is the Holy Spirit. How can we tell if a person has God's Spirit?

Will a person with God's Spirit love other people? What if a person is Catholic or Calvinist, should we still love them as a human being?

Pate says there are no rules, law or religion, and for him I'm sure that is true. Would I engage in some kind of sports activity with him?

Not a chance, he would say there are no rules, but is that true? Are there no rules for interacting with other people whether in sports or whatever?

And also if anyone competes in athletics, he is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules. (2 Timothy 2:5)​

Does love ever say mean or cutting words to his brother or sister?

Jesus told the Syro-Phoenician woman that she was an unworthy dog.

genuineoriginal

Legalists have to prove their faith to God to show him how good they are. They don't trust in Christ alone.

Some of us believe what Jesus said, others think He didn't mean a word of it.

Matthew 7:24-29
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.​

Robert Pate

Banned

There are no laws, rules or religion for the Christian because the Christian is called the live by the Spirit of Christ and not the letter of the law. Living by Spirit is much higher form of living than living by law.

Under the law I would whip you every time. Under grace and the Spirit I would let you win so you would feel good about yourself.