"THE DAY OF THE LORD"

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I do believe the scriptures.

Do you believe this scripture? "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it." (Luke 16:16)

Or how about this scripture? "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John." (Matthew 11:13)

Jesus didn't end the law, that's not why he came. The Father ended the Law and the Prophets.

Why are you trying to override him?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Do you believe this scripture? "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it." (Luke 16:16)

Or how about this scripture? "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John." (Matthew 11:13)

Jesus didn't end the law, that's not why he came. The Father ended the Law and the Prophets.

Why are you trying to override him?

Jesus came after John the Baptist. I'm not trying to override anyone.

Epoisses

There is nothing wrong with the Law. It is a gift to us from God.

The Law is part of a faulty covenant that was replaced by a superior covenant. You are an old covenant law monger who rejects the covenant of grace, an enemy of Jesus Christ. Ye will know them by their fruits.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Law is part of a faulty covenant that was replaced by a superior covenant. You are an old covenant law monger who rejects the covenant of grace, an enemy of Jesus Christ. Ye will know them by their fruits.
I am a new covenant believer therefore I believe according to the New Testament writings that the Law is good. It is for sinners, says the Apostle Paul. It points out sin in people, and this is good!

If you remember from the Bible at the introduction of the new covenant (Jeremiah 31:31-34 NASB) we learn that the fault of the old covenant was not with God or with the Law, His Law, but that the fault was with the people.

Jeremiah 31:31-34 NASB - 31 "Behold, days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them," declares the LORD. 33 "But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the LORD, "I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 "They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," declares the LORD, "for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."

Epoisses

I am a new covenant believer therefore I believe according to the New Testament writings that the Law is good. It is for sinners, says the Apostle Paul. It points out sin in people, and this is good!

If you remember from the Bible at the introduction of the new covenant (Jeremiah 31:31-34 NASB) we learn that the fault of the old covenant was not with God or with the Law, His Law, but that the fault was with the people.

Jeremiah 31:31-34 NASB - 31 "Behold, days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them," declares the LORD. 33 "But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the LORD, "I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 "They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," declares the LORD, "for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."

The law of the new covenant is Love. It even says that we will not have to be taught under the new covenant. It will be imprinted on our hearts like a seal.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The law of the new covenant is Love. It even says that we will not have to be taught under the new covenant. It will be imprinted on our hearts like a seal.
You have an interesting view. Are you getting this from the Jeremiah scriptures or from something or somewhere else?

To be sure that you see that the law is good, I present these verses to you from the Apostle Paul and the New Testament writings (scripture).

Romans 7:7-25 NASB - 7 What shall we say then? Is the Law sin? May it never be! On the contrary, I would not have come to know sin except through the Law; for I would not have known about coveting if the Law had not said, "YOU SHALL NOT COVET." 8 But sin, taking opportunity through the commandment, produced in me coveting of every kind; for apart from the Law sin is dead. 9 I was once alive apart from the Law; but when the commandment came, sin became alive and I died; 10 and this commandment, which was to result in life, proved to result in death for me; 11 for sin, taking an opportunity through the commandment, deceived me and through it killed me. 12 So then, the Law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good. 13 Therefore did that which is good become a cause of death for me? May it never be! Rather it was sin, in order that it might be shown to be sin by effecting my death through that which is good, so that through the commandment sin would become utterly sinful. 14 For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin. 15 For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate. 16 But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good. 17 So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me. 18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not. 19 For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. 20 But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me. 21 I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good. 22 For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man, 23 but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members. 24 Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? 25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

1 Timothy 1:8-11 NASB - 8 But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, 9 realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers 10 and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, 11 according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted.

Epoisses

Everything is 'new' under the new covenant including Israel. Do you thing the atheists and homosexuals in the Holy Land are the Israel of God? I don't think so.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Everything is 'new' under the new covenant including Israel. Do you thing the atheists and homosexuals in the Holy Land are the Israel of God? I don't think so.

Wait a minute. Are you saying sin taints that which is good and holy?

Robert Pate

Banned
I just quoted a verse to you from the New Testament that says that the Law is holy and the commandment is holy, and you referred to the holy land.

Christians are not under laws or rules, nor are they called to live by them.

"The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. Not by rules, laws or religion.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Christians are not under laws or rules, nor are they called to live by them.

"The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. Not by rules, laws or religion.

God's commands are for you to obey. If you believe you should not call them laws I am not going to argue with that. I don't see a problem with it however.

Epoisses

I just quoted a verse to you from the New Testament that says that the Law is holy and the commandment is holy, and you referred to the holy land.

The spiritual aspect of the law that reigns in the heart is holy and just and good. The NT authors described this as receiving the Holy Spirit and living by Christ's love. The carnal aspect of the law found in the old commandments can never cleanse the heart or make you perfect. All they can do is point out sin and make it more sinful. You can't pit Paul against Paul with his statements on the law. When he speaks of establishing the law it is a command to live in the Spirit not go back to the law written in stone which he says was a ministry of death and condemnation 2Cor. 3:7-9

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The spiritual aspect of the law that reigns in the heart is holy and just and good. The NT authors described this as receiving the Holy Spirit and living by Christ's love. The carnal aspect of the law found in the old commandments can never cleanse the heart or make you perfect. All they can do is point out sin and make it more sinful. You can't pit Paul against Paul with his statements on the law. When he speaks of establishing the law it is a command to live in the Spirit not go back to the law written in stone which he says was a ministry of death and condemnation 2Cor. 3:7-9
The Law is about love of God and love of your neighbor. That it condemns is also good. I believe Jesus observed and taught the Law. You can't be saved by the Law, but you can be saved by Jesus, who died for you for the forgiveness of your sins and that you would be granted the free gift of eternal life and escape from the lake of fire as your destiny. All you need to do is hear God's call responding to the gospel with repentance unto faith, accepting and confessing Jesus as Lord.

1 Thessalonians 1:9-10 NASB - 9 For they themselves report about us what kind of a reception we had with you, and how you turned to God from idols to serve a living and true God, 10 and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, that is Jesus, who rescues us from the wrath to come.

Romans 10:8-21 NASB - 8 But what does it say? "THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART"--that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, 9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, "WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED." 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; 13 for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED." 14 How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? 15 How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, "HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO BRING GOOD NEWS OF GOOD THINGS!" 16 However, they did not all heed the good news; for Isaiah says, "LORD, WHO HAS BELIEVED OUR REPORT?" 17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ. 18 But I say, surely they have never heard, have they? Indeed they have;"THEIR VOICE HAS GONE OUT INTO ALL THE EARTH,AND THEIR WORDS TO THE ENDS OF THE WORLD." 19 But I say, surely Israel did not know, did they? First Moses says,"I WILL MAKE YOU JEALOUS BY THAT WHICH IS NOT A NATION,BY A NATION WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING WILL I ANGER YOU." 20 And Isaiah is very bold and says,"I WAS FOUND BY THOSE WHO DID NOT SEEK ME,I BECAME MANIFEST TO THOSE WHO DID NOT ASK FOR ME." 21 But as for Israel He says, "ALL THE DAY LONG I HAVE STRETCHED OUT MY HANDS TO A DISOBEDIENT AND OBSTINATE PEOPLE."