ECT The core of the argument between Christians and MAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyc

The reason that the gospel is a mystery, is because the way into the most holy place was not known while the first tabernacle was still standing. Flesh cannot enter heaven. The Mosaic law is nothing but a restraint on the flesh.

So there can be no promise of a heavenly reward directed towards the natural man. How does the man become spiritual? This is the mystery.

And so this mystery that you guys keep harping on a about, is simply being conformed to the image of Christ, the heavenly man. The first fruits. The person we must be conformed to in order to inherit the same kingdom.

That is the mystery hidden from ages past, because the natural man cannot receive those things which are spiritual.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Paul called it the gospel. He did not indicate it was partial.
Did he?

Your anger concerning 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV) shows your true colors.

I harbor no anger towards any of Paul's teachings.

I simply think MAD is wrong to elevate Paul's words over the words of Jesus Christ, in order to make it out that Paul taught a different gospel message than did the Lord.

SaulToPaul 2

T Flesh cannot enter heaven.

Acts 1:10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

Acts 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

Acts 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Titus 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Correctamundo!

Not the same.

andyc

What did Abraham look for?

Land or a city?

Yes.

It's because there is no way he could be a father of many nations without a spiritual fulfillment. Physical Canaan would only be the land of the Israelites, but there would be another Canaan that would be made up of a multitude of nations.

This is what Abraham had his eye on. He saw Christ's day, and was glad.

SaulToPaul 2

I simply think MAD is wrong to elevate Paul's words over the words of Jesus Christ, in order to make it out that Paul taught a different gospel message than did the Lord.

1 Corinthians 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

1 Corinthians 14:38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

andyc

Acts 1:10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

Acts 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Those things which are unseen are eternal.
John saw Jesus taken up, but he also stated that he doesn't know what he became. Just that we shall be made like him.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Abraham looked for a city.

Israelites were promised land.

Yes, and the land promises were fulfilled, and received by the children of Ishmael.

But the heavenly promises of an eternal city, the New Jerusalem, were made to Abraham and are fulfilled through Jesus Christ who came through the faithful lineage of Isaac.

See Galatians 4:21-31

SaulToPaul 2

He saw Christ's day, and was glad.

Genesis 18:1 And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;

Genesis 18:2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,

andyc

Genesis 18:1 And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;

Genesis 18:2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,

He saw Christ's *day*. It's what the day signified.

SaulToPaul 2

He saw Christ's *day*. It's what the day signified.

Genesis 18:17 And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do;

Genesis 18:18 Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?

andyc

Genesis 18:17 And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do;

Genesis 18:18 Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?

?

The nations of the earth are blessed because his faith led to the spiritual seed coming through his line.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Nope.

Ezekiel reiterated the land promises to the children of Israel.

Ezekiel is not to be read literally, but understood spiritually, and to be fulfilled in the new heavens and new earth, in, by, and through, the Person of the Risen Lord.

The temporal land promises were only a type of the spiritual, eternal promises of heavenly Zion. See Hebrews 12:22-27

SaulToPaul 2

I thought you let scripture interpret scripture?

Isaiah 42:6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

Acts 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

Acts 13:47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.

:noway:

SaulToPaul 2

Ezekiel is not to be read literally, but understood spiritually, and to be fulfilled in the new heavens and new earth, in the Person of the Risen Lord.

The temporal land promises were only a type of the spiritual, eternal promises of heavenly Zion. See Hebrews 12:22-27

All made up.

The land WHEREIN YOUR FATHERS DWELT.

Ezekiel 37:25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

Believe anything except the words on the page, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.