The Conditions for Receiving the Holy Spirit

beloved57

There is no scripture that says the elect are made righteous.

The scripture says... "Many shall be made righteous". Nothing about the elect.

There is no scripture that says anything about an "Elective Union in Christ".

You add or you subtract from God's word to try and substantiate your phony doctrine.

You don't believe or understand the scriptures!

God's Truth

All men by nature are in the flesh and can't please God Rom 8:8 nor obey God Rom 8:7 !

Read this scripture carefully:

Hebrews 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

That is about people who have not found God.

That is about people who have not found God, yet they have to PLEASE God with faith before He rewards them.

ttruscott

Paul said to the Galatians, "This only would I learn of you, did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (Because you did something) or by the hearing of faith? ( Hearing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

The Holy Spirit is given to those who hear and believe the Gospel.

Then John the Baptist heard and believed the gospel before his birth: Luke 1:15 ...for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born.

So, did he hear and accept in the womb or before the womb, that is, before he was sown into the world?

whitestone

lol,and see many years ago I was once just like you. I also believed in salvation by works. I didn't see that the very thing that I was doing was denying the blood of the cross. Yes the words Jesus is your Savior,Jesus is the Christ are the words I said,but there was no proof I believed it if you examined my works.

I said this over and over to all who ventured into my path. You remind me of that man I once knew. I by the time the internet came about understood different,I knew that I was not mine own Savior.

I say you were saved by the blood of the cross at Calvary. You say when I say it to you "no way!". Years ago I pondered if there were any who experienced this conversion to Christ while chatting back and forth in a chat room. I have seen some few who I thought saw the truth.but as I watched them closer they descended back to salvation by works,so it's rare at best.

There are not but the two. There is the Holy Spirit,and there is the UN-holy spirit. One see's these that were made clean by the cross "clean",and the other see's the same as "UN-clean". Those who see that the cross saved them and made them clean have the Holy Spirit,the other seeing these left unsaved the UN-holy spirit and are anti-Christ.

lol, remember that it was once said Acts 10:14-15 KJV common,unclean and remember that if God sees these as clean and not common who is a man who sees them unclean? Every person who believes these as unclean are thrust into salvation by works. Every person who believes that they were saved by the cross are not and are then at rest from their works.

Beg Christ to save you,he will not deny his own blood that he sees as your salvation to give you another. Again who denies the blood of the cross is it God who leads you to works of self salvation or is it you who doesn't believe? God knows fully well that Jesus of Nazareth saved you at the cross,he will not deny his sons blood.

You ask God to count your works as your salvation. You say "if I say this it is equal to salvation",the things you do you believe they are the work unto salvation. The whole while the work is done already by Christ and you do not believe it. There are only those two things to ponder one is a spirit of peace,the other a strong delusion. I cannot repent of being saved by Christ and return to the land of the dead.

and heres what I actually said in post #149,,,

whitestone

You might have believed it, but you did not obey it. If you would have obeyed it, then you would know the power in obeying His Word.

I don’t think you know what the blood of the cross means.
I want to tell you what it means.
It means the sins you confess and repent of doing…you believe his blood cleans you from them.

You see here, you admit you did not obey.We have to do more than just believe we have to obey---we have to actually obey!

If you do not obey Jesus, then you have no Spirit and no life.
If you are not obeying Jesus, then what in the world are you doing with your life?

Again, from what do you think you were made clean?
We are made clean from the sins we did, the sins we repented of doing. If you are still doing the same sins, then you are not living through the Spirit, and the Spirit is not living through you.

When God sees the person as clean, it is BECAUSE THEY CAME TO THAT GRACE BY BELIEF THAT JESUS’ blood cleaned them from the sins they committed.
NO ONE is cleaned until they come to God through Jesus and obey him. They must repent of their sins.
The BIBLE says we have ACCESS to that grace of God…we have ACCESS to being saved…we have access by having FAITH that Jesus’ blood really cleans us of the sins we REPENT OF DOING.

Romans 5:2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God.

After God said what He does in Acts 10:14-15 to Peter about don’t call anything unclean that He has made clean---that is about when GOD MAKES someone clean. The person is not made clean until they personally come to God and repent of their sins.
Think about it some more. Remember when Peter went to Cornelius and his whole household? They were righteous and God fearing Gentiles.
God accepted Cornelius and all the people there because they were God fearing and righteous. Do you think God calls someone clean who is disobedient and one who does not repent of their sins and are cleaned by the blood of Jesus?
Acts 10:34 Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism
35 but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right.

So you see, Cornelius and his whole household already believed in God and Jesus.
Now read what Peter says next:

36 You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, telling the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.
37 You know what has happened throughout Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached--
38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.
39 "We are witnesses of everything he did in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They killed him by hanging him on a tree,
40 but God raised him from the dead on the third day and caused him to be seen.
41 He was not seen by all the people, but by witnesses whom God had already chosen--by us who ateand drank with him after he rose from the dead.
42 He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead.
43 All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name."

Did you read that?
Peter says YOU KNOW THE MESSAGE…What message? THE MESSAGE THAT SAVES! What is the message that saves? The message that saves is we must believe in Jesus for the FORGIVENESS OF OUR SINS.
How do you receive forgiveness?
We receive forgiveness by being sorry for our sins and REPENTING OF THEM.
If you are not sorry for your sins and do not repent of them, tell me why you should receive forgiveness?

Jesus Christ himself saved me. I have a powerful testimony.
I believed in God and Jesus my whole life, since I was a small child, but God did not save me until I started to obey Him.

You are hindered by false teachers.

Paul said no works. Paul did not say no obey.
You misunderstand Paul, a Pharisee, who new for hundreds of years the works the Jews used to have to do just to be made clean to go to the temple just to worship God. God’s Spirit was in the temple. God was among the people who cleaned themselves with the ceremonial works.
Those are the works that no longer save. We no longer have to clean ourselves because it is faith in Jesus’ blood that cleans us. That does NOT MEAN WE NOT LONGER have to obey God.
Jesus did not die so that you no longer have to obey God. God did not nail obedience to the cross.

Obeying Jesus is not my works; it is doing God’s works. Jesus said he did His Father’s works, and we must do God’s will too.
It is NEVER EVER wrong to obey Jesus.
Don’t you see that you are the one who believes a delusion? Who has talked you into believing it is good and right to not obey Jesus?
That is dead faith and cannot save anyone. That dead faith is not the most important faith ever known, for it is dead. See James 2:14, 17, 20, and 22.

hears where you rearranged it,,,see you have no proof of your works and think that none will ever read through a post to see what the posters actually said.

Robert Pate

Banned
Then John the Baptist heard and believed the gospel before his birth: Luke 1:15 ...for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born.

So, did he hear and accept in the womb or before the womb, that is, before he was sown into the world?

John the Baptist was a prophet. He was chosen by God.

You should not compare yourself with prophets and apostles. That is not the norm for Christians.

God's Truth

hears where you rearranged it,,,see you have no proof of your works and think that none will ever read through a post to see what the posters actually said.

I have not rearranged anything.

You do not have any other way to defend your false beliefs than with speaking falseness.

Speak to me by addressing what I said, and explain exactly what you are talking about.

whitestone

I have not rearranged anything.

You do not have any other way to defend your false beliefs than with speaking falseness.

Speak to me by addressing what I said, and explain exactly what you are talking about.

well maybe you misunderstood what I said in post #149. You said that I admitted that I did not obey in your post.

If you believe that you are to constantly repent to be saved then do you not also agree that you also did not obey,what do you repent of?

You see if you agree that you repent to be saved then you also agree that you do not obey. If you do obey then what do you repent of? So if you believe you must repent to be saved,then you also should agree that you also have no proof of salvation by works.

You say that I admit that I did not obey as if I had obeyed then I would have saved mine own self. Though if we had have obeyed then there would have been no need for the cross since we saved our own selves by obeying.

The issue is that we did not obey. Since we did not obey and God foreknew that we would not the firstborn of creation was our Savior.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
well maybe you misunderstood what I said in post #149. You said that I admitted that I did not obey in your post.

If you believe that you are to constantly repent to be saved then do you not also agree that you also did not obey,what do you repent of?

You see if you agree that you repent to be saved then you also agree that you do not obey. If you do obey then what do you repent of? So if you believe you must repent to be saved,then you also should agree that you also have no proof of salvation by works.

You say that I admit that I did not obey as if I had obeyed then I would have saved mine own self. Though if we had have obeyed then there would have been no need for the cross since we saved our own selves by obeying.

The issue is that we did not obey. Since we did not obey and God foreknew that we would not the firstborn of creation was our Savior.

GT is only saved by what she does. GT is sinless because she repents and obeys all of Jesus' commands, just ask. Obeying is the most important thing to GT.

God's Truth

You have to repent of your sins when you want to be saved; and, after you are saved, you are not to sin, but if you do, then you are to repent.

You see if you agree that you repent to be saved then you also agree that you do not obey.
Everyone has sinned in life.
You can have all your sins washed away and be born again with a new life without sins. You will be starting over, but this time you will be given the Holy Spirit to help you.
If you do obey then what do you repent of?
Everyone has sinned and when they want to be saved, they repent of their sins.

After you are saved, IF YOU SIN, then you repent of it.

So if you believe you must repent to be saved,then you also should agree that you also have no proof of salvation by works.

I have no idea what you are trying to say.
You say that I admit that I did not obey as if I had obeyed then I would have saved mine own self.

If you obey Jesus and repent as Jesus says to do, then he will take you to the Father. Jesus put us in him so we can be in the Father.
Though if we had have obeyed then there would have been no need for the cross since we saved our own selves by obeying.
Even if you obeyed much in your life, there are times you might have sinned. Even if you obeyed God blamelessly, Jesus would still of had to die for us. Jesus cleans us, and that is when he reconciles us to God, and we become the temple of the Living God.

I hope you understand now.

whitestone

God does not zap people with the Holy Spirit and make them Christians as Calvinist believe. Nor does God give his Holy Spirit to those who do good works such as Catholics.

Paul said to the Galatians, "This only would I learn of you, did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (Because you did something) or by the hearing of faith? ( Hearing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

The Holy Spirit is given to those who hear and believe the Gospel.

The minute that one hears and believes the Gospel God seals them with the Holy Spirit and places them "In Christ".

"In whom you also trusted after you had heard the word of truth, The Gospel of your salvation: in whom after that you believed you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise" Ephesians 1:13.

God only gives his Holy Spirit to those whom he sees as perfect and complete "In Christ", Colossians 2:10.

The Gospel is the entrance into eternal life. God's mark of ownership is the Holy Spirit. In the judgment you will be identified by the Holy Spirit. If you are void of the Holy Spirit you are lost.

WHAT IS THE EVIDENCE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT?

Good works are not evidence that one is indwelt with the Holy Spirit. Many are trying to work their way into heaven by their works or by being good enough.

Those that are indwelt with the Holy Spirit testify of Christ, John 15:26. They teach and preach the Gospel and are witnesses for Christ in what they say, do and believe. They are Christians.

They do not speak of themselves, John 16:13. Religious people are always talking about themselves and their religion. The Gospel is not about us, the Gospel is about Jesus Christ.

They glorify Jesus Christ, John 16:14. Christ is glorified when the Gospel is preached. The religious glorify themselves. Religion is subjective, The Gospel of Jesus Christ is objective (outside of us).

indeed,indeed R.P.,,,the great obeyer's and repenter's only need repent if they "do not obey",,if they obey then they have no need to repent(it is their foggy grey area).

I've never thought one might receive the Holy Spirit during a discussion in a forum online. Maybe it is possible,all is possible with God I've just never been convinced I've witnessed it yet. It is an difficult thing to explain to someone online,but maybe.

one thing is lacking,that is for them to acknowledge that our Savior was the first born of all creation Colossians 1:15 KJV and that he was created because they would never be able to completely obey and would forever need to repent.

In Arron from generation to generation as one died another was made High priest to God for not obeying and having the perpetual need to repent. Yet we have an Savior,once offered and without end. They have this one awakening in their minds,as you said that condition before receiving the Holy Ghost they must confess who is the Savior and who is not.