The Conditions for Receiving the Holy Spirit

Robert Pate

Banned
God does not zap people with the Holy Spirit and make them Christians as Calvinist believe. Nor does God give his Holy Spirit to those who do good works such as Catholics.

Paul said to the Galatians, "This only would I learn of you, did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (Because you did something) or by the hearing of faith? ( Hearing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

The Holy Spirit is given to those who hear and believe the Gospel.

The minute that one hears and believes the Gospel God seals them with the Holy Spirit and places them "In Christ".

"In whom you also trusted after you had heard the word of truth, The Gospel of your salvation: in whom after that you believed you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise" Ephesians 1:13.

God only gives his Holy Spirit to those whom he sees as perfect and complete "In Christ", Colossians 2:10.

The Gospel is the entrance into eternal life. God's mark of ownership is the Holy Spirit. In the judgment you will be identified by the Holy Spirit. If you are void of the Holy Spirit you are lost.

WHAT IS THE EVIDENCE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT?

Good works are not evidence that one is indwelt with the Holy Spirit. Many are trying to work their way into heaven by their works or by being good enough.

Those that are indwelt with the Holy Spirit testify of Christ, John 15:26. They teach and preach the Gospel and are witnesses for Christ in what they say, do and believe. They are Christians.

They do not speak of themselves, John 16:13. Religious people are always talking about themselves and their religion. The Gospel is not about us, the Gospel is about Jesus Christ.

They glorify Jesus Christ, John 16:14. Christ is glorified when the Gospel is preached. The religious glorify themselves. Religion is subjective, The Gospel of Jesus Christ is objective (outside of us).

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
God does not zap people with the Holy Spirit and make them Christians as Calvinist believe. Nor does God give his Holy Spirit to those who do good works such as Catholics.

Paul said to the Galatians, "This only would I learn of you, did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (Because you did something) or by the hearing of faith? ( Hearing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

The minute that one hears and believes the Gospel God seals them with the Holy Spirit and places them "In Christ".

"In whom you also trusted after you had heard the word of truth, The Gospel of your salvation: in whom after that you believed you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise" Ephesians 1:13.

God only gives his Holy Spirit to those whom he sees as perfect and complete "In Christ", Colossians 2:10.

The Gospel is the entrance into eternal life. God's mark of ownership is the Holy Spirit. In the judgment you will be identified by the Holy Spirit. If you are void of the Holy Spirit you are lost.

Good works are not evidence that one is indwelt with the Holy Spirit. Many are trying to work their way into heaven by their works or by being good enough.

Those that are indwelt with the Holy Spirit testify of Christ, John 15:26. They teach and preach the Gospel and are witnesses for Christ in what they say, do and believe. They are Christians.

They do not speak of themselves, John 16:13. Religious people are always talking about themselves and their religion. The Gospel is not about us, the Gospel is about Jesus Christ.

They glorify Jesus Christ, John 16:14. Christ is glorified when the Gospel is preached. The religious glorify themselves. Religion is subjective, The Gospel of Jesus Christ is objective (outside of us).

Good, no arguments here. -

Bradley D

I believe in coming to realize one has sinned, a repentance, and a belief that Christ has died for our sins.

"The time has come,' he said. 'The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!" (Mark 1:15)

"I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life" (1 John 5:13).

God's Truth

The Holy Spirit is given to those who obey. See Acts 5:32.
Catholics do not obey. They call their brothers in Christ ‘father’, they bow to the works of their hands, they pray to Mary and other “Saints”, etc.
We have to obey to receive the Holy Spirit.
Paul is speaking about the ceremonial works such as circumcision and observing special days. Paul is not rebuking the Galatians for obeying Jesus too much.

Believe what? Believe that we have to repent of our sins.
What?

The good works we have to do is to forgive others, do not steal, do not lust, do not get angry, etc.

The gospel is about having a personal relationship with God.
Jesus gives his Holy Spirit to those who believe and obey him. That is to whom Jesus makes his home with. Do you really think that God the Father, and Jesus Christ are going to make their home with people who are not sorry for their sins and have not repented?
See John 14:23.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
In this present dispensation, one is sealed with the Holy Spirit at the point at which they believe/faith/trust in the work of Christ on the cross in paying the penalty for our sins, believing that He died and was resurrected the third day, which is obedience to the gospel.

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Eph 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.- KJV

Eph 1:13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,
Eph 1:14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.- ESV

Eph 1:13 In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation--having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise,
Eph 1:14 who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of His glory.- NASB

God's Truth

God gives the Holy Spirit to those who fear Him and who does what is right.

Acts 10:35 but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right.

Acts 10:22 The men replied, "We have come from Cornelius the centurion. He is a righteous and God-fearing man, who is respected by all the Jewish people. A holy angel told him to ask you to come to his house so that he could hear what you have to say."

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

glorydaz

In this present dispensation, one is sealed with the Holy Spirit at the point at which they believe/faith/trust in the work of Christ on the cross in paying the penalty for our sins, believing that He died and was resurrected the third day, which is obedience to the gospel.

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Eph 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.- KJV

Eph 1:13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,
Eph 1:14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.- ESV

Eph 1:13 In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation--having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise,
Eph 1:14 who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of His glory.- NASB

Amen....the obedience of faith! :thumb:

Romans 16:26
But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

achduke

Here is the prophecy of God bringing Israel from the grave and putting his spirit in them at that time.

Ezekiel 37:13 "Then you shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O My people, and brought you up from your graves.

Ezekiel 37:14 "I will put My Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I, the LORD, have spoken it and performed it," says the Lord.' "

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Here is the prophecy of God bringing Israel from the grave and putting his spirit in them at that time.

Ezekiel 37:13 "Then you shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O My people, and brought you up from your graves.

Ezekiel 37:14 "I will put My Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I, the LORD, have spoken it and performed it," says the Lord.' "

Yeah......yet future.

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

djokica8

Are serial killers reciving holy spirit by beliving in gospel?

whitestone

lol,bare in mind I'm the neophyte,,,but in Acts 9:6 KJV Paul neither had heard nor believed the Gospel. Instead he was told in Acts 9:6 KJV what he needed to do.

So the two "conditions" that everyone needs to do,fulfill,accomplish ect. Paul himself had not yet "done,fulfilled,accomplished ect."(the things you listed to do to receive the Holy Spirit),,,

Maybe it just seems odd but if we say to those who make a list of (things to do to be saved) and say that no in fact you are saved by Grace,and only Grace then is it proper to begin a "new list of things to do to" ,,,

NEW LIST OF THINGS TO DO
(1) hear,
(2) believe,

again Paul had not yet done either of those two in A9:6

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
Are serial killers reciving holy spirit by beliving in gospel?

The apostle Paul was a killer of Christians before he was converted to Christ on the road to Damascus.

We should never limit the power of the Holy Spirit to bring people to Christ.

My conversion to Christ was a shock for many.

Robert Pate

Banned
lol,bare in mind I'm the neophyte,,,but in Acts 9:6 KJV Paul neither had heard nor believed the Gospel. Instead he was told in Acts 9:6 KJV what he needed to do.

So the two "conditions" that everyone needs to do,fulfill,accomplish ect. Paul himself had not yet "done,fulfilled,accomplished ect."(the things you listed to do to receive the Holy Spirit),,,

Maybe it just seems odd but if we say to those who make a list of (things to do to be saved) and say that no in fact you are saved by Grace,and only Grace then is it proper to begin a "new list of things to do to" ,,,

NEW LIST OF THINGS TO DO
(1) hear,
(2) believe,

again Paul had not yet done either of those two in A9:6

God had a purpose for Paul. Paul, like the other apostles was chosen.

Paul was called to be an apostle and to be murdered for his faith in Christ.

God called the most unlikely man to be a witness for Christ and his Gospel.

God's Truth

Yeah......yet future.

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Paul was letting the believers know that the Jews were not cut off forever...that within the Jewish community---there are true believers who will come out of her and will be saved. It must have seemed as if God cut off all Jews forever. If God had cut off all Jews forever, then SOME TRUE BELIEVERS will be cut off forever. Since that is not the case---all Israel (meaning all true believers) will be saved, because not a whole race of people is cut off.

The Jews can be saved now just as the Gentiles can be saved.

When Jesus comes again, it will not be to bear sin, so then, it will be too late for anyone not yet saved.