The Conditions for Receiving the Holy Spirit

beloved57

Your problem is that you don't understand the Gospel.

In the Gospel Jesus justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5. Romans 3:26.

He justifies them without works or obedience to the law.

Both of you have the same problem, Salvation by works or by performing a condition, either way you both believe man must DO something !

whitestone

which "two"?,,,"condition for receiving the Holy Ghost" and "saved By the Savior on the cross" are two different things one is when Jesus actually saved us and the other is when we believed it and were sealed?

Maybe you didn't have me in mind among the two,lol but none receive the Holy Ghost unless they believed that he saved them. So it is possible for them to be saved and not believe it.

Not believing it set's them into a spirit in terror in which they make a list and check it twice,of fear,and doubt. but to those who believe on it all doubt is removed and where there were no confidence there then is confidence.

I do not behold anyone as if not saved by Christ on the cross. I do behold some who do not believe that they are saved and are in agony. If at any time they behold their salvation the agony will perish and they will rest from their works. I do not say to them "have you been saved yet?",,I tell them the good news,"that they are".

God's Truth

Your problem is that you don't understand the Gospel.

In the Gospel Jesus justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5. Romans 3:26.

He justifies them without works or obedience to the law.

God justifies us by faith in Jesus' blood, but nowhere anywhere does it say without any obedience. That is a false doctrine.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
God justifies us by faith in Jesus' blood, but nowhere anywhere does it say without any obedience. That is a false doctrine.

Eph 1:13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,
Eph 1:14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.- ESV

God's Truth

which "two"?,,,"condition for receiving the Holy Ghost" and "saved By the Savior on the cross" are two different things one is when Jesus actually saved us and the other is when we believed it and were sealed?
The Bible plainly says the Holy Spirit is given to those who obey.

You have to believe what is written.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Maybe you didn't have me in mind among the two,lol but none receive the Holy Ghost unless they believed that he saved them. So it is possible for them to be saved and not believe it.

Not believing it set's them into a spirit in terror in which they make a list and check it twice,of fear,and doubt. but to those who believe on it all doubt is removed and where there were no confidence there then is confidence.

I do not behold anyone as if not saved by Christ on the cross. I do behold some who do not believe that they are saved and are in agony. If at any time they behold their salvation the agony will perish and they will rest from their works. I do not say to them "have you been saved yet?",,I tell them the good news,"that they are".

No one is saved without first believing and obeying.

The good news is not that unbelieving and unrepentant sinners are saved.

Jesus says if you don't believe you will die in your sins; and repent or perish.

Do you recognize the words of God?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Bible plainly says the Holy Spirit is given to those who obey.

You have to believe what is written.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

No one is saved without first believing and obeying.

The good news is not that unbelieving and unrepentant sinners are saved.

Jesus says if you don't believe you will die in your sins; and repent or perish.

Do you recognize the words of God?

Have you climbed the Scala Sancta on your knees, yet?

God's Truth

Eph 1:13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,

What is the word of truth? The word of truth is that if you obey Jesus, and confess and repent of your sins, Jesus will wash your sins away.

The gospel is for the God fearing people.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.
Eph 1:14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.- ESV

The Holy Spirit is given to those who obey.

If anyone wants to be saved, all they have to do is what Jesus says. He is the Way.

God's Truth

Romans 5:6 (KJV)

The ungodly were those who did not get circumcised and do the other cleaning works; that was the Gentiles.

Why are you hiding from Paul's words? Please stop trying to nullify what Paul says.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

SaulToPaul 2

The ungodly were those who did not get circumcised and do the other cleaning works; that was the Gentiles.

Why are you hiding from Paul's words? Please stop trying to nullify what Paul says.

Romans 5:6 (KJV)