The Conditions for Receiving the Holy Spirit

whitestone

The Bible plainly says the Holy Spirit is given to those who obey.

You have to believe what is written.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

No one is saved without first believing and obeying.

The good news is not that unbelieving and unrepentant sinners are saved.

Jesus says if you don't believe you will die in your sins; and repent or perish.

Do you recognize the words of God?

The Bible plainly says the Holy Spirit is given to those who obey.

You have to believe what is written.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

No one is saved without first believing and obeying.

The good news is not that unbelieving and unrepentant sinners are saved.

Jesus says if you don't believe you will die in your sins; and repent or perish.

Do you recognize the words of God?

are you quite sure thats what it says? I notice that you reword what is said in Acts 5:32 KJV to make it say that the Holy Ghost is given to those who "obey"

In both the NKJV and the KJV the words that appear in italics were not in the original manuscripts and if we look very close at the details the words "so is" are in italics,and then were added. Removed they are saying that they were witnesses of the Holy Ghost and not that the Holy Ghost was the witness.

In acts 2 and in acts 4:31 KJV they were witnesses to the Holy Ghost so it makes sense that they would say that they were witnesses of these things i.e. Acts 5:29-32 KJV and why is in Acts 4 and 5 they are being both ask in whose name and authority they were speaking.

They were then told not to speak in the name of Jesus,of his Resurrection,that he was the savior ect. and then in the end they said that they should not obey men but instead God and why was that they were witnesses to his DBR and "the Holy Ghost".

This word is used only 4 times http://biblehub.com/greek/3980.htm yet this is the only one time in which you bring this point up. The word repentance is also used together with forgiveness of sins.

In Genesis 6:6 KJV "and it repented the Lord the he had made..." so he that made the earth Colossians 1:16 KJV and who is the image of the invisible God Colossians 1:15 KJV repented that he had made the earth. But this repentance of the creator is not as if he was asking the invisible God Genesis 6:5 KJV for "forgiveness" unless we suppose our own creator subject to sin in our creation.

I don't suppose any do think that,that the Son of God who is created an Savior need to repent to be saved,if so and he is the only Savior who will save him?

Obey and repent are words scattered throughout many books in our bible and are translated by translators in the context of the topic involved where these words exist. Again also are these words that the translators added to make the sentence flow to conform to their idea of what is meant.

At times bearing in mind those italics were added would change the meaning of the same text. In this case if they are removed the apostles are stating "they were witnesses to the Holy Ghost" if the words in italics are left in the Holy Ghost is the one "bearing witness" ,two different ownership's.

But what in the context of Acts 4,5 what were they being told to disobey was it not that Jesus of Nazareth was the very Messiah?

beloved57

If you do not respond to the Gospel with love and thanksgiving you will perish.

Yall both need to embrace one another as both of you are in alliance against Salvation by the Grace of God, and teach that man must perform one way or the other before God saves him !

Robert Pate

Banned
I'm Justified by Christ's Obedience alone, for it made me Righteous Rom 5:19 which is Justification !

You can quote scripture all that you want, but if you don't come to Christ as a repentant sinner to be saved by him and him alone, you will perish.

whitestone

I'm Justified by Christ's Obedience alone, for it made me Righteous Rom 5:19 which is Justification !

and as for me, not one hair on my head can I change nor could I have myself grow an inch taller no more than I could save mine own self. My Savior preexisted Adam my forefather and was born into the world to preform the act of my salvation. He is my husband I am flesh of his flesh bone of his bone. His name is written in the book of life and I being his wife am also,that is "and your whole household".,,But whose obedience, is it not his?

God's Truth

are you quite sure thats what it says? I notice that you reword what is said in Acts 5:32 KJV to make it say that the Holy Ghost is given to those who "obey"
That is what it says.

In both the NKJV and the KJV the words that appear in italics were not in the original manuscripts and if we look very close at the details the words "so is" are in italics,and then were added. Removed they are saying that they were witnesses of the Holy Ghost and not that the Holy Ghost was the witness.
You speak nonsense that does not matter.

In acts 2 and in acts 4:31 KJV they were witnesses to the Holy Ghost so it makes sense that they would say that they were witnesses of these things i.e. Acts 5:29-32 KJV and why is in Acts 4 and 5 they are being both ask in whose name and authority they were speaking.

Just concentrate on the part that says the Holy Spirit given to those who obey.

They were then told not to speak in the name of Jesus,of his Resurrection,that he was the savior ect. and then in the end they said that they should not obey men but instead God and why was that they were witnesses to his DBR and "the Holy Ghost".

This word is used only 4 times http://biblehub.com/greek/3980.htm yet this is the only one time in which you bring this point up. The word repentance is also used together with forgiveness of sins.

In Genesis 6:6 KJV "and it repented the Lord the he had made..." so he that made the earth Colossians 1:16 KJV and who is the image of the invisible God Colossians 1:15 KJV repented that he had made the earth. But this repentance of the creator is not as if he was asking the invisible God Genesis 6:5 KJV for "forgiveness" unless we suppose our own creator subject to sin in our creation.

I don't suppose any do think that,that the Son of God who is created an Savior need to repent to be saved,if so and he is the only Savior who will save him?

Obey and repent are words scattered throughout many books in our bible and are translated by translators in the context of the topic involved where these words exist. Again also are these words that the translators added to make the sentence flow to conform to their idea of what is meant.

At times bearing in mind those italics were added would change the meaning of the same text. In this case if they are removed the apostles are stating "they were witnesses to the Holy Ghost" if the words in italics are left in the Holy Ghost is the one "bearing witness" ,two different ownership's.

But what in the context of Acts 4,5 what were they being told to disobey was it not that Jesus of Nazareth was the very Messiah?

I have no idea what you are rambling on about.

God's Truth

Jesus' blood cleans you without you also having to clean yourself by getting circumcised and obeying special days, etc. it does not mean we are justified by not obeying. That is insanity.

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus' blood cleans you without you also having to clean yourself by getting circumcised and obeying special days, etc. it does not mean we are justified by not obeying. That is insanity.

You are a first class Judaizer, just like James.

A Judaizer is one that believes in Jesus, but also believes that you must keep the law of Moses, Acts 15:20, 21.

Jesus is the end of the law of Moses for everyone that believes, Romans 10:4.

You are trying to do in your flesh what God has already done in Jesus Christ.

ttruscott

John the Baptist was a prophet. He was chosen by God.

Without following the protocol you say is necessary. Obviously it is not.

You should not compare yourself with prophets and apostles. That is not the norm for Christians.

I did not compare myself with prophets and apostles and your false accusation opens your character to everyone.

beloved57

A Judaizer is one that believes in Jesus, but also believes that you must keep the law of Moses, Acts 15:20, 21.

You both teach salvation by works, by what a person does!

whitestone

That is what it says.

You speak nonsense that does not matter.

Just concentrate on the part that says the Holy Spirit given to those who obey.

I have no idea what you are rambling on about.

the italics, well the addition of italicized words into all English translations faced the same problem that exist in any translation of language.

This as early as 100 years ago was common knowledge to most that the words that were in italics were added to correct the difference between the idioms between Greek/Hebrew and English.

In older English translations of the bible the translators gave an explanation of this in either the "preface" or in the section "translators to the reader" stating that the words in italics were (added) but in most modern translations it was omitted (believed to be common knowledge) but as it seems it is not commonly understood in these modern times.

In most cases these additions to the original text seem to render the same meaning,but in some cases if you read the same scripture and omit them the meaning completely changes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_James_Version

whitestone

You both teach salvation by works, by what a person does!

Add (your self) to the list and say,,,"we all three teach salvation by works and point out the list of thing's they do to be saved."

Put your on your list,,, and say "This is the list of things we do (not do) to so that we can say we are saved because we do not do them ..."

Both of them have been breaking one of the things you have on your list of "things (not to do) to work your way to Heaven"

lol, I get it b57 on your list what are all of the things you don't do to earn your way into heaven?

whitestone

whitestone

See My threads !

why will they contradict the things you've already posted on this thread? Shouldn't we just go back through this thread and count how many times you've posted "you both teach salvation by works"?

if you don't have a list of things not to do to be saved,why did you keep pointing out that they kept breaking one of the things on your list?,,,,,your both breaking one of my rules,lol,,,,your works speak louder than your words.

beloved57

why will they contradict the things you've already posted on this thread? Shouldn't we just go back through this thread and count how many times you've posted "you both teach salvation by works"?

if you don't have a list of things not to do to be saved,why did you keep pointing out that they kept breaking one of the things on your list?,,,,,your both breaking one of my rules,lol,,,,your works speak louder than your words.

Read my threads and find out!

God's Truth

You are ridiculous, for a Judaizer is one that tried to do in the flesh what Jesus has already done and that is to clean us. The ceremonial works are the works that clean, and those ceremonial works are circumcision, a dietary law, various external washings, and the sacrifice of animals.

I do not tell anyone to do those works.

Robert Pate

Banned
You are ridiculous, for a Judaizer is one that tried to do in the flesh what Jesus has already done and that is to clean us. The ceremonial works are the works that clean, and those ceremonial works are circumcision, a dietary law, various external washings, and the sacrifice of animals.

I do not tell anyone to do those works.

There is only one law. It is called "The Law of Moses" in the law of Moses there are thousands of things that you must do to keep it.

James said that if you fail in one point of the law you have failed the whole thing, James 2:10.

God's Truth

the italics, well the addition of italicized words into all English translations faced the same problem that exist in any translation of language.

This as early as 100 years ago was common knowledge to most that the words that were in italics were added to correct the difference between the idioms between Greek/Hebrew and English.

In older English translations of the bible the translators gave an explanation of this in either the "preface" or in the section "translators to the reader" stating that the words in italics were (added) but in most modern translations it was omitted (believed to be common knowledge) but as it seems it is not commonly understood in these modern times.

In most cases these additions to the original text seem to render the same meaning,but in some cases if you read the same scripture and omit them the meaning completely changes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_James_Version

Are you kidding? I know what the italics mean in the King James Version.

Acts 5:32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Now tell me how you think that scripture means something else because of an italicized 'is'.

That scripture says that Holy Spirit is given to those who obey.

That means you were not given the Holy Spirit by merely believing.

God's Truth

There is only one law. It is called "The Law of Moses" in the law of Moses there are thousands of things that you must do to keep it.

James said that if you fail in one point of the law you have failed the whole thing, James 2:10.

James was NOT speaking of the old law WITH THE CEREMONIAL WORKS. James was speaking of the Royal Law of love your neighbor as yourself!