The citadel of free will is a mirage.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I agree with Truster, that the evil God created is not sin, and it has righteous purpose when yielded by God (not man).

And I am not a Preterist . . .

God didn't "Create" EVIL! That verse is fully taken out of context. You are literally admitting you attribute Evil to God.

For goodness sakes! Seriously!

:doh:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Holy Spirit therapy? Your irreverence is only equalled by your blind stupidity.

Truster...

I've been super de duper cool to you. I'm watching you plunge off of the high dive into the waters of Hyper Calvinism!?!

I would ask that you don't appeal to my less kind side... but suit yourself.

Truster

God didn't "Create" EVIL! That verse is fully taken out of context. You are literally admitting you attribute Evil to God.

For goodness sakes! Seriously!

:doh:

If there were no other contrasts in scripture then you might have a case. But, scripture is full of contrasts.

Elohim is Good and to highlight His goodness he created evil as a contrast.

Elohim is Light and to highlight light He created darkness and separated the two.

His wisdom is far above you...

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
They were told, by GOD, to choose one or the other.
The choice to choose one or the other is there to make.

:thumb:

Joshua 24:15 And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the LORD, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
If there were no other contrasts in scripture then you might have a case. But, scripture is full of contrasts.

Elohim is Good and to highlight His goodness he created evil as a contrast.

Elohim is Light and to highlight light He created darkness and separated the two.

His wisdom is far above you...

29e062e3631110ba782eee7023494de2a38b630ae3348d87c8e1a5bfdfe62dbb.jpg

Truster

Truster...

I've been super de duper cool to you. I'm watching you plunge off of the high dive into the waters of Hyper Calvinism!?!

I would ask that you don't appeal to my less kind side... but suit yourself.

In the light and sight of truth you revert to labels. Don't wear kid gloves with me just bring on your heresies and ignorance. You can neither hurt nor affect my trust and knowledhe of the truth in any way. All the damage and hurt will fall on you. So be careful for yourself, but carefree towards me.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I agree with Truster, that the evil God created is not sin, and it has righteous purpose when yielded by God (not man).

And I am not a Preterist . . .
"Evil" does not = sinful wickedness.

Jeremiah 18:8 KJV
(8) If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.

Isaiah 45:7 KJV
(7) I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
:thumb:

Joshua 24:15 And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the LORD, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”

Read Judges Chapter 9 to see how all that came out.

When God tells men to repent or choose to live . . those are not requests that are contingent upon man's will. They are commands.

And no man has ever been able to obey God's commands unto salvation.

That is why God promised His Messiah, who could and would satisfy the demands of the Law, in order that His people might live and be imputed with righteousness.

(My words above is the one, true Gospel message found through out Holy Scripture.)

Nang

TOL Subscriber
"Evil" does not = sinful wickedness.

Did I say it did?

What is with all these false accusations and misrepresentations of my posts?

The verses below substantiate what I have posted on this subject.

Jeremiah 18:8 KJV
(8) If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.

Isaiah 45:7 KJV
(7) I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.[/QUOTE]

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Then no Christian needs to know of what Martin Luther thinks.
We don't need to know of what Calvin thinks.
We don't need to know of what the Pope thinks.
We are to rely on the word of GOD that teaches us; not Luther, Calvin, or a Pope.
The one Christian faith (Eph4:5KJV) all begins with, and from, the historical fact of the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead on the third day. Romans 10:9 (KJV) :)

I think that our theology is how we each go about integrating this historical fact into our mind.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Then no Christian needs to know of what Martin Luther thinks.
We don't need to know of what Calvin thinks.
We don't need to know of what the Pope thinks.
We are to rely on the word of GOD that teaches us; not Luther, Calvin, or a Pope.

If you really think this way, I must ask you why you spend your days on TOL reading what all the other members think and write?

What "need" does TOL fill in your Christian life, that is superior to learning what Luther wrote about the will of man?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you really think this way, I must ask you why you spend your days on TOL reading what all the other members think and write?

What "need" does TOL fill in your Christian life, that is superior to learning what Luther wrote about the will of man?
I like talking with folks about scripture, Nang.
I do it because I feel like it.
Neither the words of Luther or the words of TOL members are what I rely upon.

Scripture tells me to search scripture for truth.
It does not tell me to search what Luther, Calvin, or a Pope thinks about scripture for truth.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Read Judges Chapter 9 to see how all that came out.

When God tells men to repent or choose to live . . those are not requests that are contingent upon man's will. They are commands.

And no man has ever been able to obey God's commands unto salvation.

That is why God promised His Messiah, who could and would satisfy the demands of the Law, in order that His people might live and be imputed with righteousness.

(My words above is the one, true Gospel message found through out Holy Scripture.)

You are throwing down the crippling of the soul argument. "Choice" Nang... "Choice"... Without recognition of it... you blend the Light of God with the Iniquity of Creation. Iniquity in Angels and Humans is clearly a result of "Choice".

He's not a Divine Control Freak / Puppet Master.

When God comes on DARK clouds... it's not an act of Wickedness, but the reconciliation of all things. Evil will be destroyed and God will dispense mercy as abundantly as He is afforded the ability to dispense it... IN RESPONSE TO THE HEARTS OF "ALL CREATION".

God Chose to give us CHOICE. You keep trying to circumvent it!

Last edited:

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Nihilo...

I fully believe that God is the origin of human free will and further more... God has bound none of us with the inability to choose good or evil. Every day we exist is full of "choices". Human-Free-Will was always intended by God. I'm assuming that you are taking this stance? Please correct me if I am wrong.

I do believe that only God is actually Good by all Law of scripture and Moral inclination. We do well sometimes... But only God is Good. This above all matters is why all of us are responsible for our own failure, and hopefully become inclined to lay all of it at the feet of the Cross and in the depths of Christ's tomb.

- EE
I'm not sure I know what you'd want a response to in there? :)