the church

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Well what do you think?

I think that the early Christians were Calvinistic in their beliefs, and didn't need the Scriptures to necessitate what was already given.

These men baptized with buckets and spoons, and had no Bible. They were the elect, unconditionally elected to persevere as saints- and they knew it :)

glassjester

I think that the early Christians were Calvinistic in their beliefs, and didn't need the Scriptures to necessitate what was already given.

These men baptized with buckets and spoons, and had no Bible. They were the elect, unconditionally elected to persevere as saints- and they knew it :)

So does anyone now have the authority to correct someone else's interpretation of Scripture?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Would it make more sense if we all interpret the bible together?
Yes. Just as long as it's not a democratic process.
I didn't read the double something link above but I already see you're in double trouble denying your denomination making their own interpretations. What's the diffence between the RCC and the Orthodox interpretations?
Quite a bit in one way, and not very much at all, in another way.
You're just rooting for your denominational team like a sports game. Reading the Bible alone by ourselves isn't a game. We take it seriously and you fall for alternative interpretations.
I have taken it very seriously for decades.
Protestants are also involved in the long chain of ordination as well and you don't like it.
No they're not. Martin Luther was a priest. He couldn't consecrate bishops and didn't. Same for virtually all other non-Catholic traditions, save the Orthodox.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Won't both people claim, and believe themselves, to be right?

Does anyone have the authority to say who's right?

Truth is something that doesn't need an authority- it stands on it's own. I don't believe God made an office which infallibly teaches scripture, but I do believe that the Spirit works through orthodox churches to help achieve a more perfect understanding.

That is why I like my church- we are very traditional and vote on our constitution and bylaws. We believe that God works through us to have a kosher and accurate ideology.

In fact, we are very Catholic in that regard, except the authority is not given to a separate apostolic succession :think:

glassjester

That is why I like my church- we are very traditional and vote on our constitution and bylaws. We believe that God works through us to have a kosher and accurate ideology.

Is it possible for your church to arrive at a fallacious conclusion via this system?
Or does God protect your church from that possibility?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Is it possible for your church to arrive at a fallacious conclusion via this system?
Or does God protect your church from that possibility?

Perhaps. Our biases may produce something errant, but with the promise of the Spirit, we won't be fundamentally heretical or go into a state of fanaticism.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I'll find some well rounded rocks at either Orthodox denomination or Roman denomination poor resources. We all know good and well that rough rocks fallen in a river will get worned down to pretty round rocks over time. The Roman denomination (not Church) is pretty and round on the surface but rotten in its core. That's why the Reformation was lead by God. Romanians are just another pretty denomination with golden fancy eye candy. You'll need more folks to convince how awesome your changed denomination is. Luther already warned us of that. Please don't water down the gospel again.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Yes. Just as long as it's not a democratic process.
Quite a bit in one way, and not very much at all, in another way.
I have taken it very seriously for decades.
No they're not. Martin Luther was a priest. He couldn't consecrate bishops and didn't. Same for virtually all other non-Catholic traditions, save the Orthodox.
Successions spreads very quickly during time. Doubles on top of doubles on top of triples on a steep curve that is almost vertical straight up the charts. Ordinations are so many we lost count. Silly how the Orthodox and the RCC wants to count how many bunny rabbits multiplied over 2000 years. They can count while we worship. God will be very pleased with the Protestants.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
-the church does not teach limited atonement
-the church teaches redemption for all men
-the church does not teach unconditional election
-the church teaches anyone might be saved based on their works

glassjester

Perhaps. Our biases may produce something errant, but with the promise of the Spirit, we won't be fundamentally heretical or go into a state of fanaticism.

Then your church cannot teach doctrinal error. It is protected from doing so.

Is that right?

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Truth is something that doesn't need an authority- it stands on it's own. I don't believe God made an office which infallibly teaches scripture, but I do believe that the Spirit works through orthodox churches to help achieve a more perfect understanding.

In fact, we are very Catholic in that regard, except the authority is not given to a separate apostolic succession :think:
Like the writers being so different from each other, they all wrote under God's breath. I believe all the different denominations work the same way. Like a hologram, we bring together memories through smell on one side of the brain and visions on the other side of the brain.

All comes together as one.

The universal Catholic church

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Like the writers being so different from each other, they all wrote under God's breath. I believe all the different denominations work the same way. Like a hologram, we bring together memories through smell on one side of the brain and visions on the other side of the brain.

All comes together as one.

The universal Catholic church

Like a prism, breaking down and spreading the light in it's colors.

That's how I symbolize it :thumb:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
-the church does not teach total depravity
-God loves everyone
-the church does not teach unconditional election
-we are all elect
-the church does not teach limited atonement
-we have all been redeemed
-the church does not teach irresistible grace
-we have free will
-the church does not teach perseverance of the saints