the church

SaulToPaul 2

I would say that you can interpret it, but you can't teach your private interpretation as if it's the truth, and especially not that it's what the Catholic faith believes, unless your own interpretation is in agreement with what the Church teaches. Else, you're leading people astray.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
But I haven't seen where Chrysostom teaches Revelation views as if they are what the Church teaches.

Maybe I missed that though.

I have often said
-the church has no official view of the apocalypse
-what I present are my views
-they are not inconsistent with church teachings

Wick Stick

is that what you found on the internet?
Nope... that was a joke. It wasn't for you, and was at the expense of your church, so I can see why you wouldn't find it funny.

FWIW, I'm not even anti-catholic. I just like to poke everyone in the ribs from time to time. Consider yourself poked.

Jarrod

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Nope... that was a joke. It wasn't for you, and was at the expense of your church, so I can see why you wouldn't find it funny.

FWIW, I'm not even anti-catholic. I just like to poke everyone in the ribs from time to time. Consider yourself poked.

Jarrod

you really know how to have fun

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
that is not true
-are you just repeating what they told you?
It's an added tradition authorized by the papal system that you use secondary sources instead. You just gave us a link to secondary resources. We have be getting alternative information from the RCC for years. If you're ordianed, you shoud know better

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I have often said
-the church has no official view of the apocalypse
-what I present are my views
-they are not inconsistent with church teachings

it would be wrong to say my views on the apocalypse are consistent with church teachings
-it is not what the church teaches
-it is accurate to say they are not inconsistent with church teachings
-they don't contradict what the church teaches

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
It's an added tradition authorized by the papal system that you use secondary sources instead. You just gave us a link to secondary resources. We have be getting alternative information from the RCC for years. If you're ordianed, you shoud know better

that is just nonsense

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
that is just nonsense
Would it make more sense if we all interpret the bible together? I didn't read the double something link above but I already see you're in double trouble denying your denomination making their own interpretations. What's the diffence between the RCC and the Orthodox interpretations?

You're just rooting for your denominational team like a sports game. Reading the Bible alone by ourselves isn't a game. We take it seriously and you fall for alternative interpretations. Protestants are also involved in the long chain of ordination as well and you don't like it.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Does anyone have the authority to correct someone else's interpretation of Scripture?

According to you, that would be the alleged apostolic succession. Who, as far as I'm concerned looking at history, has vastly changed it's notions since the Early Ages on.