the church

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
where do you get the truth?

From Jesus;

John 14:6 New King James Version (NKJV)

6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 8:32 New King James Version (NKJV)

32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
From Jesus;

John 14:6 New King James Version (NKJV)

6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
Through the mystical union between the Lord Jesus Christ and the Church, what He said here should be interpreted and understood in the same sense in which He told Saul, after Saul threatened violence "against the disciples of the Lord" (Ac9:1): "Why persecutest thou me? . . . I am Jesus whom thou persecutest...." Acts 9:4-5

John 14:6 means that you're not coming to the Father except as a member of the Lord's Church.

dodge

Through the mystical union between the Lord Jesus Christ and the Church, what He said here should be interpreted and understood in the same sense in which He told Saul, after Saul threatened violence "against the disciples of the Lord" (Ac9:1): "Why persecutest thou me? . . . I am Jesus whom thou persecutest...." Acts 9:4-5

John 14:6 means that you're not coming to the Father except as a member of the Lord's Church.

YOU do NOT get to change God's word ! That is not even close to what Jesus said.

John 14:6 Jesus said ," I am the way the truth and the life and no man comes to the Father but by me".

dodge

What you believe is derived from your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect---including your personal interpretations of Scripture.

Since you seem to be unable to read scriptures for yourself and have to be told what to believe and how to worship I truly pity you.

Folks have learned to see the RCC for what it is , which is deceived lost men following other deceived lost men...NO thanks.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
the church is a place to gather in His name
-today is sunday
-go to church
-pray
-worship
-with others

Cruciform

Since you seem to be unable to read scriptures for yourself and have to be told what to believe and how to worship I truly pity you.
You seem blissfully unaware that, with respect to what you believe and do as a Christian, you also "have been told what to believe and how to worship." Thus, your accusation applies equally to yourself, and to every single other member of TOL.

Back to Post #1549.

Cruciform

How can a universal Catholic Church be man made sect?
It isn't. The myriad non-Catholic denominations and sects that have sprung up over the past five centuries, however, are---every one of them---invented by some mere man or men, including yours.

KingdomRose

Holy Catholicism is more than a religion. It is not less than, but is more than a religion. Plus, when we speak about history, we're talking about the physical, visible, even obvious, organization or corporation, that is traced directly back through the ages to the Lord Jesus Christ Himself, Who said, "I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build." Matthew 16:17-18

What He would build, is in a sense beside the point, that He said He will build. What did He build? And should whatever He did build, assuming that He did indeed build, still be visible? If He were building an obelisk, if instead of saying He would build His Church, but instead said that He would build "His obelisk," should we expect that His obelisk still stands today? Yes, because whatever He means in saying that "the gates of hell shall not prevail against" His obelisk, we should at least believe that He meant that His obelisk would not ever be knocked down or destroyed.

Compare with the Temple.

I guess you haven't seen the scriptural evidence that has been presented showing that Jesus was not referring to Peter when he said, "Upon this rock I will build my church."

But anyway....Jesus said that we could tell a wolf in sheep's clothing by what they DO. We have discussed many evil things the RCC has done, yet you turn a blind eye to them. (The RCC is anything but "holy"!)

"Beware of false prophets who come to you in sheep's clothing, but underneath are ravenous wolves. By their fruits you will know them." (Matt.7:15,16, New American Bible)