the church

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The Pope doesn't know anything.
But we know who the pope is. We know his real name. We know where he was born, and when he became a priest, and when he became a bishop, and a cardinal. We know that he has been taught everything needed to receive Holy Orders, and we know that he has been a party to what all the other bishops tell each other.

You? We only know your user name. Why should we believe that the Holy Spirit reveals to you especially things that He conceals from His Church's bishops?
What would a Roman, 300 years after the resurrection... 1000 miles away in enemy territory know about what Jesus taught? Especially, for the first 300 years of Christianity, the Romans put Christians to death!
"Word travels fast?" :idunno: Acts 2:10
You church has nothing to do with Jesus and everything to do with re-branded Roman Mithraism and Paganism... only the names have been changed to try and make it more palatable.
Is the Church inclusive? Yes. Always has been. Why is it so offensive to you?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
It would be impossible to judge the non-christian magesterium by christian standards..... they are too stupid and ignorant... and most importantly, have closed their minds to the leading of the Holy Spirit.

Basically they have built themselves a false castle they cannot escape from and are doomed to roam its accursed halls.
Very imaginative. All I'm asking is that by whatever standard you judge our Magisterium, that you apply that same standard to whomever else you think teaches authentic Christian doctrine.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Satan D. Lucifer, CEO
It's every religious organization.
OK, but it's not an organization. They are many organizations. The Church from the beginning was a single body of people, composed of many particular churches (dioceses), and it is trivial to trace its history all the way back to Pentecost in AD 33, if you interpret history continuously and not discontinuously.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Within Catholic tradition, "the alter" is a clear reference to going to take communion. Within other traditions the concept holds, before you go before God, check your heart.
That's not in the text. We have no reason to believe that the Lord was talking about any other altar than the one in the Temple, which was destroyed.

Right Divider

Body part
Says you. And who are you, exactly? Why should anybody take your word, over the unified word of thousands of bishops, all having received Holy Orders, having had hands laid on them?
What does that have to do with the TRUTH?

You're so indoctrinated into that perverse system that you cannot see straight.

Who are THEY exactly?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The RCC has NO authority whatsoever. They are a FALSE religion that God did NOT institute.

It does not matter how many there are, they are all false.
You sound hysterical. Maybe you need a new list for those who sound hysterical. You should be at the top.

HisServant

But we know who the pope is. We know his real name. We know where he was born, and when he became a priest, and when he became a bishop, and a cardinal. We know that he has been taught everything needed to receive Holy Orders, and we know that he has been a party to what all the other bishops tell each other.

You? We only know your user name. Why should we believe that the Holy Spirit reveals to you especially things that He conceals from His Church's bishops?
"Word travels fast?" :idunno: Acts 2:10
Is the Church inclusive? Yes. Always has been. Why is it so offensive to you?

The way is narrow... the RCC has falsely told people it is wide and they have the key... all in the quest for money.

Whether you believe me or not, is of no consequence.. I have pointed out evil and witnessed to the resurrection of Jesus... that is my duty as a Christian.

Cruciform

Because the RCC teaches false and anti-God doctrines. It's not hard to understand.
What RD means is that the Catholic Church believes and teaches doctrines that contradict the entirely non-authoritative opinions fed to him by his preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect. Anything that disagrees with the dictates of his chosen man-made sect he labels as "false and anti-God doctrines." No, just anti-RD's-sect. Nice try, though.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
That's not in the text. We have no reason to believe that the Lord was talking about any other altar than the one in the Temple, which was destroyed.

Why do Catholic churches have alters? Where do Catholics Sacrifice Jesus over and over again?

Cruciform

Why do Catholic churches have alters? Where do Catholics Sacrifice Jesus over and over again?
You're either repeating this falsehood deliberately, which is lying (Prov. 19:5), or you're simply intellectually unable to comprehend the English language, since this has been explained to you---and corrected for you---numerous times on this forum. Once again:

The true teaching to the Catholic Mass is, Jesus' ONE TIME bloody sacrifice on the Cross at Calvary is MADE PRESENT. Jesus cannot die again. At the Last Supper He commanded His apostles to MAKE PRESENT His sacrifice in remembrance of Him until He comes again. (Luke 22:19; 1 Corinthians 11:26). Because God is not bound to our earthly time nor to our earthly calendar what took place at Calvary and what takes place at Mass is the same moment and the same sacrifice to God. There is NOT a new sacrifice of Jesus at Mass, but His ONE-TIME sacrifice at Calvary is MADE PRESENT.

http://www.kathyschley.com/Catholic_Churc/Mass.html

Or this:

Jesus' one perfect sacrifice is thus eternally present before the Father, who eternally accepts it. This means that in the Eucharist, Jesus does not sacrifice himself again and again. Rather, by the power of the Holy Spirit his one eternal sacrifice is made present once again, re-presented, so that we may share in it.

http://www.catholic.org/clife/jesus/eucharist.php

Or this:

The priest is not "re-sacrificing" Jesus over and over again. Rather, the original sacrifice is made present once again, through time and space, for us here now to enter into. If you've ever watched the same movie repeatedly, the actors aren't redoing their original acting over and over again. It is just re-presented again, in the original form. The same goes for the Mass. This Holy Sacrifice of the Last Supper can never be repeated, because it never ends, and is offered for all generations for all time.

http://www.catholicbible101.com/whennoncatholicssay.htm

So much for your utterly ignorant claim that the Catholic Church "sacrifices Jesus over and over." From now on, you're either lying, or just plain stupid.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

the parrot repeats over and over again what it hears
-and
-does not know what it is saying

You're either repeating this falsehood deliberately, which is lying (Prov. 19:5), or you're simply intellectually unable to comprehend the English language, since this has been explained to you---and corrected for you---numerous times on this forum. Once again:

The true teaching to the Catholic Mass is, Jesus' ONE TIME bloody sacrifice on the Cross at Calvary is MADE PRESENT. Jesus cannot die again. At the Last Supper He commanded His apostles to MAKE PRESENT His sacrifice in remembrance of Him until He comes again. (Luke 22:19;​

Luke 22:19King James Version (KJV)

19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.​

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
The true teaching to the Catholic Mass is, Jesus' ONE TIME bloody sacrifice on the Cross at Calvary is MADE PRESENT. Jesus cannot die again. At the Last Supper He commanded His apostles to MAKE PRESENT His sacrifice in remembrance of Him until He comes again. (Luke 22:19; 1 Corinthians 11:26). Because God is not bound to our earthly time nor to our earthly calendar what took place at Calvary and what takes place at Mass is the same moment and the same sacrifice to God. There is NOT a new sacrifice of Jesus at Mass, but His ONE-TIME sacrifice at Calvary is MADE PRESENT.

http://www.kathyschley.com/Catholic_Churc/Mass.html

Or this:
Jesus' one perfect sacrifice is thus eternally present before the Father, who eternally accepts it. This means that in the Eucharist, Jesus does not sacrifice himself again and again. Rather, by the power of the Holy Spirit his one eternal sacrifice is made present once again, re-presented, so that we may share in it.

http://www.catholic.org/clife/jesus/eucharist.php

Or this:
The priest is not "re-sacrificing" Jesus over and over again. Rather, the original sacrifice is made present once again, through time and space, for us here now to enter into. If you've ever watched the same movie repeatedly, the actors aren't redoing their original acting over and over again. It is just re-presented again, in the original form. The same goes for the Mass. This Holy Sacrifice of the Last Supper can never be repeated, because it never ends, and is offered for all generations for all time.

http://www.catholicbible101.com/whennoncatholicssay.htm

So much for your utterly ignorant claim that the Catholic Church "sacrifices Jesus over and over." From now on, you're either lying, or just plain stupid.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

the parrot repeats over and over again what it hears
-and
-does not know what it is saying

19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
Now that the emotional outburst is over, maybe you can address the actual question I asked.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Now that the emotional outburst is over, maybe you can address the actual question I asked.

19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

Right Divider

Body part

John 6:48-63 (KJV)
(6:48) I am that bread of life. (6:49) Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. (6:50) This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. (6:51) I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. (6:52) The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us [his] flesh to eat? (6:53) Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. (6:54) Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. (6:55) For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. (6:56) He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. (6:57) As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. (6:58) This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever. (6:59) These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum. (6:60) Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard [this], said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it? (6:61) When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you? (6:62) [What] and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before? (6:63) It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, [they] are spirit, and [they] are life.

Do you really think that Jesus wanted them to literally eat His FLESH?