the church

HisServant

Thus you merely prove my statements in Post #825 above.

Right back at you, friend.

What I deny is that any such actions---and they were fairly common for both Catholics and Protestants during the Late Renaissance Period---have anything whatsoever to do with the Church's authoritative teaching of doctrine.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Then you truly are a FOOL!

Cruciform

And Jesus, never once encouraged Christian dogma to be made civil law... instead he said let the civil law be what it may, we have better things to do.And it was your Popes that held a knife to the necks of the kings and queens of Europe to make Romanism into the civil law or face excommunication. So the state was only a proxy agent to insure that Romanist's enemies were killed.
More bare ignorance from HS. At least he's consistent.

HisServant

You can go ahead and just apply that to yourself. In any case your transparent excuse for having no valid counterargument whatsoever is noted. :yawn:

Yet, you haven't countered any of my 5 points that show that Rome is not Jesus' church. How can one have a counterargument when you are nothing more than a screamer in the audience that has absolutely no intention of engaging in the discussion whatsoever?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Yet, you haven't countered any of my 5 points that show that Rome is not Jesus' church. How can one have a counterargument when you are nothing more than a screamer in the audience that has absolutely no intention of engaging in the discussion whatsoever?

we found what we think is the church that Jesus built on a rock
-what did you find?
-why do you think it is the church?

HisServant

The Holy Spirit found me... and led me to the chief cornerstone and foundation of the ekklesia... Jesus.

The church has never saved anyone and never will.

Scripture gives us a great example of why to be suspicious of the institutions of men and how to test them... the RCC fails that test, so it cannot be of God.

Lon

Well, I can say that I think BY myself, and what I think happens to run in the same channels as what the WT says. Too bad you can't think BY yourself. How are you ever going to really know what the truth is if you just take the Vatican's word for it?
Er, no you can't:

tower of watches said:
" . . . people cannot see the Divine Plan in studying the Bible by itself . . . if he [JW] then lays them [Scripture Studies] aside and ignores them and goes to the bible alone, though he has understood his Bible for ten years, our experience shows that within two years he goes into darkness. On the other hand, if he had merely read the Scripture Studies with their references, and had not read a page of the Bible, as such, he would be in the light at the end of the two years, because he would have the light of the Scriptures," (Watchtower, Sept. 15, 1910, p. 298). [:doh:]
"... the Bible is an organizational book and belongs to the Christian congregation as an organization, not to individuals, regardless of how sincerely they may believe that they can interpret the Bible," (Watchtower, Oct. 1, 1967, p. 587).
Oops

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
You think...
Jesus
Because the Body of Christ, Jesus's church, is made up of all who know Jesus as their Lord and Savior regardless of what sect they worship in.
so we all have the keys
-and
-we all have the power to bind and loose
-that should result in about 30 thousand denominations

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
so we all have the keys
-and
-we all have the power to bind and loose
-that should result in about 30 thousand denominations

When you sin against someone, a priest does not have the authority to forgive you for that sin, you have to go and ask forgiveness of the person you sinned against.

[h=1]Matthew 5:23-24New International Version (NIV)[/h] 23 “Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, 24 leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift.

Jesus didn't say go to a priest, Jesus said to go and reconcile with the one who has something against you.

The converse is also true. If somebody comes to you to ask your forgiveness, you have the keys to bind or lose their sin against you.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
When you sin against someone, a priest does not have the authority to forgive you for that sin, you have to go and ask forgiveness of the person you sinned against.

[h=1]Matthew 5:23-24New International Version (NIV)[/h] 23 “Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, 24 leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift.

Jesus didn't say go to a priest, Jesus said to go and reconcile with the one who has something against you.

The converse is also true. If somebody comes to you to ask your forgiveness, you have the keys to bind or lose their sin against you.

you have given yourself the authority to interpret the bible any way you want to

meshak

BANNED
Banned
you have given yourself the authority to interpret the bible any way you want to

Jesus messages are for the world.

His basic teachings don't need any scholars' help to understand.

He taught us everything we need to know for God's kingdom.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame

Whats to interpret? Jesus said that if you have a problem with a brother or sister go make it right. What needs to be interpreted? How would you interpret that and why would you do so?

HisServant

Man kind was not created to be ruled... authority implies subservience. Adam was not subservient to a king and neither were countless generations after him.

To voluntarily submit ourselves to the totalitarianism of a church is to revolt against Gods plan for his creation. And to think, God appointed Saul and then David as a PENALTY upon Israel.