the church

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Uh, yes, and a few have listened to the truth and have come to worship the true God of the Bible. The Scriptures always have said that most of the world would hate true Christians, so finding sheep-like ones in Muslim countries is thrilling.

how long did you stay?

KingdomRose

Yes, KR would much rather we read material adulterated by Jehovah's Witness hogwash.

Message me and I'll be happy to provide you with all the information you like.

I think most of the people here would like to see your response to my question about how the RCC justifies the Crusades, the Inquisition and the Borgias. Those are just three items on a long list. Can't you defend those three things? It would be very interesting to everybody.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I think most of the people here would like to see your response to my question about how the RCC justifies the Crusades, the Inquisition and the Borgias. Those are just three items on a long list. Can't you defend those three things? It would be very interesting to everybody.

you are not reading the koran today
-thanks to the church

KingdomRose

no one does more
the church has
more schools
more hospitals
more charities
more missions
more churches
in more countries
no one does more

So what? Didn't Jesus say that there would be religious leaders that would tell him how much they did for him, and yet they were really "workers of lawlessness"? Didn't he say that he would tell them, "I never knew you"?

MATTHEW 7:21-23

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
So what? Didn't Jesus say that there would be religious leaders that would tell him how much they did for him, and yet they were really "workers of lawlessness"? Didn't he say that he would tell them, "I never knew you"?

MATTHEW 7:21-23

Jesus said
-you will be known by your fruit

KingdomRose

Scripture seems to point to that happening. I give it a 50/50 chance.

1.) Everyone is dead that Jesus preached to when he said that some would be alive when he returned.

2.) John said the event was to happen soon.

I don't side with Nihilo, but I have to reply to this. Let's see...where did Jesus say that some would be alive when he returned?

Matthew 16:28? "Truly I say to you that there are some of those standing here that will not taste death at all until first they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom."

No, this couldn't be it, because the very next few verses show the fulfillment of what he said. Peter, James and John saw Jesus' TRANSFIGURATION....which showed them Jesus' heavenly status as he would come, in the future, in Kingdom power.

How about John 11:25,26? "Jesus said to [Martha]: 'I am the resurrection and the life. He that exercises faith in me even though he dies, will come to life; and everyone that is living and exercises faith in me will never die at all.'"

Yes. But of course if you look closely, you will see that he said they would NEVER die. So what does this mean? He meant that when he came again---in the future some time---there would be those alive THEN that would never die because they would be protected from harm during the Great Tribulation and go right into Paradise under Jesus' Millennial Reign. So Jesus was right; he wasn't misinformed. Some in the near future, that have faith in him now, will go right on living when he comes again. You and I are undoubtedly in this group.

So everyone is dead that Jesus preached to directly, but not his followers NOW.

Now, as far as John saying that Jesus would return "soon," what is "soon" to God? It was God giving him the information, wasn't it? Through Christ? One day is like a thousand to God, and a thousand years as one day. (2 Peter 3:8; Psalm 90:4)

KingdomRose

Would you agree that in his Gospel account, written after Peter's death (Jn21:19), John may have indicated that the Lord had already returned? I'm thinking of John 21:20-23:

Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee? Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do? Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me. Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?​

Emphasis mine, obviously.

No, not at all. The disciples thought that is what he might have said, but they were wrong...as they were on other things.

KingdomRose

what does that mean?

You follow a man who makes himself out to be God, as described at 2 Thessalonions 2:4-10. The actions of the leader of the RCC show unequivocably that he places himself on a par with God, because he claims to be infallible, he claims to be the vicar of Christand he accepts acts of worship that should go only to the Father, God.

KingdomRose

how much time to spend attacking the church?

But you see...when some religion is making itself out to be the true representative of God and yet its works are bloody and deceitful, it is an actual DUTY of true Christians to reveal its hypocrisy. Otherwise, how are the people in that religion going to be helped? The Bible tells those in false religion to GET OUT OF HER. They must be warned.

Revelation [Apocalypse] 18:4

When non-Catholics or non-Lutherans or non-Mormons (or non-any of the world's false religions) see what those religions have done.....how can we not say something?

KingdomRose

you are blind and just repeat what you hear
-no better than a parrot

I wouldn't say that that is the position of most people who oppose the RCC and others. Speaking for myself, I have merely observed in historical literature (e.g., any encyclopedia, dozens of books), documentaries, and now current events that are splashed all over news media, and it's easy to draw conclusions concerning the hypocrisy of the RCC and others.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
But you see...when some religion is making itself out to be the true representative of God and yet its works are bloody and deceitful, it is an actual DUTY of true Christians to reveal its hypocrisy. Otherwise, how are the people in that religion going to be helped? The Bible tells those in false religion to GET OUT OF HER. They must be warned.

Revelation [Apocalypse] 18:4

When non-Catholics or non-Lutherans or non-Mormons (or non-any of the world's false religions) see what those religions have done.....how can we not say something?

Why did you remain silent when these atrocities took place?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't say that that is the position of most people who oppose the RCC and others. Speaking for myself, I have merely observed in historical literature (e.g., any encyclopedia, dozens of books), documentaries, and now current events that are splashed all over news media, and it's easy to draw conclusions concerning the hypocrisy of the RCC and others.

so what do you believe?

KingdomRose

mary appeared to many
-and
-asked them to pray the rosary
-you don't have to believe it
-but
-over a billion do

Do you not think that the demons have a great deal of power to deceive whomever they wish? Over a billion just might have fallen prey to those crafty fallen angels.

"Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light." (2 Corinthians 11:14)

KingdomRose

we still have five on the supreme court
-one of them died
-logical thinking got them there
-not the pope

What are those members of your religion doing for the good of the people? Abortion and homosexual-equality laws are absolutely AGAINST Christian teachings! Yet they rule in favor of those things!

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Do you not think that the demons have a great deal of power to deceive whomever they wish? Over a billion just might have fallen prey to those crafty fallen angels.

"Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light." (2 Corinthians 11:14)

Yes JWs Mormons etc is proof of the deceptive power of demons